PDA

View Full Version : Setting or Changing Size and Reach of Tokens?

MaxAstro
January 20th, 2020, 05:22
I can't see from the entry on Tokens how to do this.

I have a couple Small PCs in my party (which doesn't affect anything mechanically obviously but it would be nice to have their tokens be a little smaller) and a warpriest who often casts Enlarge. I know I can CTRL+mousewheel to change the token scale, but that doesn't affect reach - and for the Small PCs I'd have to do it every time since they always default to medium. Is there a way to switch to a specific size/reach?

Trenloe
January 20th, 2020, 09:01
Size/reach is set once the PC is added to the combat tracker. See "Map settings" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Tracker

However, this won’t make any difference for small creatures - if you want to show a smaller token then you’ll need to manually change the size once added to a map.

MaxAstro
January 20th, 2020, 15:12
Ah, I see. So when the cleric casts Enlarge, I would delete his token, change his size and reach on the combat tracker, and then drag a new token for him from the tracker?

Makes sense, thanks!

Larsenex
January 20th, 2020, 15:33
I think you can unlock the tokens scale on the map and mousewheel to enlarge or small as needed and set reach in the combat tracker.

Zacchaeus
January 20th, 2020, 15:35
You don't need to delete the token. Simply changing the size and reach on the CT is enough to show the new size and reach on the map when the token is selected. If you want the token to actually look bigger hold down CTRL and use the Mouse wheel to make it bigger.

One of these videos demonstrates this - but I can't remember which one :) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49957-Combat-Tracker-Videos&p=444203#post444203

MaxAstro
January 20th, 2020, 16:04
I run FG on a tablet, so deleting and replacing the token is faster for me than having to grab my mouse to resize it - and I definitely want the token to actually look bigger. It's way less fun for my cleric player if he can't actually see his token get massive when he casts Enlarge. :)

Atreides Ghola
June 25th, 2021, 15:15
Sorry, wrong forum. Thought I was in the SWFFG thread.