PDA

View Full Version : Missing updater.exe

graziano.girelli
February 3rd, 2020, 18:00
I just launched FGU, start the update and when the FGU window close to apply the update, it doesn't open again automatically.
I start it manually, the "check for updates" button is highlited but when i click i receive the following message:

[03/02/2020 18:57:00] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[03/02/2020 18:57:00] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (ADnDCoreGoldenRod): ' ' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 72.
[03/02/2020 18:57:00] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (Enhanced Images): '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 16, position 262.
[03/02/2020 18:57:00] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (PFRPG - Icones Effets): '0' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '?>'. Line 1, position 20.
[03/02/2020 18:57:00] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (PFRPG - Raccourcis Actions): '0' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '?>'. Line 1, position 20.
[03/02/2020 18:57:00] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (PFRPG - Square Distance): '0' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '?>'. Line 1, position 20.
[03/02/2020 18:57:00] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (PFRPG Fr - Poids Kg): '0' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '?>'. Line 1, position 20.
[2/3/2020 6:57:06 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (D:/G-app/Fantasy Grounds Unity//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)
[2/3/2020 6:57:17 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (D:/G-app/Fantasy Grounds Unity//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)
[2/3/2020 6:57:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (D:/G-app/Fantasy Grounds Unity//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

I always had the other errors, but last is totally new and i can't apply the update.

What do i have to do?

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2020, 18:13
Check to see if your anti virus has quarantined the updater.

Dalmeth
February 3rd, 2020, 18:21
Only fix I found was to reinstall FGU. But just tried to update now again, and I had the same problem. It's like it is uninstalling something and screwing up the core installation.

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2020, 18:23
There is another thread with this issue, it has to do with the 2 slashes in your path... a fix for it is in process. See the other thread for a work around

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2020, 18:24
Ryan found that the trailing slash in the path was causing the issue. He's working on it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53622-Updater-broke-sorta&p=474646&viewfull=1#post474646

Regards,
JPG

graziano.girelli
February 4th, 2020, 20:22
Ryan found that the trailing slash in the path was causing the issue. He's working on it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53622-Updater-broke-sorta&p=474646&viewfull=1#post474646

Regards,
JPG

The problem is not solved.
I launch the updater directly from FGU folder, it starts the update downloading the updater then it stops on "backing up self updater".
So... the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall again FGU?

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2020, 20:51
That sounds like a different issue. I'll forward to Ryan to investigate.

Thanks,
JPG

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2020, 21:41
The problem is not solved.
I launch the updater directly from FGU folder, it starts the update downloading the updater then it stops on "backing up self updater".
So... the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall again FGU?

Open up the installation folder for FG Unity and if there is a folder there called FGUpdater_NEW or similar; delete it and try to update again.

graziano.girelli
February 4th, 2020, 22:48
Open up the installation folder for FG Unity and if there is a folder there called FGUpdater_NEW or similar; delete it and try to update again.

It doesn't work. I delete the folder, but in this way i have again the error in finding the updater. It seems i have to reistall everything.
I know FGU is in beta, but the new version is quiet disappointing: slow and much less reactive then standard edition. I really hope the problems will be solved, especially the loading time of resources (png, items, modules, etc.), the dice rolls are slow too, and in general, the software is decidedly poorly responsive.
I thought the migration from 32 to 64 bits would bring better performance. I hope that these problems are due to youth and are solved relatively quickly.
Meanwhile, I continue to use the classic version with satisfaction.

Trenloe
February 5th, 2020, 08:18
I thought the migration from 32 to 64 bits would bring better performance.
Just moving to 64 bits doesn’t do anything for performance. You can use more memory, but there’s little impact to performance. An analogy would be: it’s like adding a second fuel tank to your car - you can load more fuel and go further, but your car doesn’t go faster.

The devs are aware of performance issues and have stated that they want to work on functionality first and then performance last. This is the sensible approach - to wait until the functionality code is pretty stable before trying to improve performance.

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2020, 09:35
It doesn't work. I delete the folder, but in this way i have again the error in finding the updater. It seems i have to reistall everything.
I know FGU is in beta, but the new version is quiet disappointing: slow and much less reactive then standard edition. I really hope the problems will be solved, especially the loading time of resources (png, items, modules, etc.), the dice rolls are slow too, and in general, the software is decidedly poorly responsive.
I thought the migration from 32 to 64 bits would bring better performance. I hope that these problems are due to youth and are solved relatively quickly.
Meanwhile, I continue to use the classic version with satisfaction.

After deleting that folder did you start the updater directly from the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe in the installation folder?

JustAnother
February 5th, 2020, 17:34
I agree ... this does not resolve the issue
I found the updater had been renamed to _old.exe
The only solution was to download the installer and rerun it pointing to the existing install location.
After this fg updater ran ok

graziano.girelli
February 5th, 2020, 18:40
After deleting that folder did you start the updater directly from the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe in the installation folder?

Yes, but the problem still remain.
In weekend i unistall FGU and reinstall it from the ground.

Egheal
February 5th, 2020, 20:11
Same for me, removing old.exe does not work.
Downloading the installer and running it : the problem seems to be solved... all my purchases are downloaded.
but at the next restart the button "check for update" is red and if i clic on it the launcher disappear and there is no download.
The only way to get back the launcher is to remove the folder "fantasygrounds updater_new" (even running the installer doesn't work).
then all my purchases are downloaded anew... "check for updates" is red at the next restart...etc...

Edit. : at the fourth try it seem to work, no more red "check for update". :D