PDA

View Full Version : LMoP Castle Cragmaw - Players can't move tokens

kirklandone
February 2nd, 2020, 17:24
FG Gurus,

I have a problem when running my Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign. On the Castle Cragmaw map, once I drop the tokens onto the map, my players cannot move them. They only get distance measurements.

So far, it seems to only be this map. We have not had problems with Cragmaw Hideout or Thundertree or a map I added for the Goblin Ambush.

Hunting through the internet everyone suggests that is is a Layer problem, but I am not seeing any controls for moving from one layer to another.

Even now, running two sessions on my PC, I cannot move the tokens with a Player, but I can as GM.

Is there a way to "reset" this map? Unload the module, reload it?

Thanks
Kirklandone

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2020, 17:33
The token movement is locked. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens#Movement

Either unlock the token movement, or accept the PC moves that are appearing.

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2020, 17:36
I'm not seeing any issues and if there were issues with one map there would be issues with them all I think.

There are no layers in FG unless you are using any of the extensions that add layers or you are using Unity. If you can confirm that you aren't using either a layers extension or Unity then that isn't the cause.

The most likely explanation is that you have locked the tokens for the Cragmaw Castle map but not for the others. On any token on Gragmaw right click and select unlock tokens. With tokens locked the players will only get a distance marker and you (the DM) have to approve the move by middle mouse clicking over the token.

kirklandone
February 2nd, 2020, 17:38
I may have found my problem. Looks like as GM I accidentally LOCKED Token Movement. Unlocking it seems to fix the issue on my localhost test.

Thanks Trenloe and Zacchaeus for the quick replies.