PDA

View Full Version : LFP Sundays 6PM CST USA 5E Waterdeep: Dragon Heist / Dungeon of the Mad Mage

bwatford
February 12th, 2020, 21:43
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist / Dungeon of the Mad Mage

FG License Type: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Every other Sunday 6pm - 10pm
If new game, planned start date: February 16th, 2020
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour session, complete campaign

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6 (Already have 3)
Character starting level & equipment: 1

Character creation and house rules: https://www.kingdomofmorrain.com/House_Rules_2020.pdf

Plot Hook/Part 1: (Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (Levels 1-5)

Famed explorer Volothamp Geddarm needs you to complete a simple quest. Thus begins a mad romp through the wards of Waterdeep as you uncover a villainous plot involving some of the city’s most influential figures.

A grand urban caper awaits you. Pit your skill and bravado against villains the likes of which you’ve never faced before, and let the dragon hunt begin!

Plot Hook/Part 2: Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage (Levels 5-20)

In the city of Waterdeep rests a tavern called the Yawning Portal, named after the gaping pit in its common room. At the bottom of this crumbling shaft is a labyrinthine dungeon shunned by all but the most daring adventurers. Known as Undermountain, this dungeon is the domain of the mad wizard Halaster Blackcloak. Long has the Mad Mage dwelt in these forlorn depths, seeding his lair with monsters, traps, and mysteries—to what end is a constant source of speculation and concern.

This adventure picks up where Waterdeep: Dragon Heist leaves off, taking characters of 5th level or higher all the way to 20th level should they explore the entirety of Halaster’s home. Twenty-three levels of Undermountain are detailed herein, along with the subterranean refuge of Skullport. Treasures and secrets abound, but tread with care!

GM Info:
Hi there! It's Billy Watford. I’ve been GMing (DMing, Storytelling, what have you) for these last 30+ years (Or is it 32?), and gaming a touch longer. I’ve run what feels like hundreds of adventures via Paizo, WotC, TSR over the years.

My GMing style focuses more on what makes a good story, and less on things like exploiting the loopholes in rules to their fullest. I like characters that are cards to begin with, but I LOVE characters that develop over the course of a game. Don’t make me deal with two-dimensional characters that have one annoying trait they exploit over and over, and I won’t have to make a tarrasque show up. Deal? Deal.

What kind of player am I NOT looking for?
People who have played this adventure path before (Sorry), and Power Gamers (not sorry) and rules lawyers (really not sorry).

What kind of players AM I looking for?
Ooh, this one is good. I am not really looking for players at all. I am looking for a cast of characters. I’m looking for someone who’s committed to not only a good plot progression (characters or players that stifle the plot make me want to scream), but character development. I want to see your character grow into their role. I want to see selfish street rat become swashbuckling hero! I want to see bored pencil-pushing acolyte become punishing wrath of an angry god! LET’S DO THIS.

Interested?
Send me a PM and we can discuss getting you a seat at the table. Have questions? Then post them below and I will be glad to answer them. Once the group is full we will schedule a session 0 to discuss the campaign and character creation.

bwatford
February 13th, 2020, 16:09
Game is full.... Thanks everyone.