PDA

View Full Version : Help With An Effect

Echomikedelta
January 17th, 2020, 05:00
I have never written a condition or effect. I am trying to do my first one but I am having problems grasping it. Could someone please help me with writing this condition.

bleeding
There are 6 levels of Bleeding. Whenever you gain a level of Bleeding, you suffer necrotic damage at the start of each of your turns, until you or an ally take an action to succeed on a DC Wisdom (Wound-wise) check to apply a bandage.
• Level 1: 1d4 (DC 11)
• Level 2: 1d6 (DC 13)
• Level 3: 1d8 (DC 15)
• Level 4: 1d10 (DC 17)
• Level 5: 1d12 (DC 19)
• Level 6: 1d20 (DC 21)

If I can see how this is written, I am pretty sure I can do the rest of them myself.

Ckorik
January 17th, 2020, 05:02
These are pretty ruleset specific - so what ruleset are you trying to figure out?

LordEntrails
January 17th, 2020, 05:18
Are you looking for an extension that will add this condition similar to the D&D 5E Exhaustion condition or are you looking just for an effect that can be added to a creature in the combat tracker?

Echomikedelta
January 17th, 2020, 05:23
Just an effect that can be added to a creature in the combat tracker would work I think.

Echomikedelta
January 17th, 2020, 05:26
This is for 5e btw.

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2020, 10:20
The only effect that would be useful is the DMGO: effect which will automatically apply a damage dice at the start of the creatures turn. So DMGO: 1d4, necrotic will roll a d4 and apply that amount of damage to the creature when it is their turn on the CT.

There isn't a way to make this cumulative; so you would need to have effects set up for each level of damage and if the recipient suffered another level then you would need to remove the previous level and add the new one. So if they already have an effect of DMGO: 1d4, necrotic and they suffer another wound then you would remove that effect and add a new one of DMGO: 1d6, necrotic.