PDA

View Full Version : [MACOS][SAWO] Can't use /die exploding dices...

Chris CB
February 13th, 2020, 13:48
> /die 1d6!
/die [XdY+Z|reveal|hide] [description].

I've also tried with 'e' or 'p', it doesn't work either.

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2020, 23:49
I can't recreate this on Windows.

Can any other Mac users verify whether they can use "/die 1d6!" in the chat entry? (in any CoreRPG-based ruleset (CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, PFRPG, etc.))

Thanks,
JPG

jrowsey1
February 14th, 2020, 03:56
Not sure what the result should have been, but I typed in "/die 1d6!" and got this result.

MacBook Pro 16in, 2019, Catalina 10.15.3

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2020, 04:19
That’s the expected result. I’m not sure why Chris CB is getting something else.

Can you try again, Chris, just to make sure it wasn’t a one-off issue? Otherwise, I’m thinking it must have something to do with the French keyboard, but just guessing.

JPG

Chris CB
February 14th, 2020, 08:13
It's working as expected with 5e ruleset (v3.3.10). I'm not lucky and made a 6 after 12 tries, but it's working. I'm trying with no Swade extenstions.

EDIT : I've tried with Swade ruleset and no extension. It's not working. I think the problem comes from Swade (v5.1) ruleset.

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2020, 17:40
More than likely, the SWADE dice handling system is intercepting the default dice handling; and it doesn't know about '!' operator. If that is the case, you won't be able to use the new dice operators inside SWADE unless/until the SWADE ruleset developer decides how he wants to handle. Please note, these rulesets need to work in both current FG as well as FGU, so some features will be limited by that consideration.

Regards,
JPG