PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect with second FG session

BrettECook
February 3rd, 2020, 16:42
I am unable to run a second session of FG on my PC. I try to connect to localhost but it just times out. I have opened port 1802 on my router and Firewall but with no improvement.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2020, 16:55
Has this worked before?

Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?

What operating system as you using?

Are you only trying to connect to localhost on the player instance once your GM instance is fully up and running?

BrettECook
February 3rd, 2020, 17:25
FG classic
windows 10
and correct, trying to connect with player instance after gm instance is fully up and running

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2020, 18:25
And are you using localhost as the address from your player instance?

BrettECook
February 3rd, 2020, 18:45
Yes, I have used localhost and the internal IP. both failed to connect.

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2020, 18:48
Do you have any ethernet or wireless network adapters enabled? Do you run any virtual machine or network programs on your computer? Does this persist after a computer restart?

BrettECook
February 3rd, 2020, 23:37
I am running the standard wireless network connection. I don't have an network programs. I did restart and was able to connect 1 time. then I logged out and tried again and failed.

LordEntrails
February 4th, 2020, 00:13
Sounds like security software or another application changing your network environment, but sorry, I don't know enough to pin point further than that. Can you test and see if it works after a restart each time but only for the first time? Maybe then see if you have started any other programs in the meantime?

BrettECook
February 4th, 2020, 01:21
Thanks LordEntrails. You hit the nail on the head. It was my Norton software that was blocking port 1802. I had to remove that port from the protected list for the player session to be able to connect.31459

LordEntrails
February 4th, 2020, 18:36
Good to hear you found the issue. Happy gaming!