PDA

View Full Version : Experienced player looking for some fun. (5e) (post 6pm cst fri,sat,thursday.)

Azronical
February 9th, 2020, 03:33
Hello. Ive been playing dnd for awhile it feels like now haveing been in several campaigns and after a long time ive grown interested in trying something new. as of now all my groups are filled with the pcs needed and ive been working with a character concept thats been itching at the back of my mind. The specific I think are best discussed with the dm as I prefer to build my character to fit in the dms world and not just make a character and quickly learn they make no sense in the setting. I'm playing a druid but with a homebrew subclass as the concept involves using the wild magic surge table as a druid. its something that's always made me interested but I never quite had the right setting or campaign to play it. I will state whilst i prefer homebrew settings im perfectly happy playing in a module. and no im not playing this character as the annoying chaotic stupid Ive suffered one of those as a dm all the sympathies. Here is the subclass for review

Circle of Chaos
The druids of the circle of chaos, find that man should not penalize the chaotic nature of the wilds. Chaos in and of itself is a part of nature as much as life, which is reflected in their personalities and spell casting.

Circle Spells Your mystical connection to the elements infuses you with the ability to cast certain spells. At 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th level you gain access to circle spells as shown in the Circle of Chaos Spells column.

Once you gain access to a circle spell, you always have it prepared, and it doesn’t count against the number of spells you can prepare each day. If a circle spell doesn’t appear on the druid spell list, the spell is nonetheless a druid spell for you.
Druid Level Circle of Chaos Spells
3rd darkness, ray of enfeeblement
5th gaseous form, hunger of hadar
7th banishment, dimension door
9th creation, dominate person

Wild Magic Surge
Starting at 2nd level, spellcasting can unleash surges of untamed magic. Immediately after you cast a druid spell of 1st level or higher, the DM can have you roll a d20. If you roll a 1, roll on the Wild Magic Surge found under the Wild Magic archetype in the sorcerer class to create a random magical effect. When you cast one of your circle spells, you always roll on the Wild Magic surge table. You learn the chaos bolt spell and it works similarly to the circle spells forceing a surge.

Chaotic Vitality Starting at 6th level, when you roll on the Wild Magic Surge table, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum of 1).

Shielded Mind Starting at 10th level, your thoughts can’t be read by telepathy or other means unless you allow it.

Chaotic Recovery Starting at 14th level, there’s a chance you regain some of your magical energy when a wild magic surge occurs. Whenever you roll 99-100 on the Wild Magic Surge table, you choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than yourdruid level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.For example, when you are a 4th-level druid, you can recover up to four levels worth of spell slots. You can recover two a 2nd-level slot or four 1st-level slots.