PDA

View Full Version : MK Syrinscape Sound Links module

mattekure
January 25th, 2020, 21:30
This extension and associated module make it easy to trigger Syrinscape sounds from within Fantasy Grounds. This extension is compatible with both the Syrinscape Online and Genre players (Fantasy & Sci-Fi).

The Fantasy Grounds module containing the sounds is not included with the automated download as it will be unique to each user. The sound link module is created by converting a CSV file which is provided by Syrinscape. There are two options to generate your sound links module, a web service and an offline conversion utility.
Web Service: https://mattekure.com/Syrin2FG/ This method can take a bit of time as it depends on the size of your CSV, your upload speed, the web server load, and download speeds.
Offline Utility: https://github.com/mattekure/SyrinCSV2FG/releases Source code and executables are available here. Please note, some Anti-Virus applications have wrongly flagged this file as potentially harmful. If you have any concerns, please use the Web service instead.

Using either of these methods will produce a unique, fully up to date syrinscape sound links module including any custom sounds you may create using the online soundset creator. These will not however, create links for any sounds created directly in the fantasy or sci-fi clients as those are not reported to Syrinscape and not included in your CSV file.

This extension and an optional sound triggers module are now available on the Forge
Syrinscape Sounds
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/117/view
Chat Triggers Module (contains nearly 800 premade chat triggers)
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/118/view

With the mandatory move from DMsGuild to the Smiteworks Forge, the Classic version is no longer available for purchase. If you have previously purchased, updates will still be available on DMsGuild, but all future purchases will be on the Forge for Unity.

Linux and Mac users
With the release of v23, a separate URL application is no longer necessary if using Syrinscape Online. Fantasy Grounds v4.20 introduced a new function which allows the links to work directly with the Syrinscape web API. The below links are only for users using the old Classic version.

FG Classic Only
Currently the Syrinscape Players for Linux and Mac do not have the ability to handle syrinscape links properly. Some members of the community have created some workarounds detailed below.
MAC Users Mac Syrinscape Bridge for Syrinscape Online. https://github.com/Moroverse/syrinscape_bridge/releases
Linux Users - Syrinscape Online Linux URI Handler for Syrinscape Online (tested only on Ubuntu) https://github.com/mattekure/Syrinscape-Online-URI-Handler/releases
Linux Users - Fantasy or Sci-fi Linux URI Handler for Syrinscape Fantasy & Sci-fi Players https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/linux-uri-handling/10030/28

Youtube Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcdYC2zo9JB8dy1nNj8jWMgtP5kkUPFV-

Features:

Access to all sounds included in your Syrinscape subscription, including any made in the online soundset creator
Begin Playback or Stop syrinscape sounds
Sound records can be linked in story entries to make soundboards
Play and Stop buttons can be dragged to form links which immediately begin playback or stop the sound.
Chat triggers can be defined to automatically begin playback of sounds based on text appearing in chat.
Chat triggers can include or exclude the name of the PC/NPC in the pattern matching
Chat triggers can be set to trigger on hidden messages, or restricted to only messages visible to players.
Syrinscape Online global volume and global oneshot volume can now be controlled within FG
Volume controls are now draggable and linkable

v24 adds a new slash command.
/syrindebug [on|off] - turning on syrin debug will output a message to chat for each sound played, and each trigger matched.

Chat Trigger instructions video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6GNCO7Mtlk

An awesome community member has release a new utility to help with making chat triggers. Check it out. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69901-Utility-SoundTrig-for-Chat-Triggers

mattekure
January 25th, 2020, 21:30
Sound Module Generation
The Fantasy Grounds module containing the sounds is not included with the automated download as it will be unique to each user. The sound link module is created by converting a CSV file which is provided by Syrinscape. There are two options to generate your sound links module, a web service and an offline conversion utility.
Web Service: https://mattekure.com/Syrin2FG/ This method can take a bit of time as it depends on the size of your CSV, your upload speed, the web server load, and download speeds.
Offline Utility: https://github.com/mattekure/SyrinCSV2FG/releases Source code and executables are available here. Please note, some Anti-Virus applications have wrongly flagged this file as potentially harmful. If you have any concerns, please use the Web service instead.

Ulric
January 25th, 2020, 22:18
I purchased your mod and read the readme.txt. I put it in the correct folder and loaded a Starfinder campaign and loaded the module in my library. Syrinscape is running and I can hear sounds when I activate them in Syrinscape but not in FGC. I am running on a Mac using the FGC WINE install. Was this mod tested for this type of install?

mattekure
January 25th, 2020, 22:23
I have tested in Starfinder, and they work. But I have no ability to test with a Mac. I suspect there is an issue between WINE and the syrinscape protocol handlers, but I have no way to test.

mattekure
January 25th, 2020, 22:42
I purchased your mod and read the readme.txt. I put it in the correct folder and loaded a Starfinder campaign and loaded the module in my library. Syrinscape is running and I can hear sounds when I activate them in Syrinscape but not in FGC. I am running on a Mac using the FGC WINE install. Was this mod tested for this type of install?

DMGuild is also pretty good about allowing returns if you cant get it to work, just contact their support and explain that the module is incompatible with your setup.

dmbrown
January 25th, 2020, 22:45
If this is similar to dulux’s solution then it won’t work on a Mac without a little work around. Below is a link to a write up I did on how to get FG and Syrinscape to work on a Mac through Wine using Dulux’s extension. The only problem is I never found a way to patch the audio through Wine into Discord for example. Maybe when the online player version is available it will work better with Macs as it should allow for links to web addresses.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48709-How-to-Use-DOE-Sound-Extension-to-trigger-Sounds-in-Syrinscape-on-a-Mac

mattekure
January 25th, 2020, 23:09
I believe the underlying method of triggering the URL works the same way that dulux's did. Its an Instance.openWindow() call which triggers it. So it would suffer from the same limitations with Mac, WINE, and those complicated setups.

Ulric
January 26th, 2020, 00:19
DMGuild is also pretty good about allowing returns if you cant get it to work, just contact their support and explain that the module is incompatible with your setup.

I also have windows computers but I like Macs! :) No need for a refund but thanks for the suggestion. I will tinker with it and try to install Syrinscape in WINE with FGC.

Hector Trelane
January 26th, 2020, 00:39
Thanks for the prompt and timely responsiveness mattekure.

Just got this extension, and I'm excited to make use of it. I'm using mostly MoreCore and so have been underutilizing Syrinscape up to now. This is a good use of $--offload lots of link management to a paid mod such as this.

dmbrown
January 26th, 2020, 01:25
I think it might work in FGC on the Mac with the online player when you have that ready, as that is using web urls and I believe the Mac OS will allow that.

mattekure
January 26th, 2020, 01:32
I hope so. I just had my first successful test of triggering a sound via Syrinscape Online using an extension. Lots more to do before its ready for release, but at least I know the concept works. and as long as the syrinscape online player for mac works in the same manner. Its possible to trigger Syrinscape Online sounds via the https web url's, but when you do so, it creates a new tab in your browser. The most recent update of the online client has a protocol listener for syrinscape-online:// These urls trigger into the Syrinscape Online app which is installed and create no new browser windows or tabs.

Ulric
January 26th, 2020, 02:57
If this is similar to dulux’s solution then it won’t work on a Mac without a little work around. Below is a link to a write up I did on how to get FG and Syrinscape to work on a Mac through Wine using Dulux’s extension. The only problem is I never found a way to patch the audio through Wine into Discord for example. Maybe when the online player version is available it will work better with Macs as it should allow for links to web addresses.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48709-How-to-Use-DOE-Sound-Extension-to-trigger-Sounds-in-Syrinscape-on-a-Mac

This worked for me on my Mac! Thanks for the Link!

mattekure
January 26th, 2020, 02:58
awesome! glad to hear it.

Kelrugem
January 26th, 2020, 03:02
Thank you very much! :) I am also really looking forward to the online player, I never used the online player since one couldn't trigger it in FG and I thought this is not possible (there were some discussions about that) such that I really am interested to see how that got solved :)

mattekure
January 26th, 2020, 03:08
Thank you very much! :) I am also really looking forward to the online player, I never used the online player since one couldn't trigger it in FG and I thought this is not possible (there were some discussions about that) such that I really am interested to see how that got solved :)

Smoke and mirrors with lots of duct tape ;)

Kelrugem
January 26th, 2020, 03:09
Smoke and mirrors with lots of duct tape ��

Ah, right, that makes completely sense :D

Beemanpat
January 26th, 2020, 14:06
Will this trigger sounds from the chat window? If doesn't do you plan to try to add that feature?

mattekure
January 26th, 2020, 14:08
This will not currently trigger sounds from the chat window. It is something I am working on after I get the Syrinscape Online extension working.

Beemanpat
January 26th, 2020, 14:32
This will not currently trigger sounds from the chat window. It is something I am working on after I get the Syrinscape Online extension working.

Ok very cool. Already bought it. Just was checking. Thanks

vvZODvv
January 26th, 2020, 16:45
I'm testing the module out this morning (I use the MoreCore ruleset) and it is stupendous! Thanks for saving me time - a very valuable commodity these days!

I'll second that sounds auto-triggering from the chat window would be icing on the cake.

Beemanpat
January 26th, 2020, 16:59
So don't know if this right place to ask.....but just upgraded to SuperSyrin and downloaded the Syrinscape Online Player. Will the online player remove the need for Voicemeter Banana or Potato. Has anyone messed with this yet? Oh and I have been checking out the Syrinscape Sound Links Module...it's awesome.
I need to go leave a review on DMsGuild.

Gwydion
January 26th, 2020, 17:05
Hey Beemanpat. It can. If you use the online player your players can connect and get sound directly from syrinscape without needing voicemeeter. If you use other sound sources then you would still need voicemeeter.

Beemanpat
January 26th, 2020, 17:13
Hey Beemanpat. It can. If you use the online player your players can connect and get sound directly from syrinscape without needing voicemeeter. If you use other sound sources then you would still need voicemeeter.

That's awesome. I only use it currently so far so this is a relief. Thank so much Gwydion for spending all that time with me getting voicemeter working.

Beemanpat
January 26th, 2020, 17:21
deleted......it was a duplicate

Gwydion
January 26th, 2020, 17:24
That's awesome. I only use it currently so far so this is a relief. Thank so much Gwydion for spending all that time with me getting voicemeter working.

No problem at all. Only caveat is I think your players will need at least a demo license (free) for syrinscape. I haven't messed around a lot yet with the online player since I use other sound sources and still put things through voicemeeter.

Levryl
January 27th, 2020, 04:22
Great work Mattekure, can you confirm that using the online player links the Django window does not pop up?

mattekure
January 27th, 2020, 04:30
Great work Mattekure, can you confirm that using the online player links the Django window does not pop up?

In my current test, I can confirm the Django window does not pop up. But that does require that the Syrinscape Online Player be installed on the PC. The reason I can trigger SO links without popping up a new window is because the SO player registers a protocol handler with your OS to handle it.

mattekure
January 27th, 2020, 23:14
I just finished my first round of testing on the completed Syrinscape Online extension and module so that you can use it instead of the classic Syrinscape clients. If my beta testers confirm everything works as expected, expect an update on DMG that will include it.

Beemanpat
January 27th, 2020, 23:35
Looking forward to it. Great work.

mattekure
January 28th, 2020, 03:35
For any who have purchased my sound links module, It has just been updated on DMG and now includes a new Extension and Module for triggering sounds in the Syrinscape Online player. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301496/Fantasy-Grounds-Syrinscape-Sound-Links?affiliate_id=712946

The original mod file that links to the Syrinscape Fantasy and Sci-Fi players is also still included if you want to use the legacy apps. As long as the module is in the correct folder, when you load the extension it will automatically load the Syrinscape Online module for you. There are a few steps, so please read the instructions.

Hector Trelane
January 28th, 2020, 03:40
Very nice. Great to have both options

Beemanpat
January 28th, 2020, 05:29
Man that is awesome. Just did the update....you nailed it. Great work.

Morhion
January 28th, 2020, 13:16
how does this differ from the DOE sound extension ?

mattekure
January 28th, 2020, 13:23
how does this differ from the DOE sound extension ?

Both this module/extension and the DOE extension are intended to trigger sounds. With the authors recent decision to remove access to the DOE extensions, I decided I would try and implement an alternate solution. The DOE extension has many capabilities that this module and extension do not currently have. However, this extension and module does make it possible to trigger the Syrinscape Online player from within FG. I have made every effort to make this simple to use. All of the soundlinks are created as clickable links contained within story entries.

I already have a number of features in mind going forward. As stated in the original post, once purchased, all future updates to the extension or modules will be free.

Levryl
February 1st, 2020, 15:47
Mattekure as other have stated so far Great Job. One small question/request. Syrinscape allows for multiple log ins to the master interface so as to let several people trigger sounds. I noticed if I share the module with the players they can load it up and the sounds show in their story tab. Is there any plans to allow for players to activate sounds from there end? Also if this was to be a feature could there be a way to present them with a limited story entry containing only the sounds the DM wishes them to have access too?

mattekure
February 1st, 2020, 16:33
Mattekure as other have stated so far Great Job. One small question/request. Syrinscape allows for multiple log ins to the master interface so as to let several people trigger sounds. I noticed if I share the module with the players they can load it up and the sounds show in their story tab. Is there any plans to allow for players to activate sounds from there end? Also if this was to be a feature could there be a way to present them with a limited story entry containing only the sounds the DM wishes them to have access too?

Thank you. Having a player trigger a sound is possible with the current extension, but you do not want to share the module with your players. When you share a module with the players, they get the base soundlinks without the DM's auth code, so they will not be able to play. To allow a player to play a sound, make sure you register your auth code first, then create a story entry or note and copy the sound link to it (not the soundset story entry). The links you create on the story/note will contain the correct auth code. Once you finish adding all the sounds you want your player to have access to, you can share that story/note with the players. They will be able to click them and play them into your game.

Levryl
February 1st, 2020, 16:44
Perfect. I am sorry if that was intuitive to others but I was just not seeing it. This is a very impressive Module/Extension. You have made me very happy and my players will be on cloud 9.

mattekure
February 1st, 2020, 17:18
Not at all. I actually just tested this functionality out this morning, so I had a ready answer.

mattekure
February 3rd, 2020, 12:22
An update was pushed to DM Guild last night. Be sure to go and download them. A couple of minor changes.

Extension Changes
The Syrisncape Online Authentication Token is now stored in the Global Registry, so you ony have to register it once per computer. You no longer have to enter it for each campaign. Also, if you have already registered your token, it will appear in the box.
Added an entry to the Options list to toggle auto-loading of the Sound module.
Separated the functionalty for Preparing Soundlinks into its own button.

Syrinscape Online module updated to latest, including the new community created wizard and cleric spells list.

I will be pushing another module only update for both the Syrinscape Online module and the Classic module in the next day or so based on suggestions from the Syrinscape devs.

Dax Doomslayer
February 3rd, 2020, 17:01
Matt,
Thanks to you (and Celestian) so much for picking this up. Is there plans to have this work with FGU (if it doesn't already)? Your work here is greatly appreciated!

mattekure
February 3rd, 2020, 18:38
Matt,
Thanks to you (and Celestian) so much for picking this up. Is there plans to have this work with FGU (if it doesn't already)? Your work here is greatly appreciated!

My stuff is currently working fine in Unity. There is always the possibility that will change as they change code, but for right now it works great.

Dax Doomslayer
February 3rd, 2020, 19:34
That's good to know. Though part of the Kickstarter, I haven't done anything with Unity other than download it and doing updates to keep it current. So, at least I'll still have sound once I go there!

mattekure
February 3rd, 2020, 20:41
A minor module update was just pushed to DMG with the fixes that the Syrinscape folks requested.

mattekure
February 6th, 2020, 16:54
A MAJOR update was just pushed to DM Guild. This update adds a bunch of new features and changes how the data is stored.

To Update: Please remove the old extension and modules and copy the new files in. Enable the extension on your campaign.

I made a video showing how to use the new version. Check it out for a nice overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8oV9J-osdU

Notable Changes
* Soundlinks are no longer stored as Story Entries. All sounds are now their own data record.
* New Banner. All of the sounds are now stored in the Syrinscape Sounds data banner. You can enable it from the Library window.
* New Module. There is now only 1 module. The module has both the Syrinscape Online and Syrinscape Genre player soundlinks.
* Option to toggle Syrinscape Online or Syrinscape Genre players (Fantasy or Sci-Fi)
* Play/Stop links. Each sound has new play/stop buttons. These buttons can be dragged to a story entry to make a clickable link to start the sound.
* Auth Token stored only once per machine. The Auth token is now stored in a way that you only have to do it once per machine. Once done, it will be available and used in every campaign run from that machine. If your auth token changes, you can just store it again.

FG Unity Note: This extension and module are compatible with Unity. However, I have noticed that the first time you try to open the Syrinscape Sounds window, it takes Unity a long time to process the data. I thought it crashed at first, but it did take a couple of minutes. I am hoping that this performance issue will be resolved as it does not have this behavior in FG Classic.

Hector Trelane
February 6th, 2020, 17:00
Thanks for the continued improvements. Will check this out soon!

Beemanpat
February 7th, 2020, 10:57
Awesome work. I've yet to use this in play.......scheduling issues the bane of all dnd groups. I'm so excited to try it though. I'm really looking forward to the chat triggers. Great work.

mattekure
February 7th, 2020, 12:26
Awesome work. I've yet to use this in play.......scheduling issues the bane of all dnd groups. I'm so excited to try it though. I'm really looking forward to the chat triggers. Great work.

Thanks. When you do get a chance to use it, I'd love to hear how it went.

Triggers are my next big addition. I've got the CSV import process working and I'll spend some time debugging it a bit more before release. But it does pick up any new sounds that were released since the module was made, and it picks up any sounds you create yourself in the Syrinscape Soundset Creator.

mattekure
February 7th, 2020, 12:35
General call for artists. For this extension I was able to make the green Syrinscape Sounds button, but only because I already had a template to work from. Even that stretched my artistic abilities. ;) I know that the color may clash with some themes. If anyone would like to make button images for a theme, I'm happy to see about including it. For each theme, I would need 2 images, one to represent the normal look, and one to represent what it looks like when the mouse is clicked on the button.

mattekure
February 13th, 2020, 15:16
Update v1.2 is being pushed today.

Added a CSV import option that allows you to add any sounds that have been released since the module was last updated, and allows you to import any sounds that you create using the Syrinscape Soundset creator interface. Look for the update on DMsGuild.

CSV Import instructions video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw0hbxNOVSs

mattekure
February 16th, 2020, 17:33
Version 1.3 is being pushed today. It adds a new option to trigger sounds using the Syrinscape Online HTTPS links. In general when using Syrinscape Online, its better to use the Syrinscape Online player and not the HTTPS option, but if you are unable to get the player to work (such as previously discussed difficulties on Macs), then this may work. The major downside to this is that it will open in your browser, and every sound you trigger will open a new tab. Once opened, they can immediately be closed and the sound will trigger.

Beemanpat
February 17th, 2020, 18:30
I havent ran a game with this yet. But I have tested it with a player for a short minute just a check on functions. Its works great. Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to chat triggers feature in the future. Thanks again great work.

mattekure
February 17th, 2020, 20:17
Thanks. I got chat triggers working this afternoon. I expect a release to be ready later this week as I still want to test some things and get it ready for release. But everything seems to be working great. I am working with Rob2e and already have a functioning trigger module with 95% of his old Sounds module for the DOE extension. Some of them need to be updated, but the vast majority are working great.

Beemanpat
February 17th, 2020, 20:29
That's some awesome news. So looking forward to it and so are my players. Thank you so much.

mattekure
February 18th, 2020, 19:42
v1.4 being released later today. Now includes Chat Triggers!!!!!!

On a related note, Rob will also be releasing a module containing all the chat triggers from his previous sounds product, but re-engineered to work with mine. So keep an eye out for that too.

Beemanpat
February 18th, 2020, 19:45
This is the best news I've had all day. And boy did I need some. Thanks cant wait to try. Great work.

mattekure
February 19th, 2020, 02:19
v1.4 of the extension is now available. If you have already purchased it, the download should be available. This version adds the capability to trigger sounds via chat triggers.

In addition, Rob and I have released a module with premade sound triggers designed for 5e. This optional module requires the Syrinscape Sounds Extension and Sound Links module to work. It provides over 400 premade triggers for 5e actions, spells, attacks, and more. That module is available here: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/303885/?affiliate_id=712946

dmbrown
February 19th, 2020, 04:26
I just got your product from the DM’s Guild and thanks for putting in this option, while not the ideal setup at least now I can trigger sounds on FG on my Mac.

Beemanpat
February 19th, 2020, 13:15
I'm a bit of a dummy so could you clarify. The chat triggers work with the syrinscape online player, correct?

mattekure
February 19th, 2020, 13:16
Yes, it works with any of the sounds and both the Syrinscape Online & Genre players. The triggers are just a way to automatically play a sound based on text that appears in the chat.

mattekure
February 19th, 2020, 14:32
FG, Syrinscape & Macs

I am posting this in both Celestian's AudioOverseer thread and my own MK Syrinscape Sounds extension thread to help people understand a bit about why using either of these extensions may not work as you expect on a Mac. It may be a bit technical at points.

Fundamentally, both extensions (and the previous DOE Sound extension) trigger links using the same functionality within Fantasy Grounds. ie. we all trigger sounds the same way. So if it works for one extension, it will typically work for any of them. Links triggered in FG are passed to the Operating System to figure out how to handle.

How Syrinscape handles sound triggers:
Both the Syrinscape Online player and the older Fantasy & Sci-Fi players are designed to listen for sound triggers using custom protocols. Syrinscape Online listens for links triggered using the syrinscape-online: protocol, the Fantasy and Sci-Fi players listen for syrinscape-fantasy: and syrinscape-scifi: protocols. When you install a syrinscape player, the software registers its protocol with the Operating System. Basically, it tells your OS "if you see something with this protocol, send it to me". If the software receives a trigger from the OS, it attempts to play the sound in the link.

Difficulties with Macs:
The difficulties experienced by Mac users stems from a combination of factors.

FGC does not currently have a native Mac client. FGU will resolve this.
Due to FGC not having a native Mac client, in order to run FGC on a Mac, you have to use some form of emulation technology such as Parallels or Wine.
Most emulation technology including Wine & Parallels do not handle protocol handoffs perfectly between the emulation and the native Mac OS.

So the normal triggering chain would go somthing like this:
User triggers a sound->FG sends that link to OS->OS hands it to Syrinscape->Syrinscape plays sound.
On a Mac this communication breaks down as the emulator doesnt pass the triggered protocol to the base Mac OS perfectly or maybe not at all. So if you have a native Syrinscape mac client installed on your Mac, it is never receiving the triggers.

There are a couple of threads that discuss getting it working on a mac. From my understanding, it mostly involves installing and running both syrinscape player and Fantasy grounds in Wine/Parallels so that they can communicate with each other, rather than passing the links onto the base Mac OS.
FG Unity: FGU will have a native mac client which should resolve these issues. With a Syrinscape player mac client, and an FGU mac client, they should be able to communicate without issue.

Nemesismmx
February 19th, 2020, 18:42
FG, Syrinscape & Macs
FG Unity: FGU will have a native mac client which should resolve these issues. With a Syrinscape player mac client, and an FGU mac client, they should be able to communicate without issue.

Hi,
I just want to inform you that unfortunately even on FGU this is not working well. To my understanding this is not FGU fault, but rather Syrinscape problem. Syrinscape Online Player just doesn't handle URLs properly. Therefore, I wrote my own small app that properly handles calls from FGU and sends https requests to Syrinscape.

I will post it here for everyone that needs it:

Keep in mind that this is not compiled for distribution, and recent macOS versions may refuse to run it. In order to open app you may need to disable Gatekeeper. More on this topic can be found there:https://www.phonetransfer.org/disable-gatekeeper.html

Run the app once in order to register itself with URL scheme.
Just to clarify again, this will work for FGU only. As you explained, FGC on mac is emulated and URL handling is not working at all.

Cheers

mattekure
February 19th, 2020, 18:45
thanks for posting that. Hope some users find it helpful.

mattekure
February 19th, 2020, 18:46
I received reports this morning that the extension was causing some issues with the Savageworlds ruleset. I am looking into whats causing it. The observed behavior is that exploding dice do not trigger and some rolls that should be grouped are each listed on their own line. Like 2d6 becomes 1d6 and 1d6 on separate lines.

dmbrown
February 20th, 2020, 03:09
Nemesismmx, thanks for posting this, but do you have a version that works with older versions of the MacOS, specifically 10.13?

Nemesismmx
February 20th, 2020, 05:02
Hey,
Sorry, I didn't realise that I made a build only for 10.15. Here is the one that is built for 10.12 and above. I cannot test it, so if it is not working please tell me:

mattekure
February 20th, 2020, 18:35
v1.5 is being released today. Its a minor fix for the SavageWorlds ruleset. The new chat trigger functionality was interfering with some of the dice rolls in the chat causing exploding dice to not work.

dmbrown
February 21st, 2020, 04:18
It worked! Thanks. Any Mac user just hold down the control key and click on the app and choose open from the menu. Once you do this once it should open normally by double clicking on it.

Graylock
February 21st, 2020, 04:28
Hmm, I'm playing with FGU tonight and will check this out....Thanks all!

Graylock
February 21st, 2020, 04:58
Yup, worked like a charm. Great work, nemesismmx!

Beemanpat
February 22nd, 2020, 19:26
Mattekure just tried the chat triggered sounds. It works great. But I do have a question. If I build on or change some of the sounds that are triggered and you do update will I loose what I have done? What is best way to conserve the changes and keep current on your updates? Sorry i am a novice here. Thank you for your work and thank you for your time in advance for answering this.

mattekure
February 22nd, 2020, 22:24
You can build your own triggers without risk of changes. also, if you modify one of the module triggers or sounds, installing the updated module wont overwrite your changes. It will only reset to default if you go into the library and use the "Revert Changes" option. Then the module triggers (not any custom ones you make) will be reset to their default. If you have one you want to be sure doesnt get changed, you can always make a copy of it, and tweak it. Then you can erase the trigger from the module copy so you dont have both triggering.

Beemanpat
February 22nd, 2020, 22:54
Ok thanks. Good to know.

Graylock
February 25th, 2020, 14:29
Hey all. Quick question. If a player is given access to this mod can they control and play all sounds or must it be done only by the host (DM)?

mattekure
February 25th, 2020, 14:47
Hey all. Quick question. If a player is given access to this mod can they control and play all sounds or must it be done only by the host (DM)?

Players dont need access to the module in order to play sounds, but it does require that the DM set up the sound links for them. What I will do as DM is to create a Story entry for my player to act as a soundboard. the DM will find the sounds they want the player to have access to, and drag the green Play button(s) to the story entry. that will create a clickable link that will immediately start playing the sound. Then you can share that story entry with the player.

I am working on a feature to allow players to access the module and play sounds using the DM's auth code, but its not complete yet.

colomal
March 1st, 2020, 04:09
What do my players need to do to hear sounds? It installed for me and I can hear sound, but my player characters can't.

Beemanpat
March 1st, 2020, 04:10
Do you have a supersyrin account? Are you using the online player?

colomal
March 1st, 2020, 04:14
Yes, I have an online player and I am a supersyrin subscriber

Beemanpat
March 1st, 2020, 04:23
Yes, I have an online player and I am a supersyrin subscriber

Ok if your planning to use the SyrinOnline player. Your players will need to download the online player too. https://www.syrinscape.com/online/
Basically they download and connect they're device. You send them a link via email or a messenger. They use the link to connect to your player. After the initial connect you shouldn't have to send them another link later.

P.S. I'm on my phone let me know if I confused things with the explanation.

colomal
March 1st, 2020, 04:26
Thanks. This give me a lead to work on. I will just need to figure out how to send them a link. I am assuming it is from the online player.

**Edited Note** The link you send was helpful. I just need to wait for my brother to get off work ;) Thanks for the help.

Beemanpat
March 1st, 2020, 04:30
Thanks. This give me a lead to work on. I will just need to figure out how to send them a link. I am assuming it is from the online player.

Yes follow the link in my earlier post and there is a short video it should explain things more clearly. If you still have questions please ask. I am still learning how it works too. But have used it a couple times.

EdMurray
March 3rd, 2020, 18:23
I set everything up as far as I know but when ever I try to trigger the sounds this pops up and doesn't play so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

Also do I need to you Bannana speakers with this one too with the AB connectors like we did with DOE

mattekure
March 3rd, 2020, 18:27
I set everything up as far as I know but when ever I try to trigger the sounds this pops up and doesn't play so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

Also do I need to you Bannana speakers with this one too with the AB connectors like we did with DOE

Are you using the Syrinscape Online or Fantasy/Sci-Fi players? That message indicates that your OS doesnt know what to do with the triggered sound link which usually implies that the application is not installed or something is wrong with the installation.

If you are going to use syrinscape online (recommended), make sure you download their player from https://www.syrinscape.com/online/ and install it. then launch the player so it is running. Then when sounds are triggered, they should be picked up by the player.

If you are using syrinscape online, you do not need to use banana or the audio connectors. Instead, each player will download the same syrinscape online player and run it using their syrinscape account. They dont need a paid subscription, just the free account is fine. As GM you invite them to your sound game via a link on the syrinscape control panel, then they will hear sounds you trigger.

EdMurray
March 3rd, 2020, 20:47
yea shows its connected and downloaded I can connect other players to it fine just to the sound synrinscape player we had stopped using it cause it tends to stall out but trying to play sounds from Fantasy Grounds doesn't seem to work. I gets that other pop up.

Picture just to show it is connecting

this was interesting, When I turned options to SO Browser it played though it popped up a browser when it did it.

Will try to uninstall and reinstall next

EdMurray
March 3rd, 2020, 21:11
Ok seems to work after reinstalling the program, I'm thinking since Syrinscape must have had an update but didn't get pushed through or something

mattekure
March 3rd, 2020, 21:13
yeah, the browser option uses an https link which will default to opening in whatever browser you use. The normal syrinscape online link uses the syrinscape-online:// protocol for links which is supposed to be picked up by that application. However, if its giving that popup, then for some reason the app isnt getting or responding to the trigger. If it continues to not work after a full reinstall of the online player, I'd suggest sending the syrinscape team an email for support as all of that handling is outside of FG and beyond my expertise.

EDIT* Excellent, glad to hear you got it working.

Beemanpat
March 7th, 2020, 12:53
Ok Mattekure, got run my first game a few days ago with chat triggers using syrinscape online. It worked great. I plan to make custom chat triggers. I also plan to make my own sounds and will attempt import csv following your instructions via video in post #49. Wish me luck and thank you for all the great work everyone enjoyed the sound fx.

mattekure
March 7th, 2020, 16:36
Ok Mattekure, got run my first game a few days ago with chat triggers using syrinscape online. It worked great. I plan to make custom chat triggers. I also plan to make my own sounds and will attempt import csv following your instructions via video in post #49. Wish me luck and thank you for all the great work everyone enjoyed the sound fx.

Excellent. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

EdMurray
March 8th, 2020, 06:19
Curious I got the module that supposedly had 400 Chat triggers but found there was no working triggers not sure if you know anything about the module if it should or shouldn't have triggers of I I have to create all of them myself?

Beemanpat
March 8th, 2020, 10:52
Do have just the module with triggers or do you have the syrinscape sound link module also. You need both if you dont.

Edit: Ok my mistake read further up that you do have the syrinscape sound link module and extension. Hmmm I'm not sure what's going on there.

mattekure
March 8th, 2020, 14:00
Curious I got the module that supposedly had 400 Chat triggers but found there was no working triggers not sure if you know anything about the module if it should or shouldn't have triggers of I I have to create all of them myself?

what ruleset are you testing in? What text in chat are you wanting to trigger on?

The triggers module is designed for 5e, if you are using another ruleset, there may not be triggers setup for it. The triggers module also requires that the extension be loaded, the sound links module be loaded, and syrinscape be running. You should be able to manually click on sound links in FG and have them play. If that doesnt work, then the triggers wont fire.

Beemanpat
March 12th, 2020, 09:10
I'm probably over thinking this. So I do the CSV updates when I'm in my primary campaign that I'm running. Do I have to repeat the CSV update in my secondary campaign that I'm running. Or do I start a campaign called MK Syrinscape Sound Links do the CSV update and /export. I'm not sure what is the correct way.

mattekure
March 12th, 2020, 12:31
I'm probably over thinking this. So I do the CSV updates when I'm in my primary campaign that I'm running. Do I have to repeat the CSV update in my secondary campaign that I'm running. Or do I start a campaign called MK Syrinscape Sound Links do the CSV update and /export. I'm not sure what is the correct way.

Just repeat the CSV import in each campaign. Sound records are not exportable (chat triggers for sounds ARE exportable however).

rgk13
March 13th, 2020, 21:06
Hi Mattekure, I just purchased and install the sound link and chat triggers. I'm a Syrinscape Sci-Fi subscriber and all works perfectly exept the chat triggers. For some reason when I do an attack and the words are showing in the chat window, no sounds come out. But when I write it directly in the chat window the sounds are playing OK...Also The sounds just keeps playing over and over. I have to manually stop them. Can you help?

msbranin
March 13th, 2020, 22:22
Hi Mattekure, I just purchased and install the sound link and chat triggers. I'm a Syrinscape Sci-Fi subscriber and all works perfectly exept the chat triggers. For some reason when I do an attack and the words are showing in the chat window, no sounds come out. But when I write it directly in the chat window the sounds are playing OK...Also The sounds just keeps playing over and over. I have to manually stop them. Can you help?

Is it possibly the : at the end? Try adding that?

rgk13
March 13th, 2020, 22:42
I did and it did not make a difference

mattekure
March 13th, 2020, 23:04

There are two issues here.

1. you are trying to trigger on the speaker name, in this case "Dinosaur". Unfortunately, due to the way FG handles chat messages, I can only look at the body of the message, and not who said it. So I cant trigger on the name "Dinosaur", but if the message contained the word Dinosaur it would trigger. So in your example, my extension can only see the text "Fighting: Tail Lash: Str+d4 Brachiosaurus make a free attack against up to two foes at its side or rear." You could set up a trigger on Brachiosaurus and that should trigger.

2. You likely set the triggered sound as a mood, or SFX. Those loop. I highly recommend that for chat triggers, you try to limit it to just one-shot sounds. There is a filter you can set so it only shows one-shots. Those will play once and stop.

rgk13
March 14th, 2020, 18:17
Thank you I will make the modifications.

daggerfortysix
March 15th, 2020, 00:17
Mattekure and Nemesismmx - Thank you so much. Because of you guys, I have sound for my D&D games on my Mac. It works great, well done!

Beemanpat
March 25th, 2020, 18:48
Hey Mattekure, when I load from notepad to CSV Importer Fantasy Grounds will crash with lots of console errors saying Out of memory. Would it be possible to instead of copy all from notepad to CSV Importer to maybe divide and import maybe a quarter at a time. I dont mind doing it that way but was just wanting to make sure that its would not make another problem. Thanks for your help.

mattekure
March 25th, 2020, 18:57
Hey Mattekure, when I load from notepad to CSV Importer Fantasy Grounds will crash with lots of console errors saying Out of memory. Would it be possible to instead of copy all from notepad to CSV Importer to maybe divide and import maybe a quarter at a time. I dont mind doing it that way but was just wanting to make sure that its would not make another problem. Thanks for your help.

Short answer: Yes, but dont delete the very first line.

Longer answer: The out of memory comes because its trying to import too many nodes at once. Generally I recommend making sure you download the most recent module update before doing any CSV import. That will limit the number of items it tries to import. Also, if you are tech savvy enough to edit the CSV file, you can certainly restrict the number of entries in it. Generally I would recommend doing the editing in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Any custom items that you create will have the term "PRIVATE" in the status field and you have the capacity to sort or filter the entries for deletion. If you are only trying to import your custom items, you can delete the other entries. Make sure you do not delete the first line, and make sure you save it as a CSV file. Be careful not to accidentally save it as an excel file. Then import using notepad as normal.

Beemanpat
March 28th, 2020, 04:28
Hey Mattekure, I went to dmsguild and got the updated sound link mod and then did the CSV import no crash so all is good there. I was looking on dmsguild is there a way to enable a notification via email that there has been an update to something that you have purchased i.e. sound link mod. Preferably something that doesn't add work for you. Or me having to check often for updates. Thanks for work my players love the sounds.

The High Druid
March 28th, 2020, 13:12
This might help:

https://www.dmsguild.com/library_client.php

mattekure
March 28th, 2020, 14:34
DMsGuild does not currently have a notification system set up for updates. I know I have requested the feature, and I believe that the parent company One Bookshelf (OBS) has it implemented on other sites such as DTRPG. The library client that The High Druid mentioned will automatically download the latest versions, but it will not notify you that there has been an update.

mattekure
March 28th, 2020, 15:52
I am pushing out an update later today. v1.6. This update adds a rate limiter to avoid trying to play sounds too quickly. This is most useful when you are using the triggered sounds and targeting many NPCs. It stops it from trying to play the sound for each NPC that is attacked or makes a save. The limiter is currently set to 1 second, so any sounds triggered within 1 second of the previous sound will not play. If you find it too aggressive, please let me know. I defaulted to 1 second as in my testing that was plenty long enough for FG to run through a long list of attacks/saves but short enough not to impact manually triggering sounds.

I also added a bug fix for when chat triggers are left blank.

Check DMG later today for the update.

Beemanpat
March 28th, 2020, 17:13
Really wish dmsguild had that feature so it would be less work for everybody. Thanks again.

mattekure
April 3rd, 2020, 01:20
v1.7 being pushed out. Adds compatibility fix for the Player Agency extension.

Hector Trelane
April 3rd, 2020, 20:07
Just catching up with all these updates. Nicely done, and thanks for your superb support.

One question: Is there a way to access the nice sound library windows of previous versions whereby I could get all the sounds of a given soundset in one story entry? I just spent time creating a custom story window which, of course, gives the most customizability, but it would have greatly cut down the time involved if I didn't have to build my own soundset story entry from scratch. (Ideally, I could copy a template from a library and modify that with a few deletions and additions.)

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is addressed somewhere on this thread already.

mattekure
April 3rd, 2020, 20:34
No. That format was done initially as a stopgap measure until I could fully implement the sound records. Using story entries had significant drawbacks that made future enhancements such as the ability to switch between the Online and Genre players, chat triggered sounds, searching for sounds impossible. You can use filters to limit the display to a particular soundset, to moods/one-shots to help find the entries you want. Then make your own links wherever you want.

DarkSpartan45
April 5th, 2020, 16:23
Struggling with this on my Mac running Catalina. I've got the online player up and running and the extension installed, but I get the following message:

Any insight or advice you could offer would be awesome!

mattekure
April 5th, 2020, 16:27
Struggling with this on my Mac running Catalina. I've got the online player up and running and the extension installed, but I get the following message:

Any insight or advice you could offer would be awesome!

Hmm, I dont own or have any experience with Macs, so I cant really offer any advice. There was some earlier discussion in this thread related to getting it running on macs, perhaps that might help.

Any other Mac guru's on here know what might be causing this permissions issue?

daggerfortysix
April 8th, 2020, 14:32
DarkSpartan45 - See post #61 and #65 for the Syrinscape Bridge app a fellow Mac user made. It works perfectly! You need to have both the Syrinscape Bridge and Syrinscape Online opened up before attempting to use the sounds.

Ladicius Cainam
April 10th, 2020, 22:59
I'm having a hard time here with the FGU interaction. I have installed the .mod and .ext properly (hard to mess that up) I also followed the video and entered in my key. One of the issues I am having is that the Syrinscape sounds take a REALLY long time to load after I hit the green button. I realize that is a subjective statement but I have been using Fantasy Grounds Unity for a little bit now and have gotten a feel about low long things take (I am also running a very respectable computer in terms of power and components).
A second issue is that once the Syrinscape Sounds open in FGU if I click on one of thous and try to play it, there is the same massive delay that really makes the whole thing unusable in-game (the delay took as long as 2 minutes once) because the moment you want the sounds and music has passed once they finally queue up, and then I'm stuck listening to them for another 2 minutes before it registers the stop action.
A final bit of trouble is the Syrinscape online master screen. When I log into it I get several error messages at the top at the top of the screen and it just sits there 'loading' my soundset, but never does.

I've used Syrinscape on my Ipad for a few years now, and I know it's a great product. I'm probably doing something wrong here, so I finally decided to ask.

Thanks

mattekure
April 10th, 2020, 23:06
I'm having a hard time here with the FGU interaction. I have installed the .mod and .ext properly (hard to mess that up) I also followed the video and entered in my key. One of the issues I am having is that the Syrinscape sounds take a REALLY long time to load after I hit the green button. I realize that is a subjective statement but I have been using Fantasy Grounds Unity for a little bit now and have gotten a feel about low long things take (I am also running a very respectable computer in terms of power and components).
A second issue is that once the Syrinscape Sounds open in FGU if I click on one of thous and try to play it, there is the same massive delay that really makes the whole thing unusable in-game (the delay took as long as 2 minutes once) because the moment you want the sounds and music has passed once they finally queue up, and then I'm stuck listening to them for another 2 minutes before it registers the stop action.
A final bit of trouble is the Syrinscape online master screen. When I log into it I get several error messages at the top at the top of the screen and it just sits there 'loading' my soundset, but never does.

I've used Syrinscape on my Ipad for a few years now, and I know it's a great product. I'm probably doing something wrong here, so I finally decided to ask.

Thanks

Your first issue, with the loading time for FGU is a known problem. FGU is still in beta and has not been through any sort of performance tuning, and my sound module really pushes the limits of it now with over 24,000 sound links. As FGU nears release I expect that the loading times will improve significantly. If there are still issues after release I will be looking at various ways to redesign the interface to speed things up. Unfortunately, any change I make to improve the speed comes with the cost of making things less user-friendly or convenient.

Your second and third issues seem to be related. They dont seem to have anything to do with the extension, but something with how Syrinscape Online is installed on your machine seems wrong. I would suggest heading over to the Syrinscape forums and raising it as a question there. 2 minutes is a massive delay, on my system, most sounds trigger in under 1 sec. And Syrinscape Online is supposed to be caching your sounds, so playing them more than once should be immediate. If you are getting errors in the Online player, something may be wrong that they would have more insight in how to fix.

Arthellion
April 13th, 2020, 15:18
Hey Matt,

Firstly, awesome work on this system. It's so helpful and runs so smoothly.

Are there any plans to have the syrinscape sound play directly through fantasygrounds as opposed to the syrinscape online player? Some of my players keep having technical difficulties with it, so was hoping having a way to play the sounds through FGU might resolve that. Just curious.

Thanks for all your hard work!

mattekure
April 13th, 2020, 15:37
If the FG developers ever add that functionality I will incorporate it with the extension but FG currently has no capabilities for audio handling.

mattekure
April 17th, 2020, 12:32
Module updated on DMG with latest sounds

4Points
April 18th, 2020, 04:09
Hi @mattekure,

Thanks for this work. I am attempting to get this working in my FGU software and I am after clarification on the following:

I understand that it is expected behaviour for your sound links module to take ages to load (for me, it's about 10 minutes) when you first select the syrinscape banner from within FGU in a specific campaign. However, after closing FGU and then reopening and loading (hosting) the same campaign (ie, the next day), is it normal behaviour for it to take the same amount of time to load on all subsequent 'first-time' selection of the banner?

It is taking the same amount of time (close to 10 minutes on my slow computer) every time I open the banner for the first time on subsequent sessions in FGU in the same campaign...

I am very grateful for your help. No rush on an answer.

Cheers,

4P

mattekure
April 18th, 2020, 17:14
Hi @mattekure,

Thanks for this work. I am attempting to get this working in my FGU software and I am after clarification on the following:

I understand that it is expected behaviour for your sound links module to take ages to load (for me, it's about 10 minutes) when you first select the syrinscape banner from within FGU in a specific campaign. However, after closing FGU and then reopening and loading (hosting) the same campaign (ie, the next day), is it normal behaviour for it to take the same amount of time to load on all subsequent 'first-time' selection of the banner?

It is taking the same amount of time (close to 10 minutes on my slow computer) every time I open the banner for the first time on subsequent sessions in FGU in the same campaign...

I am very grateful for your help. No rush on an answer.

Cheers,

4P

Unfortunately, yes. The delay will happen the first time you open the banner for each FG session. The delay is caused by FGU trying to read through the nearly 25,000 sound links and loading them into memory for sorting and use. So it typically only happens once per session when you open the banner. But that entire process has to happen again for each session.

vvZODvv
April 18th, 2020, 17:19
Curious - when downloading updates, does the require downloading the MOD and the EXE or just the EXE? I've been doing it both to be safe, but IDK if the MOD is being changed with updates.

mattekure
April 18th, 2020, 17:21
Curious - when downloading updates, does the require downloading the MOD and the EXE or just the EXE? I've been doing it both to be safe, but IDK if the MOD is being changed with updates.

The mod is updated more frequently than the ext. In general its safer to just do both at the same time for any update. The module updates are just to add the most recently released sound links. The ext updates provide new functionlaity and bugfixes.

vvZODvv
April 18th, 2020, 17:23
Got it. See? That's why I was playing it safe, I had it backwards of which one was more updated anyways :rolleyes:

mattekure
April 18th, 2020, 17:24
Syrinscape is constantly putting out new sounds. So I end up updating the module regularly so people who have the subscriptions are not missing out. There is always the CSV import option to keep up to date, but for many its easier to just get the latest mod.

adamcutler23
April 18th, 2020, 21:22
Do I need to use the Syrinscape online player for my players to hear the sounds?

mattekure
April 18th, 2020, 21:25
The Syrinscape Online player is the easiest way. It requires the least amount of effort for you as the DM. Its not the only solution however. The older methods of using software like VoiceMeeter and sending audio through cleanfeed or discord still work, but they do require more knowledge and setup for the DM. The Online player also gives better sound quality than any of the older solutions as well.

4Points
April 19th, 2020, 13:30
Unfortunately, yes. The delay will happen the first time you open the banner for each FG session. The delay is caused by FGU trying to read through the nearly 25,000 sound links and loading them into memory for sorting and use. So it typically only happens once per session when you open the banner. But that entire process has to happen again for each session.

Hi Mattekure, thanks for the reply. Your syrinscape mods and extension rock! Thanks so much.

As a temporary measure I duplicated your sound links .mod file and modified it to remove all non-free sounds from the db file (for personal use only). This has substantially improved the load time down to mere seconds (the reduced sound set has no impact on me atm).

All I can say is wow! I've looked behind the curtain and I can see the monumental amount of work you've put in to this. Well done mate, I bet it's been a labour of love.

However, I am having an issue with the Syrinscape fantasy genre player. I can play free sounds directly from the player, but I can't get any free sounds to play when I select them from within FGU (genre player open in the background and selected in options). If I change over to the Online player in options, it works perfectly (~1 sec delay).

I'm running FGU and syrinscape from a non-admin account in Win10. This behaviour is consistent between your original sound links mod file and the heavily 'redacted' version I modified. Has anyone else had this issue where the online player works but the genre player doesn't, when playing sounds from within FGU? What could I be missing in my set up?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers, 4P.

mattekure
April 19th, 2020, 15:17
Hi Mattekure, thanks for the reply. Your syrinscape mods and extension rock! Thanks so much.

As a temporary measure I duplicated your sound links .mod file and modified it to remove all non-free sounds from the db file (for personal use only). This has substantially improved the load time down to mere seconds (the reduced sound set has no impact on me atm).

All I can say is wow! I've looked behind the curtain and I can see the monumental amount of work you've put in to this. Well done mate, I bet it's been a labour of love.

However, I am having an issue with the Syrinscape fantasy genre player. I can play free sounds directly from the player, but I can't get any free sounds to play when I select them from within FGU (genre player open in the background and selected in options). If I change over to the Online player in options, it works perfectly (~1 sec delay).

I'm running FGU and syrinscape from a non-admin account in Win10. This behaviour is consistent between your original sound links mod file and the heavily 'redacted' version I modified. Has anyone else had this issue where the online player works but the genre player doesn't, when playing sounds from within FGU? What could I be missing in my set up?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers, 4P.

Removing the links is a good workaround as long as you are comfortable mucking around with the xml. It certainly will increase the loading speed if you drop the number of sounds down. There are nearly 25,000 sounds right now.

For the issue with the Fantasy Player and FGU, I'll take a look. Are you seeing a difference in behavior between classic and unity? Does it trigger in classic, but not in unity? There are so many variables at play, and Unity is constantly changing, so I can never be sure where the issue is occuring.

I do know that they stopped development work on the fantasy player some time back to focus on the online player. Due to that, there are some bugs and links that just dont work with the genre player. They may update the genre players at some point to fix those issues, but they have been longstanding issues.

ThePryory
April 19th, 2020, 18:19
I think it might work in FGC on the Mac with the online player when you have that ready, as that is using web urls and I believe the Mac OS will allow that.

Unfortunately, I get this sort of an error on a Mac running FGU... The application “Fantasy Grounds” does not have permission to open “syrinscape-online://www.syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/moods/350/play/?auth_token=###TOKENHIDDENTOPROTECTTHEIDENTITYOFTH EPEOPLES###.”

If anyone has input on correcting this, I would be most appreciative! This mod looks incredible.

mattekure
April 19th, 2020, 18:44
Unfortunately, I get this sort of an error on a Mac running FGU... The application “Fantasy Grounds” does not have permission to open “syrinscape-online://www.syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/moods/350/play/?auth_token=###TOKENHIDDENTOPROTECTTHEIDENTITYOFTH EPEOPLES###.”

If anyone has input on correcting this, I would be most appreciative! This mod looks incredible.

There are several posts by mac users detailing how they got it working. You can check those out to see if their solutions help.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53459-MK-Syrinscape-Sound-Links-module&p=476778&viewfull=1#post476778

Older thread for DOE, but same process would be followed for this extension.

mattekure
April 21st, 2020, 14:03
For all Unity users. In the second post of this thread, I describe a new stripped down version of the module being made available on the DMsGuild purchase to try and improve the performance in Unity. This is a stripped down module, but it contains all of the important sounds (Moods and One-shots). On my system it reduced the load times to under 30 seconds. More details in the post.

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53459-MK-Syrinscape-Sound-Links-module&p=473259&viewfull=1#post473259

zuilin
April 21st, 2020, 22:19
Hi,
I just want to inform you that unfortunately even on FGU this is not working well. To my understanding this is not FGU fault, but rather Syrinscape problem. Syrinscape Online Player just doesn't handle URLs properly. Therefore, I wrote my own small app that properly handles calls from FGU and sends https requests to Syrinscape.

I will post it here for everyone that needs it:

Keep in mind that this is not compiled for distribution, and recent macOS versions may refuse to run it. In order to open app you may need to disable Gatekeeper. More on this topic can be found there:https://www.phonetransfer.org/disable-gatekeeper.html

Run the app once in order to register itself with URL scheme.
Just to clarify again, this will work for FGU only. As you explained, FGC on mac is emulated and URL handling is not working at all.

Cheers

I'm getting this error message: The application “Fantasy Grounds” does not have permission to open “syrinscape-online://www.syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/elements/284381/play/?auth_token=xxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyy” where the xxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyy is my token, of course.

zuilin
April 21st, 2020, 22:55
I'm getting this error message: The application “Fantasy Grounds” does not have permission to open “syrinscape-online://www.syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/elements/284381/play/?auth_token=xxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyy” where the xxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyy is my token, of course.

And now it works! I think I had a broken URI scheme in there somewhere. Deleted the PLIST and ran the Bridge again. Woohoo!

LATEST version of Syrinscape Bridge is here with some future changes planned: https://github.com/Moroverse/syrinscape_bridge/releases

mattekure
April 21st, 2020, 22:56
Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Starkraven69
April 21st, 2020, 23:55
hello Mattekure,
I am really excited to try this out... but I am having problems. Most likely it is because I am new, or missed something when reading up on it. I am using FG Unity. I purchased your extension, and have SuperSyrinscape. I loaded the module and the extension. I see the module and am able to load it (I purchased the original version before I saw that you made a faster loading version, which the speed doesn't really bother me). However, I don't see the Syrinscape sound extension in my library to enable it on the banner bar.
Sorry if there was already an answer in this thread for this... just a hella lot of reading. :)

mattekure
April 22nd, 2020, 00:38
hello Mattekure,
I am really excited to try this out... but I am having problems. Most likely it is because I am new, or missed something when reading up on it. I am using FG Unity. I purchased your extension, and have SuperSyrinscape. I loaded the module and the extension. I see the module and am able to load it (I purchased the original version before I saw that you made a faster loading version, which the speed doesn't really bother me). However, I don't see the Syrinscape sound extension in my library to enable it on the banner bar.
Sorry if there was already an answer in this thread for this... just a hella lot of reading. :)

If it doesnt appear in the Library, then you likely did not enable the extension in the launcher. Back out of the campaign, and on the campaign load screen, scroll down the list of extensions and make sure the Syrinscape Sounds extension is checked. When the campaign starts, you should see a message in the chat stating that it was loaded.

Starkraven69
April 26th, 2020, 06:13
Just wanted to say thanks, that was definitely my first rookie mistake.
Do you know if I can run a campaign with 5e and CoreRPG? And will this still work that way?

zuilin
April 26th, 2020, 06:36
I want to say thanks as well, so THANK YOU for such a great extension! My players all loved having the automatic combat sounds.

zuilin
April 26th, 2020, 06:37
Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Note: If you're a Mac user, I'm working with the original author of Syrinscape Bridge to add some extra functionality and a pretty icon. We'll post again when it's ready. The version above works well enough for now.

Original download for Syrinscape Bridge is here (#61): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53459-MK-Syrinscape-Sound-Links-module&p=476778&viewfull=1#post476778

NEWEST version is available here, with some future additions and changes planned: https://github.com/Moroverse/syrinscape_bridge/releases

vvZODvv
April 26th, 2020, 15:34
mattekure: I just wanted to throw out a thank you. I've been using your extension just about since the day you first released it. But yesterday I fiddled around with Syrinscape Online and was blown away at how AWESOME it is! If it weren't for your extension to help me integrate it in the game IDK that I would be able to access it. Thank you so much for making my game better! My players and I love the sound.

mattekure
April 26th, 2020, 15:40
Just wanted to say thanks, that was definitely my first rookie mistake.
Do you know if I can run a campaign with 5e and CoreRPG? And will this still work that way?

The extension works with both the 5e ruleset and any CoreRPG based ruleset.

Starkraven69
April 26th, 2020, 23:50
Slowly getting there on using all of this... most of my problems are just me.

When I add your cut-down mod version to FGU, should I remove the larger version from the mod files?

mattekure
April 26th, 2020, 23:54
Yes. you should only have one copy of the module in the modules directory.

zuilin
April 28th, 2020, 15:27
DarkSpartan45 - See post #61 and #65 for the Syrinscape Bridge app a fellow Mac user made. It works perfectly! You need to have both the Syrinscape Bridge and Syrinscape Online opened up before attempting to use the sounds.

The latest version of Syrinscape Bridge is available here with some changes and some additional future changes planned: https://github.com/Moroverse/syrinscape_bridge/releases

mattekure
April 28th, 2020, 15:38
The latest version of Syrinscape Bridge is available here with some changes and some additional future changes planned: https://github.com/Moroverse/syrinscape_bridge/releases

This is awesome! thanks so much

mattekure
April 29th, 2020, 17:51
***NEW***
Custom Sound Module Generation

Fantasy Grounds currently has performance issues with automated generation of large numbers of new sound links. This limitation causes the CSV import option to be unable to process more than a few hundred new records without either crashing or freezing. This limitation also makes it very difficult for individuals who have created many new items in the Syrinscape SoundsetCreator. If they have more than the limit, then the CSV process will simply not work for them.

I have been working on an alternative method which resolves all of these issues. I have created a website utility to generate your own custom sound links module directly from your Syrinscape CSV download. Today I am making the website live for people to use. Instructions for use are on the website.

https://mattekure.com/Syrin2FG/

The benefits of using the website are that the sound module generated includes only the Syrinscape sound links that you own. It will not contain any dead links for products not included in your subscription, or not purchased. Also, it will contain all of the links to any sounds created in the Syrinscape Online Soundset creator.

For Fantasy Grounds Unity users, if you are experiencing long load times, you also have the option of excluding certain types of sound elements, such as moods, one-shots, music, and sound effects to reduce the size of the sound module. This can result in dramatically quicker load times.

4Points
April 30th, 2020, 00:18
***NEW***
Custom Sound Module Generation

Fantasy Grounds ....

Mate, awesome work!

mattekure
May 1st, 2020, 17:14
v1.8 will be uploaded to DMsGuild later today. Added a whole bunch of new icons that match the style/look of different rulesets. Art is thanks to a generous individual on Discord. Tweaked the rate limiter so that it only restricts playing the same sound multiple times in a row.

sevrick
May 2nd, 2020, 15:47
I am sorry if this was asked before but..
How do I set up wild card spaces so when I am making chat triggers it ignores certain characters.
For Example:
[ATTACK #3 (M)] Longsword [9] -> [at Goblin Warrior] [MISS]

Now obvously not every time when he swings a longsword is he going to be attacking a goblin, or be using his 3rd attack (Pathfinder 2E).
This is to simulate a swish of a sword when missed.
I thought it might take some use of the Regular Expressions functionality.

I thought this would work but it doesn't.
[ATTACK *% (M)] Longsword [*%] -> [*%] [MISS]

Can you help?

mattekure
May 2nd, 2020, 16:28
I am sorry if this was asked before but..
How do I set up wild card spaces so when I am making chat triggers it ignores certain characters.
For Example:
[ATTACK #3 (M)] Longsword [9] -> [at Goblin Warrior] [MISS]

Now obvously not every time when he swings a longsword is he going to be attacking a goblin, or be using his 3rd attack (Pathfinder 2E).
This is to simulate a swish of a sword when missed.
I thought it might take some use of the Regular Expressions functionality.

I thought this would work but it doesn't.
[ATTACK *% (M)] Longsword [*%] -> [*%] [MISS]

Can you help?

working with patterns is always tricky. First, you probably already did this, but you need to make sure that the "use regular expressions" checkbox is checked.

When working with patterns, most of the time whatever character you put in the pattern will be matched, but there are several that are considered special called the magic characters, whenever you use those, you have to use the % symbol before them to match. The magic characters that require that you put the % in front of them to match are ( ) . % + - * ? [ ] ^ $ So, to match a '+' you have to put '%+' in your pattern. Also, remember that the following special characters represent a number of repetitions + * - ?

So taking a look at your expression and breaking it apart:

'[ATTACK' to match this, you need to escape that '[' at the beginning, so it would look like '%[ATTACK'

' #3 ' assuming you dont care what appears here, whether its attack 1, 2, 3 or whatever. You would use the '.' character which matches anything, followed by '*' which means 0 or more repetitions. so it would be '.*'

'(M)]' again, lots of magic characters you need to escape. so put the '%' in front of them all. '%(M%)%]'

' Longsword ' nothing special here, no need to change anything.

'[9] ' again, we dont really care about what is here, so we can use '.*'

'-> ' escape the '-' so its '%-> '

'[at Goblin Warrior] ' escape the brackets, and use the anything match in between. '%[.*%] '

'[MISS]' escape the brackets again. '%[MISS%]'

putting it all together looks like:
'%[ATTACK.*%(M%)%] Longsword .*%-> %[.*%] %[MISS%]'

If I didn't make any silly mistakes, this will trigger when a melee attack by a longsword misses.

sevrick
May 2nd, 2020, 20:09
Worked Like a Charm. Thanks.:)

*Edit One last thing though. If I wanted to add multiple weapons attached to one sound effect, would I have to create another chat trigger and just rename the Longsword to something else?

mattekure
May 2nd, 2020, 23:19
Worked Like a Charm. Thanks.:)

*Edit One last thing though. If I wanted to add multiple weapons attached to one sound effect, would I have to create another chat trigger and just rename the Longsword to something else?

If you want it to trigger only for certain types of weapons, like battleaxe, greatsword, longsword, etc. Then yes, just duplicate the trigger and swap out the name of the weapon. if you want it to trigger on every melee attack that misses, you can remove the entire longsword portion. the '.*' after the longsword will pick up whatever weapon is there.

mattekure
May 20th, 2020, 20:39
Version 1.10 is being pushed today to fix an xml bug that started showing up in recent Unity releases.

v1.10 Fixed xml error thrown in Unity.

Drath3n
May 23rd, 2020, 21:41
I am experiencing a significant delay between the triggering actio9n and the sound. Is there anything I can do to tighten that up or is it just how it is?

mattekure
May 23rd, 2020, 22:59
I am experiencing a significant delay between the triggering actio9n and the sound. Is there anything I can do to tighten that up or is it just how it is?

There isnt really anything I know of. You can try changing the server you are connected to on the Master Interface, but beyond that, its the delay of the Syrinscape app connecting to their servers and pushing the sounds out.

https://www.syrinscape.com/online/master/#/

https://imgur.com/Sti27uw.jpg

Drath3n
May 23rd, 2020, 23:06
Ok,thanks :)

sstarsslayer
July 1st, 2020, 22:06
Hi,
Syrinscape Online Player just doesn't handle URLs properly. Therefore, I wrote my own small app

I love your soundbridge app. Any thoughts on how I might get chat triggers to work with the non-online player though?

mattekure
July 1st, 2020, 22:31
I love your soundbridge app. Any thoughts on how I might get chat triggers to work with the non-online player though?

I would report it on the syrinscape forums. I've posted there and it would probably help if they saw more people in the community mention the issue.

Nemesismmx
July 2nd, 2020, 08:20
Thanks sstarsslayer. Unfortunately, I don't see any possibility. Bypassing it with another app is not possible in this case, URL handling must be implemented inside the player app. I'm not sure why they don't have it, it should be trivial to enable it. I agree with mattekure that more post on their own forum may help to raise their attention to this problem.

sstarsslayer
July 5th, 2020, 23:09
Thanks sstarsslayer. Unfortunately, I don't see any possibility. Bypassing it with another app is not possible in this case, URL handling must be implemented inside the player app. I'm not sure why they don't have it, it should be trivial to enable it. I agree with mattekure that more post on their own forum may help to raise their attention to this problem.

Thank you both for the explanation. I didn't realize the problem was with the syrinscape app itself.

mattekure
August 12th, 2020, 22:55
1.12 was published today.

New features:
Added an option that allows the chat triggers to include the speaker when checking for a match.

Multiple triggers per sound. I restructured the trigger record and allowed you to add multiple triggers in a single record. This is very helpful when you want to try several different patterns like "Bear", "bear", etc.

IMPORTANT: Due to a data bug in previous versions, some trigger records may cause an error when loaded. It appears that the bug was caused because the previous versions did not correctly save the value of the option "Use Lua Patterns". The resolve the bug, unlock the record, and relock it. That will force the record to update. If you have triggers from a module that were previously exported, they will need to be re-exported.

rcruk
August 18th, 2020, 21:09
Hi,

Is it possible to create the required CSV file in the Sci-fi player to use modified arrangements created in the player, or am I limited only to using the set arrangements without using Syrinscape online?

Thanks.
R.

mattekure
August 18th, 2020, 21:13
Hi,

Is it possible to create the required CSV file in the Sci-fi player to use modified arrangements created in the player, or am I limited only to using the set arrangements without using Syrinscape online?

Thanks.
R.

Thats not a supported use case. You can try, but I dont know if it will work or not, and I cant provide support for it.

The CSV import option was originally a stopgap measure I added while I worked on my new syrin2fg service. That is now the recommended way to update your syrisncape sound module. It is a free service that converts your syrinscape CSV file into a custom sound links module with all sounds you have access to, including any custom ones you make. I have never made sounds using the Sci-fi player, so I have no idea if it reports back to the syrinscape servers or not.

Syrin2FG Service Website: https://mattekure.com/Syrin2FG/

rcruk
August 18th, 2020, 21:32
Thanks for the quick response! Do I replace Fantasy_Grounds_Syrinscape_Sound_Links_(26179542). mod with this newly generated file? It seemed to package up all right through your link.

R.

mattekure
August 18th, 2020, 21:36
Yes, you should replace the previous sound links module with the one the website generated.

rcruk
August 18th, 2020, 22:24
Thanks Mattekure.

It worked well in allowing me to access the standard sound set with the advantage of removing all the other links which I do not have access to in Syrinscape, which helped declutter. However it does not connect me to any that I modified in the Sci-fi player so maybe they don't export.

R.

mattekure
August 18th, 2020, 22:24
thats what it sounds like. You might try asking over on the syrinscape forums, they may have a solution for you.

rcruk
August 19th, 2020, 22:15
So I've quickly progressed to the trial Supersyrinscape subscription. Only when I try to enter the token into my MgT2e game in FG there is no slot to paste it in. If I click the Store Authentication Button it says Authentication Code Stored, but I don't manage to cut and paste it anywhere and when I try to run a sound it comes up with an error saying token not found? I must be missing something.38667

mattekure
August 19th, 2020, 22:21
So I've quickly progressed to the trial Supersyrinscape subscription. Only when I try to enter the token into my MgT2e game in FG there is no slot to paste it in. If I click the Store Authentication Button it says Authentication Code Stored, but I don't manage to cut and paste it anywhere and when I try to run a sound it comes up with an error saying token not found? I must be missing something.38667

That looks like an odd theme issue. I dont have that ruleset to check, but there is a simple workaround. The authentication token only needs to be set once per client, so I would recommend you create a new campaign using the CoreRPG ruleset and enable the syrinscape ext. Use that campaign to store the authentication token. Then it should be set and you can load your Mgt2e campaign and play sounds with it.

rcruk
August 19th, 2020, 22:52
That looks like an odd theme issue. I dont have that ruleset to check, but there is a simple workaround. The authentication token only needs to be set once per client, so I would recommend you create a new campaign using the CoreRPG ruleset and enable the syrinscape ext. Use that campaign to store the authentication token. Then it should be set and you can load your Mgt2e campaign and play sounds with it.

That did it, thanks Mattekure. Now to get the players set up.

R.

mattekure
September 4th, 2020, 22:59
I pushed a new version today. This changes how the links are created when dragging the play or stop button. Old links will still work, but they are hard coded, so you could not share them with other DMs and you could not share links to the Fantasy/Sci-fi player with the Players.

This new way of doing links solves all that. Now, the links are encoded in such a way that you can export and share them with other DMs, and when a player clicks a link it will always attempt playback on the DM host, not on the players PC. So links to the Fantasy/Sci-fi player links will work fine. In order for these links to work for the players, the DM will need to share the sound links module with the players, and they will need to load it. Therefore, I changed the default status of the sound links module to shared with the players.

Diamond Geezer
September 26th, 2020, 02:40
I'm having an issue with playing sounds within Fantasy Grounds.
I am using Syrinscape Fantasy Player 1.4.8-P2

When I click on the PLAY button, I am getting a prompt to install an application in Windows.
Anyone else ever experienced this issue?

seycyrus
October 18th, 2020, 17:22
@mattekure

Is it still recommended to use the stripped down version mentioned in post 2?

mattekure
October 18th, 2020, 17:25
@mattekure

Is it still recommended to use the stripped down version mentioned in post 2?

With the massive performance improvements in unity lately it is no longer needed. If you are experiencing really long old times you can try the stripped down version but I expect most users will not need to

seycyrus
October 18th, 2020, 18:15
With the massive performance improvements in unity lately it is no longer needed. ...

That's what I was thinking. I've been tinkering with FGU more recently and it is vastly improved over months ago.

Osirisxp
October 22nd, 2020, 18:41
Same Issue for me.

HywelPhillips
November 20th, 2020, 20:28
I'd just like to put in plug here for these extensions plus Syrinscape Online.

Here's my review from DMSGuild which describes our experience getting it going and running our first few sessions using it:

I've been looking into various options for integrating sounds with my Fantasy Grounds Unity games and I finally settled on Syrinscape Online plus these extensions. It's not the cheapest, but it was BY FAR the best of the ones I tried.

A short version of what it does:
- You have the Syrinscape online player running alongside your game (your players need to install and run the player too, but it is a free download for them).

- You can select a wide variety of predefined soundscapes in Syrinscape Online. You get access to a few for free, can buy more or can subscribe monthly to get access to everything. They have a LOT of good packs - for example, most of the 5E campaign packs have associated soundscapes ready to run. About to send a party into Tresendar Manor cellars in Phandalin? There's already a set of mixes to give ambient sounds, creaks, wind, groans and music set up for you. You can change anything you want, for example playing different music over the top and you can upload your own, too.

- What these extensions give you is a way to trigger all that from links inside Fantasy Grounds, making it easy to pin the sound mixes you want to use to the maps and stories during prep. Then it's a single mouse click inside FG to go from "pleasant woodland" to "battle the bugbears". Syrinscape does a nice cross-fade for you and you are away.

- The Chat triggers adds a whole new dimension by looking for suitable phrases in the chat record and triggering sounds automatically, all already programmed in so you don't have to. An arrow hit sounds different from a sword hit, casting Vicious Mockery sounds different from firing off a lightning bolt.

It is SUCH an easy way to increase immersion and provide great (and easily changeable) soundscapes with minimal additional overhead for the GM in terms of prep time.

It does take some set-up (for Mac users you'll need Syrinscape Bridge too, which is a free download) and you need everyone who wants to have the soundscape to install the Syrinscape online player; you could do it via virtual cables into Discord but that has its own problems (Discord regards subtle soundscape sounds as compressible noise and blanks them, often).

But my two online gaming groups got it all set up within a few minutes, and we thoroughly enjoyed our first session of built-in sound effects for critical hits, natural 1's, dying foes and fireballs exploding. It's well worth the work and the money if you want to give your players a top-quality experience without incurring huge amounts of GM prep time.

Thoroughly recommended.

Hywel

mattekure
November 21st, 2020, 01:00
I'd just like to put in plug here for these extensions plus Syrinscape Online.

Hywel

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

wardrake
January 16th, 2021, 13:38
Hi there I have downloaded and installed from DMsG this morning. I've got everything working. The Chat Triggers I can get to work if I program one from scratch. I have also bought and installed the Chat Triggers mod from DMsG but the chat triggers list remains empty - I can't see any of the triggers, other than the ones I have programmed myself. When FG launches I can see I have Syrinscape Online Sounds 1.15 loaded. In Data Module Activation I can see I have Syrinscape Soundlinks module loaded but I cannot see the Chat Trigger Module in the list (Loaded or Unloaded). Am I missing a step to make this Mod visible/loadable?

I'm on Win10 and using the Pathfinder Core Ruleset in FG.

wardrake
January 16th, 2021, 14:01
Hi there I have downloaded and installed from DMsG this morning. I've got everything working. The Chat Triggers I can get to work if I program one from scratch. I have also bought and installed the Chat Triggers mod from DMsG but the chat triggers list remains empty - I can't see any of the triggers, other than the ones I have programmed myself. When FG launches I can see I have Syrinscape Online Sounds 1.15 loaded. In Data Module Activation I can see I have Syrinscape Soundlinks module loaded but I cannot see the Chat Trigger Module in the list (Loaded or Unloaded). Am I missing a step to make this Mod visible/loadable?

I'm on Win10 and using the Pathfinder Core Ruleset in FG.

Aha - I see if I create a 5e game that everything works. It must be a pathfinder incompatibility :(

mattekure
January 17th, 2021, 17:46
Aha - I see if I create a 5e game that everything works. It must be a pathfinder incompatibility :(

Thanks for the heads up. Its not really a compatibility issue, it was simply me forgetting to set the Ruleset to Any after exporting. I am uploading new copies today that should load in any ruleset.

wardrake
January 18th, 2021, 17:06
Thanks for the heads up. Its not really a compatibility issue, it was simply me forgetting to set the Ruleset to Any after exporting. I am uploading new copies today that should load in any ruleset.

That did the trick. I realise many of the triggers will be different esp. on spells but it loads now

rtrevino
February 28th, 2021, 21:18
Hello @mattekure

I want to buy this extension, but I have to ask first, can it be used with the free sound samples? or is it forcefully a subscription needed?. I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to a subscription at this moment. I want to try first.

Thanks!

mattekure
February 28th, 2021, 21:19
Hello @mattekure

I want to buy this extension, but I have to ask first, can it be used with the free sound samples? or is it forcefully a subscription needed?. I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to a subscription at this moment. I want to try first.

Thanks!

this extension will work with whatever sounds you have available in Syrinscape. so if you only have access to the free sound samples, it will work for them. If you purchase individual soundsets, it will work for any you purchase. Anything you dont have access to will just not play anything.

rtrevino
February 28th, 2021, 22:44
this extension will work with whatever sounds you have available in Syrinscape. so if you only have access to the free sound samples, it will work for them. If you purchase individual soundsets, it will work for any you purchase. Anything you dont have access to will just not play anything.

thanks for the fast reply!.

Question is: my players will have their free accounts also with online layer configured, will they be able to hear the sounds? I mena I know I need the subscription so I can invite players and i get it that in that way they could hear the sounds. it there a scenario where this is not an issue?

I rather pay for this two.. Fantasy Grounds Syrinscape Sound Chat Triggers and Fantasy Grounds Syrinscape Sound Links, and get the campaign going until I really need a subscription

mattekure
February 28th, 2021, 22:52
thanks for the fast reply!.

Question is: my players will have their free accounts also with online layer configured, will they be able to hear the sounds? I mena I know I need the subscription so I can invite players and i get it that in that way they could hear the sounds. it there a scenario where this is not an issue?

I rather pay for this two.. Fantasy Grounds Syrinscape Sound Chat Triggers and Fantasy Grounds Syrinscape Sound Links, and get the campaign going until I really need a subscription

Without a subscription, the Online player will be useless for players. The only scenario where players can get sounds from the Syrinscape Online player is when the DM has a SuperSyrin subscription. That has nothing to do with my extension, thats just how Syrinscape is designed.

So to get audio to your players, you will have to use one of the other solutions out there. There are many, and I am not an expert on them. Search the forums as the topic comes up quite frequently. Usually it involves redirecting the DMs sound through discord/teamspeak/cleanfeed or some other solution so your players can receive it along with your voice.

Diamond Geezer
March 1st, 2021, 01:23
When the DM has a SuperSyrin subscription, you can load your own sounds into a sound set. You can publish it into your game as chat triggers or just use the soundest from within your own master interface as sounds or background music.

sevrick
April 20th, 2021, 00:38
Is there a way to select a campaign you made in syrinscape?

mattekure
April 20th, 2021, 01:18
Is there a way to select a campaign you made in syrinscape?

Did you make your sounds in the Online Soundset Creator? Or in the Fantasy/Sci-fi player?

The website will only include links to sounds that are created using the Online Soundset Creator. You need to make sure that they have a proper soundset name and elements. There are a number of videos on the Syrinscape youtube channel on using it. Once your soundset is created in the Online creator, you can then redownload your CSV file. That new CSV file will contain the links to your created soundset. Use that new CSV file to generate a sound module, load it, and the soundsets you created will be available. You can use the soundset filter to select your created soundset.

sevrick
April 20th, 2021, 02:18
Ok I got thanks.

mattekure
May 9th, 2021, 16:10
New version 17 posted. This version now has 2 extensions, one for Classic, and one for Unity. The classic entry is the same version 16 as previously released. the new FGU version is v17.

The new FGU version has significantly improved compatibility with rulesets, and should be compatible with all CoreRPG rulesets, including SavageWorlds.

JBeesing
May 10th, 2021, 02:19
Please excuse me if this question has been answered already. I haven't read through every post on this thread.

In an effort to reduce file size in my campaigns, I'm trying to delete hundreds of sound files that I don't need from each campaign. After opening the Syrinscape Sounds dialogue box, I proceed to delete folders that I don't need (boardgame, sci-fi, etc.). When I do this, the files in those folders don't actually get deleted. They simply move to the "uncategorized" folder. Somehow they've now arrived in the Syrinscape Soundlinks folder. They seemed to make that jump by magic. And I don't see any option for deleting the files.

Also, it seems that there is no way to copy a sound file to a new folder of my own creation.

Am I missing something?

mattekure
May 10th, 2021, 02:22
If you want to delete sounds, you need to do it in your CSV file before you upload to the website for conversion. You wont really be able to delete them from the module. After downloading your CSV file you can open it in google sheets or excel, delete the rows for entries you dont want, then save the file back as a CSV file. use that new file to upload to the website. that will produce a sound module with only those sounds you want

JBeesing
May 10th, 2021, 03:31
Thanks for the quick response. And I understand what you’re telling me to do. But will doing that effect other campaigns I already have in Fantasy Grounds?

mattekure
May 10th, 2021, 03:53
Yes. Changing the sound module will affect all Campaigns that use it

mattekure
June 21st, 2021, 19:05
I just published v19 which adds a new Volume Control for Syrinscape Online. The buttons modify the Global Volume and the Global OneShot volume that you normally see in the Syrinscape Master Interface. This does not affect the volume of the local player, just the Global volume levels.

https://i.imgur.com/8upwoMf.png

https://i.imgur.com/7v7DKws.png

mattekure
June 23rd, 2021, 03:29
v21 pushed today that adds Soundboards. You can create as many soundboards as you like. Each soundboard has 18 slots for sounds. You can assign a sound to a slot by unlocking the soundboard and dragging the sound onto the spot. When you lock it, the sound will play when the corresponding button is pressed.

mattekure
August 26th, 2021, 22:10
I just finished making a new offline CSV to FG converter utility. This can be run whenever you want and doesnt depend on my webserver to process. I made a Windows and Mac version for release.

Code and executables are available on github https://github.com/mattekure/SyrinCSV2FG

Tooting Dog
September 19th, 2021, 17:42
Sorry to ask in here, I was put off by the Discord link's ten instructions to their paying customers and read only the first three pages of this 20page thread, but I am wondering does the player's side also need to have Syrinscape downloaded? I have the free version of Syrinscape and can get sounds to play in FGU on my end but not on the one test machine I am using as the player's end. I'm guessing it is something simple but I am currently on that very high slope of the learning curve for a lot of this. THanks!

mattekure
September 19th, 2021, 18:56
Sorry to ask in here, I was put off by the Discord link's ten instructions to their paying customers and read only the first three pages of this 20page thread, but I am wondering does the player's side also need to have Syrinscape downloaded? I have the free version of Syrinscape and can get sounds to play in FGU on my end but not on the one test machine I am using as the player's end. I'm guessing it is something simple but I am currently on that very high slope of the learning curve for a lot of this. THanks!

It really depends on what kind of setup you are trying to implement. The extension by itself only triggers the sounds to play in Syrinscape. It does not handle the audio or send it to the players. All that is handled outside of Fantasy Grounds either by syrisncape itself or some other application setup. There is generally 2 different setups that people use to get sound to their players. One is super easy to set up but more expensive, the other is free but requires more technical setup.

1. The method I use, and I find the easiest to use is with the Syrinscape Online player. In order to send sounds to your players it requires that you have the SuperSyrin subscription. Then each of your players would need a free syrinscape account and would need to download the syrinscape online client. Then whenever a sound is played, it plays for the DM and all connected players. All the handling of audio is done within the syrinscape online client.

2. If you use either the syrinscape Fantasy or Sci-fi clients or do not have the SuperSyrin subscription, then sound is only played back locally. It wouldnt matter if your players had the syrinscape client installed as the sounds are never triggered on their end. With this setup it becomes necessary to use other software to capture the sound and stream it in a way that your players can access. Most people use audio software like VoiceMeeter which is free, and then use either discord bots or other services like CleanFeed (also free) to route the audio to your players. There are a number of tutorials on how to set that up here on the forums and on youtube. One of the best sources of setup videos is Lord Gwydions youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/LordGwydion There are many different options and setups covered there.

Tooting Dog
September 19th, 2021, 19:21
Awesome explanation! Thank you so very much.

I'm pretty sure in one of the videos it states it works even with the free version of Syrinscape. I guess now I assume the meaning there was if you just want to play sounds locally. I think it is written somewhere, too, that it works with the free version. Anyhow, I guess this misunderstanding is just me. Unfortunately, this extension will not really provide what I was looking for. :(

1. I didn't want the subscription version. For me, I just want to have very low background environment sounds like winds in a cavern, the echo of rushing water in a cavern, and things like that. No music, no roars, no metal hitting metal and thus didn't want to be paying the $8/month for a subscription. And beyond this, I didn't want to ask my players to download another program to a computer as one player is using a work computer from home, and my 2nd computer is also a work computer, too, and want to keep the ancillary downloads to as few as possible.

2. I had the free Fantasy version and don't see the need to run sounds only for me. :(

I want to keep the downloads my players need to as little as possible so I guess I will go back to getting up close to the mic and blowing on it to simulate winds. :) Thank you so much for the quick and well-written reply!

mattekure
September 19th, 2021, 19:22
Awesome explanation! Thank you so very much.

I'm pretty sure in one of the videos it states it works even with the free version of Syrinscape. I guess now I assume the meaning there was if you just want to play sounds locally. I think it is written somewhere, too, that it works with the free version. Anyhow, I guess this misunderstanding is just me. Unfortunately, this extension will not really provide what I was looking for. :(

1. I didn't want the subscription version. For me, I just want to have very low background environment sounds like winds in a cavern, the echo of rushing water in a cavern, and things like that. No music, no roars, no metal hitting metal and thus didn't want to be paying the $8/month for a subscription. And beyond this, I didn't want to ask my players to download another program to a computer as one player is using a work computer from home, and my 2nd computer is also a work computer, too, and want to keep the ancillary downloads to as few as possible.

2. I had the free Fantasy version and don't see the need to run sounds only for me. :(

I want to keep the downloads my players need to as little as possible so I guess I will go back to getting up close to the mic and blowing on it to simulate winds. :) Thank you so much for the quick and well-written reply!

Yes, the extension works with any level of subscription for syrinscape, free, purchased sounds, monthly subscription, etc.

seycyrus
October 16th, 2021, 22:49
Mattekure,

If I originally obtained the files from the dmsguild, do I need to repurchase them from the forge to get the latest updates etc.?

mattekure
October 16th, 2021, 22:51
Mattekure,

If I originally obtained the files from the dmsguild, do I need to repurchase them from the forge to get the latest updates etc.?

No. Any new updates will be pushed to both. In DMsGuild you will be able to access them by going to your library

Topdecker
October 20th, 2021, 05:10
Quick question I hope.

I click on a soundboard element, music plays. How do I stop it? I can unlock it, re-click, and press stop IF I remember which item is currently playing. I just want to click on something and stop everything from playing.

Thanks!

mattekure
October 20th, 2021, 13:18
Quick question I hope.

I click on a soundboard element, music plays. How do I stop it? I can unlock it, re-click, and press stop IF I remember which item is currently playing. I just want to click on something and stop everything from playing.

Thanks!

You can use the Stop All sound, there is one for each different type of player because the links are different. You can easily find them by filtering the Type to Global.

https://i.imgur.com/IMYOFau.png

Topdecker
October 20th, 2021, 13:57
Thanks! I will go find it and make a shortcut for it.

mattekure
October 20th, 2021, 13:59
Thanks! I will go find it and make a shortcut for it.

I like to make a hotkey for it. typically, I open the stop all record, and drag the stop button to my shortcut bar for F12, so I always have one click to stop all sounds. If you drag the link to the sound record, you have to click twice, but by dragging the play/stop buttons you can create a link to immediately begin playback

Topdecker
October 21st, 2021, 17:20
I followed your instructions and it works like a champ. Thanks a lot for the write-up, it made it very easy. Too bad that the abundance of audio players makes it difficult to just add a stop to the volume control.

mattekure
October 21st, 2021, 17:51
I followed your instructions and it works like a champ. Thanks a lot for the write-up, it made it very easy. Too bad that the abundance of players makes it difficult to just add a stop to the volume control.

One other little note, if you are using Unity, you can now control the master global volume (moods) and master one-shot volume from within FG. I like to set the global volume much lower as they tend to overpower other sounds and keep going. I keep the one-shots higher as they tend to be short.

Topdecker
October 21st, 2021, 19:17
That's another good tip. I was wondering what that was for... So, just to be clear, music and moods use global volume and other sound effects use the one-shot volume?

Thanks!

mattekure
October 21st, 2021, 19:20
That's another good tip. I was wondering what that was for... So, just to be clear, music and moods use global volume and other sound effects use the one-shot volume?

Thanks!

Moods, Music, and SFX (Sound Effects) use the Global Volume

One Shots use the Global Oneshot volume

Those are the two options that Syrisncape gives me to edit

punisher5150
October 24th, 2021, 20:02
No. Any new updates will be pushed to both. In DMsGuild you will be able to access them by going to your library

So you will still have to update them from wherever you purchased, it sounds like. Ie: The Forge will not automatically update purchases from DMs Guild and vice versa.

mattekure
October 24th, 2021, 22:01
So you will still have to update them from wherever you purchased, it sounds like. Ie: The Forge will not automatically update purchases from DMs Guild and vice versa.

Correct.

amanwing
November 8th, 2021, 20:07
While experimenting with a theme it seems to have destroyed this module. I don't have the chat triggers anymore. There is nothing there in the library. I already did a new download of everything. Did not help.

mattekure
November 8th, 2021, 20:09
While experimenting with a theme it seems to have destroyed this module. I don't have the chat triggers anymore. There is nothing there in the library. I already did a new download of everything. Did not help.

There was an update yesterday to the triggers module where I forgot to remove the ruleset definition so it only showed up in 5e. A new one was pushed an hour or so ago. Try closing FG and forcing a new update to restore the module

amanwing
November 8th, 2021, 20:30
There was an update yesterday to the triggers module where I forgot to remove the ruleset definition so it only showed up in 5e. A new one was pushed an hour or so ago. Try closing FG and forcing a new update to restore the module
I use Forge so maybe that's why it takes longer? I updated 2 minutes ago but no change. I guess I will just try again tomorrow. Thanks for answering this so quick or else I would have spend the next hours searching for the problem.

mattekure
November 8th, 2021, 20:45
I use Forge so maybe that's why it takes longer? I updated 2 minutes ago but no change. I guess I will just try again tomorrow. Thanks for answering this so quick or else I would have spend the next hours searching for the problem.

Yup, another bug/oversight on my part. I am pushing a new update which should fix it.

mattekure
November 12th, 2021, 16:06
I have a new version compatible with the code currently in test. It will be released once that code goes live.

I have updated the first post with some important information, especially for Linux users. There are now links to Linux URI handlers for both Syrisncape Online and Fantasy/sci-fi players. So you should be able to use them directly from within linux.

chatty
December 1st, 2021, 01:16
Hi! This is super cool and I hope to make use of it. I also bought the chat triggers.

Is there a trick to NOT using a given trigger, or is the trick just to delete it?

I'm a little new to Forge based modules. If I delete it, will it regenerate itself the next time I start FG?

mattekure
December 1st, 2021, 01:27
Hi! This is super cool and I hope to make use of it. I also bought the chat triggers.

Is there a trick to NOT using a given trigger, or is the trick just to delete it?

I'm a little new to Forge based modules. If I delete it, will it regenerate itself the next time I start FG?

Yeah, the only way to turn off a trigger is to delete it.

It will not regenerate the next time you start FG. But if you start a new campaign it will be back. Once you delete triggers, the only way to get them back is to go to the library and use the Revert Changes option to restore the module back to default.

Oladahn
January 10th, 2022, 19:56
Sorry if this has been asked.

Really enjoying using this extension, using it in 'anger' later this month.

I am interested in using the advanced LUA patterns for chat triggers but really don't want to go through learning all the tedious ins and outs of learning LUA.

Is there a lazy persons/idiots guide to using a limited set of commands as used in the chat triggers?

Oladahn
January 10th, 2022, 20:17
For instance looking at several of the creature chat triggers, snakes, spiders for instance, the wording is;

^[Ss]nake$
^[Ss]nake%W
%W[Ss]nake$
%W[Ss]nake%W

Would I go far wrong copying this in most instances?

mattekure
January 11th, 2022, 02:10
Sorry if this has been asked.

Really enjoying using this extension, using it in 'anger' later this month.

I am interested in using the advanced LUA patterns for chat triggers but really don't want to go through learning all the tedious ins and outs of learning LUA.

Is there a lazy persons/idiots guide to using a limited set of commands as used in the chat triggers?

For the chat triggers, your options are to use simple exact match triggers or the advanced lua patterns.

For the simple patterns, it is an exact match of the text. This means the trigger has to be exact in spelling, capitalization, spaces, etc.
For the advanced patterns, you can do a whole lot more but it requires more time and effort to figure out how to use them.

If you dont have it, and are playing 5e, I do have a chat triggers module for sale with about 800 prebuilt triggers for various spells, attacks, etc. I've had many people use that as a basis for learning the more advanced pattern matching methods.

Merecraft
January 11th, 2022, 08:35
I'm absolutely loving this extension, thanks MK.
One small issue I'm having though... I'm not seeing the option to allow GM rolls to be hidden but still trigger sounds as described in the instructions. This is what I see:
Has that option been deprecated?
My version is 21, downloaded from the Forge a couple of days ago.

Oladahn
January 11th, 2022, 10:07
For the chat triggers, your options are to use simple exact match triggers or the advanced lua patterns.

For the simple patterns, it is an exact match of the text. This means the trigger has to be exact in spelling, capitalization, spaces, etc.
For the advanced patterns, you can do a whole lot more but it requires more time and effort to figure out how to use them.

If you dont have it, and are playing 5e, I do have a chat triggers module for sale with about 800 prebuilt triggers for various spells, attacks, etc. I've had many people use that as a basis for learning the more advanced pattern matching methods.

Hi, yes have bought the chat triggers module, it's where I got the info for the LUA pattern matching for snakes, spiders etc.

^[Ss]nake$
^[Ss]nake%W
%W[Ss]nake$
%W[Ss]nake%W

I don't have any 5thE stuff I have DnD 2nd E, Traveller 2ndE, Cthulhu, Pulp Cthulhu and Pathfinder 2ndE, about to run Against the Slave Lords (2ndE).

Incidentally while monkeying about I noticed that Cure Light Wounds didn't trigger the sound. Looking at the trigger it was set for 'cure wounds' so I added the 'light' and now all ok. I assume that this is due to a difference between the 2nd E spell and the 5th E spell?

mattekure
January 11th, 2022, 12:37
I'm absolutely loving this extension, thanks MK.
One small issue I'm having though... I'm not seeing the option to allow GM rolls to be hidden but still trigger sounds as described in the instructions. This is what I see:
Has that option been deprecated?
My version is 21, downloaded from the Forge a couple of days ago.

Yes. A recent FG update changed how interactions with the chat work. While the change did make the extension much more compatible with other extensions and much less likely to break, it did mean I had to remove that option. I am still looking for a workaround for it.

mattekure
January 11th, 2022, 12:47
Hi, yes have bought the chat triggers module, it's where I got the info for the LUA pattern matching for snakes, spiders etc.

^[Ss]nake$
^[Ss]nake%W
%W[Ss]nake$
%W[Ss]nake%W

I don't have any 5thE stuff I have DnD 2nd E, Traveller 2ndE, Cthulhu, Pulp Cthulhu and Pathfinder 2ndE, about to run Against the Slave Lords (2ndE).

Incidentally while monkeying about I noticed that Cure Light Wounds didn't trigger the sound. Looking at the trigger it was set for 'cure wounds' so I added the 'light' and now all ok. I assume that this is due to a difference between the 2nd E spell and the 5th E spell?

Awesome. In 5e, there is no Cure Light, or Cure XXX wounds spells. Its just Cure Wounds and if the caster is capable of using higher level spell slots, they can cast it at a higher level to do more healing. A sort of auto-scaling healing spell.

FYI, if you are interested in what those specific triggers mean, each of the 4 triggers is designed to pick up a different edge case.
^ = the message starts with, meaning this had to occur at the beginning of the text rather than somewhere in the middle
[Ss] = This will match either an uppercase S or a lowercase s
nake = must match these letters exactly, it will not pick up NAKE, NaKe, etc
$ = This is the end of the message.

So the first pattern matches the situation where the message starts with S or s, has the letters nake and then ends the message. So the entire message is just the word snake.

%W means to match a non-alphanumeric, so something that is not a letter or number such as a space.

So the second pattern matches a message that starts with the word snake, followed by a space then the rest of the message. It does not match if you have an alphanumeric character after snake, so it would not match snaker or snake1

The third matches a message where snake appears as the last word in the text with a space before it. so it would match where you put "This is a snake" but not "This is a ksnake"

The fourth just looks for snake somewhere in the middle of the text. "the dog ate the snake and the"...It only matches if "snake" is its own word and not in the middle of a larger word " the fiddlesnakes are playing"

Oladahn
January 11th, 2022, 13:27
Awesome. In 5e, there is no Cure Light, or Cure XXX wounds spells. Its just Cure Wounds and if the caster is capable of using higher level spell slots, they can cast it at a higher level to do more healing. A sort of auto-scaling healing spell.

FYI, if you are interested in what those specific triggers mean, each of the 4 triggers is designed to pick up a different edge case.
^ = the message starts with, meaning this had to occur at the beginning of the text rather than somewhere in the middle
[Ss] = This will match either an uppercase S or a lowercase s
nake = must match these letters exactly, it will not pick up NAKE, NaKe, etc
$ = This is the end of the message.

So the first pattern matches the situation where the message starts with S or s, has the letters nake and then ends the message. So the entire message is just the word snake.

%W means to match a non-alphanumeric, so something that is not a letter or number such as a space.

So the second pattern matches a message that starts with the word snake, followed by a space then the rest of the message. It does not match if you have an alphanumeric character after snake, so it would not match snaker or snake1

The third matches a message where snake appears as the last word in the text with a space before it. so it would match where you put "This is a snake" but not "This is a ksnake"

The fourth just looks for snake somewhere in the middle of the text. "the dog ate the snake and the"...It only matches if "snake" is its own word and not in the middle of a larger word " the fiddlesnakes are playing"

Thanks for that, I might have to try and look at getting a superficial understanding of LUA.
Problem is role playing is relaxation from work hassles (amongst other hassles) for me.

I'm currently dealing with a highly intermittent fault with an ILS associated DME, a highly intermittent fault on METCOM, struggling to get management agreeing on a way forward with GRF, struggling with getting management agreeing on a way forward with AFTN/AMHS implementation at a sister airport and several other work projects on the boil.

When I get home I just want to spend some time with the Mrs and spend some time prepping for the upcoming session and working on other scenarios. So what I might do is just use your examples for now when prepping a new trigger and research LUA in Feb/March time.

Thanks for this extension, can't wait to hear my players reaction the first time they cast a spell.

mattekure
January 11th, 2022, 13:38
For a more general overview of the topic, look into learning about Regular Expressions. There plenty of websites going over them
https://regexr.com/
https://regex101.com/

Luas pattern matching is just one flavor of the regular expressions with only minor changes.

Merecraft
January 11th, 2022, 15:46
Thanks for the quick response MK! Good to know I hadn't messed something up!

chatty
January 17th, 2022, 20:19
Is there any value in trimming the .csv to only sounds you might use?

I am a SuperSyrin, and my CSV is 20+ MB in size, so I am pondering deleting all the Cthulhu and sci-fi stuff and rebuilding the links module for my D&D game.

mattekure
January 17th, 2022, 21:36
Is there any value in trimming the .csv to only sounds you might use?

I am a SuperSyrin, and my CSV is 20+ MB in size, so I am pondering deleting all the Cthulhu and sci-fi stuff and rebuilding the links module for my D&D game.

The only impact it would have is to slightly shorten the initial load time. It wouldn’t really affect performance once the table is loaded

mattekure
May 18th, 2022, 20:20
v23 released.

With the release of FG v4.20, I have pushed v23.

Changelog:
4.20 introduced a new API call, Interface.openURL() which allows the code to make a web call and collect the response. For all Syrisncape Online users, I have converted all of the triggering functions to use this new superior method. The major benefit of this method is that it should now allow Mac/Linux users to function without requiring any 3rd party URI handler solutions. This new solution directly uses syrinscapes own web REST API to trigger the sound playback, so it should be more consistent and less prone to error. Any Mac/Linux users, if you get a chance please test the new version out with no URI handler installed to make sure it works. Everything seems like it should, but I dont have those systems to test on currently.

At the request of one user, I have made the volume control buttons draggable and linkable. So you can drag a volume button down to a shortcut bar, or into a story entry. These have also been modified to use the new URL and only work for Syrinscape Online.

Ballzack
July 22nd, 2022, 06:43
Has anyone had there entire chat trigger list disappear from only 1 campaign and all the rest were fine? I'm stumped. I cant figure out how it left or how to get them back in. I still have all 1000 pages of Syrinscape sounds but the Lost mines of Phandelver campaign I've been running lost all it's chat triggers earlier today. While all other campaigns in my list still have them.

mattekure
July 22nd, 2022, 15:28
Has anyone had there entire chat trigger list disappear from only 1 campaign and all the rest were fine? I'm stumped. I cant figure out how it left or how to get them back in. I still have all 1000 pages of Syrinscape sounds but the Lost mines of Phandelver campaign I've been running lost all it's chat triggers earlier today. While all other campaigns in my list still have them.

I've not seen that specifically. Have you double checked that you have the chat triggers module loaded? If it is loaded and the list still appears blank. you can try to go to the module window and revert changes. that should reset it back to default. The last thing you can try is to go into the campaign directory, look for a moduledb folder, and find the Syrinscape Chat Triggers.xml file in there. delete that one file, and restart and load the module. that will reset it back to default.

Urqy
December 26th, 2022, 23:35
Is anyone having issues with delayed sounds from chat triggers or from sound boards? If we play for a while (5 minutes) without sending across a sound request, the system seems to go to sleep. The next sound request (be it trigger or from a sound board) may take up to three minutes to activate in Syrinscape. Once it goes through, all subsequent sound requests are almost instantaneous from game to Syrinscape. After the combat, if we go into a lull of requests sent to Syrinscape for a period of time we'll see the lag again. FGU to Syrinscape Online Player.

mattekure
December 27th, 2022, 16:57
Is anyone having issues with delayed sounds from chat triggers or from sound boards? If we play for a while (5 minutes) without sending across a sound request, the system seems to go to sleep. The next sound request (be it trigger or from a sound board) may take up to three minutes to activate in Syrinscape. Once it goes through, all subsequent sound requests are almost instantaneous from game to Syrinscape. After the combat, if we go into a lull of requests sent to Syrinscape for a period of time we'll see the lag again. FGU to Syrinscape Online Player.

The delay isnt actually within the extension or FG. But with the browser that Syrinscape Online is playing on. Many browsers will time out audio if the tab does not have focus. They do this for various reasons, to save memory, processing for stuff you dont appear to be actively listening to. I find that I have to keep the browser window open and the tab selected to ensure that audio doesnt get interrupted. If you find additional delays even with the browser open and focused, there is always a possibility there is something going on with the syrinscape servers. You can try switching which server you are on in the online soundset creator.

https://i.imgur.com/TiP7TaB.png

Urqy
December 29th, 2022, 18:05
Thanks! I tried switching browsers and did some experiments.

webdove
May 12th, 2023, 19:17
Hi,

Has it become possible to transfer the license from DMSGuild to Forge?

I have had it since 8/13/2020 and love it, but I think using forge updates would be simpler.

Thanks

Web Dove

mattekure
May 12th, 2023, 19:20
Hi,

Has it become possible to transfer the license from DMSGuild to Forge?

I have had it since 8/13/2020 and love it, but I think using forge updates would be simpler.

Thanks

Web Dove

No, there is no way to transfer the license at this time.

Lexfire
May 13th, 2023, 17:40
Just purchased sound links extension - the upload and setup was easy to follow for online use - and the extension saves a ton of time on managing sounds - thank you.

Question - when setting up a sound board you can run multiple buttons to overlap multiple sounds - is there a way within sound board to toggle a sound button on and off if needed. it would be helpful if the button of the active sound running was a different color on the board and could be clicked again to toggle off. Right now I am using the syrinscape website to turn all sounds off. I will look through the wiki again for any suggestions.

amanwing
July 16th, 2023, 12:37
Just purchased sound links extension - the upload and setup was easy to follow for online use - and the extension saves a ton of time on managing sounds - thank you.

Question - when setting up a sound board you can run multiple buttons to overlap multiple sounds - is there a way within sound board to toggle a sound button on and off if needed. it would be helpful if the button of the active sound running was a different color on the board and could be clicked again to toggle off. Right now I am using the syrinscape website to turn all sounds off. I will look through the wiki again for any suggestions.

does this work with the new Syrinscape integration in FG? If so how can I import the Chat Triggers?

mattekure
July 17th, 2023, 18:03
does this work with the new Syrinscape integration in FG? If so how can I import the Chat Triggers?

My extension does not interact in any way with the FG implementation. the only way to import triggers is manually.