PDA

View Full Version : SFS 2-15: The Infernal Gallery SUN February 9th @ 1.30 PM UTC

stephan_
February 2nd, 2020, 22:14
Tier 1-4, the subtier will depend on the players. Make sure to decide on a reasonable subtier.

Be advised that the last game filled up pretty quickly.

No game (run by me) on the 15th/16th. Probably a high-level game on the 22nd/23rd.

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4 (subtiers 1-2 & 3-4).

When a salvage barge uncovers a mysterious swamp floating in the Drift, they manage to barely escape with their lives and a mysterious painting. Bartering for the painting from a notorious Absalom Station broker, the Starfinder Society sends the PCs to investigate the painting before travelling to the site where it was found. Where did this floating swamp come from and what lies within the ominous structure at its center?

Written by Jessica Catalan

Scenario tags: Starship

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3769), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

duhwoo
February 2nd, 2020, 22:52
Tara wants in on this!

xazil
February 2nd, 2020, 23:21
I'll come along on Vargouzal

mizinamo
February 3rd, 2020, 04:50
I'd like to play with Maya.

Malkavian_Andi
February 3rd, 2020, 11:59
Well, this is filling quickly. I'll join, will decide which character to bring when I get home.

stephan_
February 3rd, 2020, 13:37
Alright, with that five spots filled, one still open.

Be aware this looks like a subtier 3-4 game, so I would not recommend anyone signing up with a level 1.

Malkavian_Andi
February 3rd, 2020, 15:31
Looking at the scenario description and the rest of the party, I'll bring my Morlamaw Mechanic.

stephan_
February 4th, 2020, 22:39
I may unfortunately have to cancel this game (PFS2 game in SAT would however still be scheduled). I'll let you know by tomorrow. I would try to run it again on the 22nd/23rd or the 29th/1st and would give players signed up preference this time (currently no OSP anyway).

My apologies but sometimes things intervene.

mizinamo
February 5th, 2020, 05:52
I would try to run it again on the 22nd/23rd or the 29th/1st
Of those dates, Sunday the 23rd would be best for me. (29th/1st is AdventureCon here in Hamburg.)

(currently no OSP anyway).
What's OSP?

stephan_
February 5th, 2020, 07:57
Online Support Program (https://onlinesupportprogram.com/about.html), which has a strict First Come, First Served policy.

Malkavian_Andi
February 5th, 2020, 16:29
Of those dates, Sunday the 23rd would be best for me. (29th/1st is AdventureCon here in Hamburg.)Same here.
On a side note, anyone who happens to be in or around Hamburg on the weekend 28th feb - 1st mar, please feel free to visit Adventure Con.

stephan_
February 5th, 2020, 22:18
Alright, under these circumstances I can offer two options.

First option would be SAT February 8th @ 1.30 PM UTC.

Second option would be SUN February 23rd @ 1.30 PM UTC .

Malkavian_Andi
February 5th, 2020, 22:30
Alright, under these circumstances I can offer two options.

First option would be SAT February 8th @ 1.30 PM UTC.

Second option would be SUN February 23rd @ 1.30 PM UTC .

Of those, I can only do the 23rd. We'll have the regular game at the game store on the 8th, so 1:30 PM GMT won't work.

mizinamo
February 6th, 2020, 06:37
Of those, I can only do the 23rd. We'll have the regular game at the game store on the 8th, so 1:30 PM GMT won't work.

Same here; I'll be in the same game with Malkavian_Andi at our FLGS on the 8th, so of those two dates, I could also only make the 23rd.

stephan_
February 6th, 2020, 08:25
Alright, with this we'll reschedule to the 23rd, 1.30 PM UTC.

I'll see whether there is enough interest in another scenario on SAT February 8th @ 1.30 PM UTC but can't make any promises due to the rather short notice.

stephan_
February 6th, 2020, 15:04
Short notice but as there was a request: Is anyone interested in a tier 3-6 on SAT February 8th @ 1.30 PM UTC?

Options would be

#1-06: A Night in Nightarch

#1-08: Sanctuary of Drowned Delight

#1-21: Yesteryear's Sorrow

#1-25: The Beacon Code Dilemma

#1-31: Treading History's Folly

#2-02: Waking the Past

jgreishaw
February 6th, 2020, 15:09
Short notice but as there was a request: Is anyone interested in a tier 3-6 on SAT February 8th @ 1.30 PM UTC?

Options would be

#1-06: A Night in Nightarch

#1-08: Sanctuary of Drowned Delight

#1-21: Yesteryear's Sorrow

#1-25: The Beacon Code Dilemma

#1-31: Treading History's Folly

#2-02: Waking the Past

I'm in. I do not have my chronicle history with me, but I will post my preference later

jgreishaw
February 6th, 2020, 15:31
I'm in. I do not have my chronicle history with me, but I will post my preference later

Looks like i did have it. I completed the others with Jason, so my preference would be either #1-21: Yesteryear's Sorrow or #1-25: The Beacon Code Dilemma please

duhwoo
February 6th, 2020, 20:09
I am 'go' for SFS2-15 on February 23rd -- but will be starting a new character, as Tara is about to tier out, making 5th level next time I play her...

I wouldn't mind bumping Tara to 5th level this Saturday, if you run SFS1-21 (I've played most of the others with Otto, so Tara can't do 'em); otherwise Tara will probably level at GenghisCon next week...

xazil
February 6th, 2020, 21:56
I am also good for that time and I don't think I have played any of those scenarios.

jgreishaw
February 7th, 2020, 17:17
Duhwoo & Xazil,

Stephan posted the session here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53681-SFS-1-21-Yesteryear-s-Sorrow-SAT-February-8th-1-30-PM-UTC

stephan_
February 17th, 2020, 15:12
Reminder about the rescheduled game on SUN February 23rd @ 1.30 PM UTC.

No post in the game announcement thread as all spots are currently filled but please try to notify me if you can't make it.

Also currently one level 1 in a party of level 4s.

duhwoo
February 17th, 2020, 23:22
indeed — technomancers are rather squishy...

requesting a check up on my new dude:
https://valhallas.com/AngawilwarinSFS.pdf

looks SFS legal?

stephan_
February 18th, 2020, 12:22
Looks good at first glance.

stephan_
February 19th, 2020, 21:55
Due to various circumstances, I might be able to run a second SFS scenario this weekend.

Current suggestion would be SFS 1-39 The Herald's War (tier 7-10) on SAT 2 PM UTC (maybe also 6.30 UTC) if there is enough interest.

Please let me know whether you could make the timeslot (or the alternative timeslot). If you have already played the suggested scenario (or don't have a character in that tier), let me know and I'll see whether there is any consensus.

No problem if there is no second SFS game (and it will likely be a pretty rare event anyway).

Next SFS game after this weekend probably on the 29th at 6.30 UTC, most likely no game run by me on the 7th/8th (but may still change).

duhwoo
February 20th, 2020, 03:14
Otto Mayshun is go for Saturday! (and then Angawilwarin for Sunday...)

mizinamo
February 20th, 2020, 05:21
I have no character for tier 7-10, and I'll probably be running a game at our FLGS on Saturday. However, only one person has signed up for my table so far, so if I don't get a legal table, one option might be to go home in which case I could play online.

Malkavian_Andi
February 21st, 2020, 15:10
I have already played The Herald's War (great scenario, btw), so could only join if it's in the evening and if I have a character in the level range who has a Jadnura replay available.

stephan_
February 21st, 2020, 17:30
Let me know if you have a character with a replay and I could try to ask to currently signed up players whether they could also make the later date.

Malkavian_Andi
February 21st, 2020, 20:51
Let me know if you have a character with a replay and I could try to ask to currently signed up players whether they could also make the later date.

Don't worry about me. I checked my characters, and I currently don't have any replays available for tier 7-10.

stephan_
February 21st, 2020, 22:03
Alright.

If anyone has not played 2-01 yet, please let me know by the way. Currently two players have expressed interest in it but I know quite a lot have already played it.

As posted in the other thread, most likely #2-17: Cost of Living (3-6) on SAT February 29th around 6.30 PM UTC next (assuming it will be released in time). Not sure yet whether I can run anything the week after.

Malkavian_Andi
February 23rd, 2020, 11:37
Going back to the topic of today's game, as there are a lot of Mechanics signed up, I might switch to a different character. I'll have a look if I have a character who can fill any missing roles.

stephan_
February 23rd, 2020, 13:10
Alright.

The server should be up.

stephan_
February 23rd, 2020, 22:54
Chronicle drafts sent.