PDA

View Full Version : Having to step back...

Art Wendorf
January 26th, 2020, 17:00
Unforeseen family issues/emergencies (my parents are getting on in years and recent events (falls, car accident, etc.) have highlighted to my brothers and me that we need to be more available and more hands-on with their care, etc.
As such, I will be stepping away from all public forums, bulletin boards, discords, twitches, etc. for the foreseeable future.

I want to thank everyone who invited me to partake in their games, discussions and generally listened (read) my meanderings.

I hope to be back and active within the next six months but …

The Progenitors must come first!

Cheers.
Art

Trenloe
January 26th, 2020, 17:06
Sorry to hear that family issues are taking over (in a not so good way). But good that you and your brothers can be there for them.

Good luck with it all and hope they'll be comfortable for years to come. Hope you have more time to enjoy your hobbies in the future.

Zacchaeus
January 26th, 2020, 17:13
What Trenloe said.

Kelrugem
January 26th, 2020, 17:35
What they said :)

I hope everything gets well soon for you and your family again :)

JohnD
January 26th, 2020, 18:18
Art, good for you and your siblings for taking the needs of your older family members into account.

I'm in a similar position myself with 2 aunts and both parents all between the ages of 84 and 86 give or take a few months.

Much respect for your decision ... they looked after us when we needed it and helping them in turn is a solid and noble responsibility I feel.

damned
January 26th, 2020, 23:17
Good luck with all matters. Hopefully you will be able to rebalance again in a few months.