PDA

View Full Version : Updater broke, sorta.

Tsriel
February 3rd, 2020, 07:19
[2/2/2020 11:12:10 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[2/2/2020 11:12:14 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)
[2/2/2020 11:12:16 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)
[2/2/2020 11:12:17 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

Got this after trying to do an update. I found the old one renamed to "..._OLD.ext", so I ran that, and it finished the update. Don't know if that was intended but thought to post.

redeyesofnight
February 3rd, 2020, 16:45
As you can see, the path that FGU is searching for here is
C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe

You can see the second slash between Fantasy Grounds and FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe. I believe that this is because your application folder is registered as C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/ with the end slash already in place. The way FGU is currently putting together the path to search is expecting not to have that ending slash on the folder name so it got mixed up.

I've changed the way this is done so that ending slash won't matter, this should to out in an update soon.

(It also seems that there may have been an error completing a previous update that got you into this trouble, so hopefully all is still working for you).
If FGU still has trouble finding the updater, you may have to run the updater straight from the folder, and remove the ending slash from your Application Path in settings for now)