PDA

View Full Version : Trying to build a sub-chart for a table....

vainazzo
February 6th, 2020, 04:16
I have an encounter table. It has a list of monster types. From there in a 2nd column I say the name of my sub-chart... Like [1d10x][ChickenTypes]

This gives me like 1-10 chicken types. But I just want one... So I tried [1d1x]... Nothing.... [1d2x] I get three.... So how can I just get one?

Zacchaeus
February 6th, 2020, 09:19
[My Table] calls your table once [ndnx] calls your table ndn times; [nx] calls the table n times.

So the short answer is just have [ChickenTypes] and that will call the table ChickenTypes once

vainazzo
February 6th, 2020, 12:26
Interesting... I've tested that too and It doesn't roll for chickens. Maybe I just need to play around with it some more. Do you normally drag the table shield and drop it into the column during creation or just type [ChickenTypes]? Thanks for the help Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
February 6th, 2020, 12:49
If you want to roll on a sub table you can either drag the table you want to roll on into the column or type the table's name in square brackets and then add the nuimber of times you want it to roll. Your sub table would then have the link to the NPCs that you wan to include in the encounter.

See attached.

vainazzo
February 6th, 2020, 18:58
Thanks! I tested it at lunch and it worked great!