PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-33: Data Breach SAT January 25th @ 10 AM GMT

Malkavian_Andi
January 22nd, 2020, 18:30
Tier 3-6. As I have been specifically asked for a scenario to play a 5th level character in, you are encouraged to bring characters for subtier 5-6, but don't feel forced to do so.

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game.
Unfortunately, I can't do a later start time that day, as I have another game in the evening.

About the scenario:

Following up on previous intelligence about a broad conspiracy against the Society, the PCs undertake a daring raid against a fortified complex near a city within the Pact Worlds. With only a limited amount of time to breach the site and retrieve valuable data before an automated system scrubs the files, the PCs need to use all their skills in order to complete this mission in a race against the clock.

Scenario Tags: Faction (Dataphiles)

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and either Teamspeak or Discord, depending on player preferences.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3747), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, please send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want play. If you don't have a digital version of your last chronicle sheet, just fill out all the necessary information on your character's Society tab after the game. Please note that I will also need to know your character's current reputation with the Dataphiles faction, regardless of which faction boon you'll actually slot.

Please either send me your character's xml file or upload/build the character before the game. If you need extra time to do so, please let me know so I can have the server up on time. I'f you'd like to play a pregenerated character, please either provide an xml file or let me know in advance so I can create the character.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias can be found in the game calendar.

mizinamo
January 22nd, 2020, 18:55
I would like to play with Maya, a level 3 soldier/level 1 operative (CL 4).

She has no reputation with the Dataphiles faction yet. She's currently championing the Acquisitives.

She's bringing along a hireling (a pair of brenneri envoys) who helps her out with bluffing, diplomacy, and intimidation.

jgreishaw
January 22nd, 2020, 20:08
Jason Steel Level 5 sharpshooter soldier

xazil
January 22nd, 2020, 20:21
Sorry math fail. A bit too early/late a start.

HoloGnome
January 23rd, 2020, 02:33
Dyzx/4 - I could have sworn I hit the discussion thread link...but I was also on my phone.

jgreishaw
January 24th, 2020, 12:09
@Malkavian_Andi Can you have the server up @ 9 PM GMT tonight?

mizinamo
January 24th, 2020, 12:23
Since we're only three so far, I assume we'll have a level-4 pregen joining us.

Does anyone have any preferences for class? Maya is hopeless at computers and engineering, so perhaps Quig, the Mechanic?

Malkavian_Andi
January 24th, 2020, 16:35
You will definitely need some kind of Computers and Engineering, either on a character, on a hireling, or in this case on a pregen. The scenario actually recommends slotting a hireling with bonuses to Computers and Engineering if no PC has those skills.
Quig is an obvious choice when going for Computers and Engineering. Raja, the technomancer, has good bonuses in those skills as well.

And sure, I can have the server up.

HoloGnome
January 24th, 2020, 20:59
Dyzx: +9 on Engineering, +2 on Computers; +18 Engineering to identify; +13 Engineering to disable traps.

Raia: Computers +14; Engineering +11;
Quiq: Computers +11; Engineering +13
Iseph: Computers +10; Engineering +10;

Depending the specific skill use, Dyzx may be helpful. But, Raia is probably a good choice.

...and just confirming that I know this game is 2AM Pacific on Saturday.

Malkavian_Andi
January 24th, 2020, 23:35
...and just confirming that I know this game is 2AM Pacific on Saturday.As faras I can see, that should be correct.

mizinamo
January 25th, 2020, 09:27
Raia is probably a good choice.

Raia sounds good to me, too, especially since from the description, I can imagine that Computers might be a little more in demand than Engineering.

jgreishaw
January 25th, 2020, 09:44
@Malkavian_Andi Mizi and I can't connect to the server. Please advise if it is up already.

Malkavian_Andi
January 25th, 2020, 09:49
server is up

HoloGnome
January 26th, 2020, 00:50
Thanks, Andi - fun game!