PDA

View Full Version : Is there an effect to temporarily buff passive perception?

YggBjorn
January 19th, 2020, 21:13
I have added the Raven Queen warlock patron to my game. There is a feature called Sentinel Raven. Part of the description states "While the raven is perched on your shoulder, you gain darkvision with a range of 30 feet and a bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier."

I have an effect button added to the character sheet for the perception skill check. Is there a way to buff the passive perception with an effect?

LordEntrails
January 19th, 2020, 21:31
I don't believe FG has a separate skill roll for passive perception. So, just change the value on your character sheet for passive perception so the DM knows what the value is, if you assume the raven is usually present, or create a information only effect for the CT ('Sentinel; passive Perception 16').

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2020, 21:32
Not with an effect, no.

But if you notice at the top right of the Perception box on the first tab of the character sheet there is a little cross. Mouse over the cross untel you see a hand icon on then use the scroll wheel whilst holding CTRL to add a bonus to the passive perception.

YggBjorn
January 20th, 2020, 00:21
create a information only effect for the CT ('Sentinel; passive Perception 16')

That is a good idea!