PDA

View Full Version : 4E Mod error

Maldev
February 12th, 2020, 00:49
G'day all. Haven't been on for a while.
Ran FGU and found on start up this error occurred with 2 mods.

4th D&D, no extra extensions. FGC port.
Error happens on all 3 of my Campaigns and with PC restarts.
Tested in new 4E campaign= same error
Other mods are AOK.
Cheers

damned
February 12th, 2020, 01:02
Hey Maldev

This is indicting that there is an XML error in those modules. The XML enforcement in FGC was a bit more lenient than in FGU.
It appears to be telling you the line# and character# where the issue is occurring.
Note nce you fix those two errors it could very well move to the next error....

spite
February 12th, 2020, 05:04
Both of those mods appear to have a @shy in the middle of a sentence that isn't necessary. Just updating my FGU now to see if I can recreate and fix that issue. If so, I'll post how I fix it.

damned
February 12th, 2020, 05:20
There should not be any shareable 4E mods...

spite
February 12th, 2020, 05:21
I think you'll find all of these were made with the same scraping tool that used to be used to scrape and compile the online compendium.

Edit: Hence why I am intending to post how I fix it, not post the fixed modules :)

spite
February 12th, 2020, 05:29
Ok, so unzip the contents of the mods giving errors. Open the big XML in something like notepad++ (or your text editor of preference) and do a search for @shy. Simply delete that same phrase, save file and rezip the items and rename the zip to .mod.
I had 3 occurences of @shy in my DMG mostly around an aberrant creature's entry, removing those has made it show up. Should work the same for you and fix your issue.

Maldev
February 12th, 2020, 09:14
Well, that was relatively easy!
Great stuff & Thanks :)