PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 2 Combat Tracker

Bolstaf
February 20th, 2020, 17:50
The words "Melee" or "Ranged" are inserted at the start of each weapon/attack entry for an NPC/Monster. This messes up the attack roll calculation. Either ignore the words or do not put them there in the first place.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2020, 18:30
This is the same as in FG Classic and it works fine in FG Classic - it will show Melee or Ranged at the beginning of each "Atk" line in the combat tracker and still be able to roll attacks and damage.

Do you have an example creature that works fine in FG Classic (i.e the attack and damage rolls work fine) and that shows the same data in FG Unity but the attack and damage entries don't roll?

Bolstaf
February 20th, 2020, 23:23
My apologies, in my programming life I hated it when users handed me a "problem" with pathetically inadequate details to point me in the right direction.

I am running the "Fall of Plaguestone" PF2 module purchased from your good selves.

For example, the NPC Hallod in the Hallod's Hideout encounter fails in in the manner described when added to the Combat Tracker. Double clicking on the kukri melee attack ignores the +11 bonus and just rolls the d20.

I tried exactly the same encounter in FG Classic, seems to work just fine.

I was going to create a new Hallod taking the details from the PDF statblock for him but how do you type in the one action etc symbols? Copy/Paste from the PDF does not seem to work.

Bolstaf
February 21st, 2020, 22:57
And on further investigation, most of the NPCs in this module exhibit the same problem.

Trenloe
February 21st, 2020, 23:09
Thanks for the info. I’ll investigate further.

Dr0W
February 21st, 2020, 23:37
Hello, Bolstaf!

This is a known bug, and it's already reported and it's known to the developers. This is a FGU Bug.
[FGU-671] - [PF2] NPC entry attack rolls not recognized

I've been using PF2 a lot on FG Unity, for now a workaround for this problem is actually open the NPC entry and make attack rolls from there, instead of rolling from the Combat Tracker. And I advise you to do that even on FG Classic: Many monsters have really interesting abilities that go unnoticed unless you open the whole thing, it doesn't show up on the CT.

Bolstaf
February 24th, 2020, 17:00
OK, good to know and yes the Bestiary full window does work properly. Yes it is FGU only, same module same encounter in FG Classic works OK.

UltimateGM
February 26th, 2020, 15:18
Yep, what Drow said. You can look under the spells tab to find them. Not sure if it's the same tab in unity. Still waiting on a demo and ok to share with my players before I dig into it.

Bolstaf
February 26th, 2020, 16:42
Not sure what you are saying here? How is the spells tab involved?

And when creating NPCs from scratch, what keystrokes or text strings are used to create the melee/ranged attack special symbols for "single action" etc?

H2Os
February 26th, 2020, 16:47
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53482-PF2-Action-Sybmols&p=473473&viewfull=1#post473473

Post 2 for the symbols.

Willot
February 27th, 2020, 06:21
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53482-PF2-Action-Sybmols&p=473473&viewfull=1#post473473

Post 2 for the symbols.

These dont work in FGU, its because FGU doesnt use FGF font. I believe

Trenloe
March 24th, 2020, 09:26
There is a new version of the ruleset (PF2 Release 14) in the "Test" channel of FGU. I've attempted to fix the issue with the attack highlighting - it won't be 100% accurate - the last character of the damage entry will be missing for all but the last entry (when there's multiple entries) as there's an issue with the highlighting in FGU where new-line characters are involved.

I've also implemented the symbol replacement code for [[A]] and [one-action] symbols in the same fields as FGC. The ALT codes won't work in Unity, it handles these characters differently

Info on the symbols in the Wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Action_Symbols

Bolstaf
April 7th, 2020, 16:49
Any idea when this is going to get a fix?

[FGU-671] - [PF2] NPC entry attack rolls not recognized.

Kinda makes the Combat Tracker for PF2 unusable…..

Trenloe
April 7th, 2020, 16:57
Any idea when this is going to get a fix?

[FGU-671] - [PF2] NPC entry attack rolls not recognized.

Kinda makes the Combat Tracker for PF2 unusable…..
See my post immediately above yours.