PDA

View Full Version : LFG - DND 5E - Looking to join a group with love for roleplaying

Vhah
January 30th, 2020, 17:13
Been unable to get into a group without it being majorly murder-hobo focused, and I don't enjoy games that are all about moving from one encounter to the next so... Reaching out here.

I love to roleplay, and I put plot over mechanics even if it means my sheets or builds aren't the BEST. I enjoy bouncing around races. I enjoy writing backstories and putting out stories over just amassing a kill count. I like to bounce around source material and what I play so I never stick to one type of character. I lean towards ongoing games over one shots, and don't mind games that include homebrew.

I am CST, but open to play at all hours currently. No preference on day of the week.

thc1967
January 31st, 2020, 15:33
Just curious, how do you reconcile enjoying bouncing around races, writing back-stories, and never sticking to one type of character with leaning towards ongoing games?

Are you constantly dying and re-rolling or something?

DealBreaker
February 1st, 2020, 03:10
Reads quite clearly to me as playing one character and diving deeply in them for a campaign but in subsequent campaigns playing a character that is completely different in terms of race/class/background/personality from previous characters. This is in contrast to the players that essentially just re-skin a character from game to game going from 'steve the wizard with a pointy hat' to 'steven the wizards with flowing robes' to 'stephen the magic guy with a book'.

Vhah
February 1st, 2020, 07:34
Dealbreaker gets it. I don’t play the same character every game. I’m always finding a new mix to play.