PDA

View Full Version : [BUG][MAC] Using arrow keys to change character's name insert "squares"

Chris CB
January 14th, 2020, 21:24
When using arrow keys on the title field, the cursor doesn't move and squares are inserted.

Platform : MacOS X 10.14.6
Rule Set : Savage Worlds

BubaDragon
January 16th, 2020, 19:19
This is going to be either an issue with the interpreter or the Hypervisor. If you are not using Parallels, VMWare, or some other Hypervisor then you are running FG in WINE which acts as an interpreter between the Windows application (FG) and the OS (macOS 10.14.6). I use both and have never seen this issue so I am going to suspect configuration settings. I know it's not much help, but I'm not at home on my iMac to test this for you.

notrealdan
January 16th, 2020, 19:49
This is going to be either an issue with the interpreter or the Hypervisor. If you are not using Parallels, VMWare, or some other Hypervisor then you are running FG in WINE which acts as an interpreter between the Windows application (FG) and the OS (macOS 10.14.6). I use both and have never seen this issue so I am going to suspect configuration settings. I know it's not much help, but I'm not at home on my iMac to test this for you.

That's true of FG Classic, but there's a native Mac client for FG Unity now. My guess is that's what's being used here.

BubaDragon
January 17th, 2020, 12:54
oops, didn't check what thread this was in...
I'm old give me a break!

Chris CB
February 13th, 2020, 13:09
That's true of FG Classic, but there's a native Mac client for FG Unity now. My guess is that's what's being used here.
You're right, I'm using the native macosx version. No Wine (except in a glass) or Parallels.

The bug is still there.

Platform : MacOS X 10.14.6
SaWo : 5.1
Beasts And Barbarians v1.0
Fantasy Companion v1.2

FGU and modules are up to date.

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2020, 17:28
Thanks for verifying. As I mentioned in another recent similarly reported thread, it is now being tracked as task FGU-879.

Thanks,
JPG