PDA

View Full Version : Difficult Terrain

RoleforFun
February 13th, 2020, 20:03
Perhaps I'm blind or just not good at searching forums, etc. Is there now or will there be a way to mark areas of the map as difficult terrain for the purposes of movement calculations? If not, I think that would be a very handy feature. I figured it may be possible now that we have LoS blockers and whatnot. Thanks in advance!

celestian
February 13th, 2020, 20:11
Perhaps I'm blind or just not good at searching forums, etc. Is there now or will there be a way to mark areas of the map as difficult terrain for the purposes of movement calculations? If not, I think that would be a very handy feature. I figured it may be possible now that we have LoS blockers and whatnot. Thanks in advance!

This would be a great feature... actually having some way to trigger situations based on entry/exit of specific regions would be perfect for some interesting features.

RoleforFun
February 13th, 2020, 20:12
This would be a great feature... actually having some way to trigger situations based on entry/exit of specific regions would be perfect for some interesting features.

Agreed! Glad I'm not alone in this thought. ��

LordEntrails
February 13th, 2020, 21:27
It's not been discussed and therefore it is very unlikely to be part of initial release. So that it doesn't get lost, add the suggestion to the wishlist :)

RoleforFun
February 13th, 2020, 21:29
It's not been discussed and therefore it is very unlikely to be part of initial release. So that it doesn't get lost, add the suggestion to the wishlist :)

Understood. Thanks for the official/semi-official response. (Not sure if your responses count as Smiteworks official or not. Lol)

damned
February 13th, 2020, 22:12
The official response is, that barring line of sight, and some ability to make maps in game, SmiteWorks are aiming for feature parity.

RoleforFun
February 13th, 2020, 22:25
The official response is, that barring line of sight, and some ability to make maps in game, SmiteWorks are aiming for feature parity.

Tracking. Thanks!

seycyrus
February 13th, 2020, 23:32
This would be a great feature...

But for what ruleset? Not all systems have the same "turn" and/or movement rate that 5E might.

RoleforFun
February 13th, 2020, 23:39
But for what ruleset? Not all systems have the same "turn" and/or movement rate that 5E might.

I'm certain if they were to implement something like this it would be customizable or ruleset dependent. They know what they can and can't do with the coding. Not sure what the point of your comment is.

LordEntrails
February 14th, 2020, 01:21
Understood. Thanks for the official/semi-official response. (Not sure if your responses count as Smiteworks official or not. Lol)
Me, official? Ha, no! The folks that work for SmiteWorks will have a "Developer" title under their username icon.

RoleforFun
February 14th, 2020, 03:41
Me, official? Ha, no! The folks that work for SmiteWorks will have a "Developer" title under their username icon.

I can't keep up with all that - that's my fault. lol

Thanks for always being helpful though. You, Damned, Celestian, and D-O (sniffle) have always been extremely supportive here.

seycyrus
February 14th, 2020, 12:27
I'm certain if they were to implement something like this it would be customizable or ruleset dependent. They know what they can and can't do with the coding. Not sure what the point of your comment is.

What?

Just because they know, doesn't mean they always remember to consider everything at all times.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what the point of YOUR comment is.

If they are omniscient, they do not need your assistance.

damned
February 14th, 2020, 12:56
What?

Just because they know, doesn't mean they always remember to consider everything at all times.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what the point of YOUR comment is.

If they are omniscient, they do not need your assistance. Do you patrol all the forums for pointless comment, or did this one raise your ire because it mentioned 5E?

You realise you are posting in a thread that the other party started. Pot? Kettle? Black?

RoleforFun
February 14th, 2020, 14:49
You realise you are posting in a thread that the other party started. Pot? Kettle? Black?

^^^^^^

seycyrus
February 14th, 2020, 15:30

Uh, sorry. Nope. Doesn't compute.

I did not claim that his original post or any of his other posts were pointless, but his reply calling my post pointless is in itself pointless. If his premise is true, then his reply is not needed, hence pointless. If his premise is not true then my post is valid, and his post is again, pointless.

Where are we going with this stupidity? Am I not allowed to post one small "pointless' comment in someone's thread? I think my post is valid, evidently other's disagree.

RoleforFun
February 14th, 2020, 15:39
Uh, sorry. Nope. Doesn't compute.

I did not claim that his original post or any of his other posts were pointless, but his reply calling my post pointless is in itself pointless. If his premise is true, then his reply is not needed, hence pointless. If his premise is not true then my post is valid, and his post is again, pointless.

Where are we going with this stupidity? Am I not allowed to post one small "pointless' comment in someone's thread? I think my post is valid, evidently other's disagree.

For clarity, I never called your comment pointless. I said I wasn't sure what the point of your post is, giving you an opportunity to clarify. Either you took it offensively or felt like being spicy, so here we are. A very simple "just want to make sure they people who run develop this software are paying attention to all the rulsets" or whatever would have sufficed.

Regardless, I think you've made your point and any further banter along these lines is just clogging the thread. Thank you for your input and bringing up a valid concern. Let's clear the air so the topic stays on point.