PDA

View Full Version : Effects make my game client crash

jlabbe
February 5th, 2020, 14:20
I don't know if it's a known issue, but when I try to activate a weather effect to the map, it crash my game client.

Let me explain, when I click on the effect tab and choose a weather effect in the dropdown menu, nothing happen. If I click on a different tab and come back to the effect tab, the effect is back to none.
When I go to the effect tab and choose an effect, then I click on the add effect button at the buttom of the window, then my client freeze for 10 seconds and crash to the desktop.

What am I doing wrong?

Jonathan

LordEntrails
February 5th, 2020, 16:15
Mac or Windows? OS version? Repeatable after a restart of your computer? You have the latest update? What image? Repeatable with other images? What ruleset? Repeatable in a new campaign?

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2020, 19:10
Just pushed a new version of FGU client to update system that should address crash issue. Can you run a new update to get the new client, and try again?

For FX, you have to add an FX layer first, then select layer in the list, then set the FX you want to see. We want to improve this process, but that's how you do it for now.

Regards,
JPG

Patou
February 5th, 2020, 22:51
Just pushed a new version of FGU client to update system that should address crash issue. Can you run a new update to get the new client, and try again?

For FX, you have to add an FX layer first, then select layer in the list, then set the FX you want to see. We want to improve this process, but that's how you do it for now.

Regards,
JPG

Does the effect affect the whole image still or just the tiled layer you added?

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2020, 23:06
It affects the whole image; we have not looked into masked FX yet and won't before initial release.

Regards,
JPG

jlabbe
February 6th, 2020, 01:12

Regards,
JPG

Working now. Thank you.:)