PDA

View Full Version : 5E Bug reports (2020)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2020, 14:14
Time to retire the old thread again. In a break with tradition I've named this thread with the year rather than a number. I hope you like this new, forward-thinking idea :)

All issues reported in the previous thread have been fixed, or have been noted for fixing. You can view the retired thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49201-5e-Bug-Reports-(Part-5)) and a list of updates to current modules can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-City-Hall). You can also find a list of Patch notes here.
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)
Please report all 5e related bug reports below. That is anything to do with the ruleset and any modules whether core (PHB, MM, DMG) or adventure or other modules.

Please give sufficient information in your report so that the bug can be easily traced or replicated.

Bonkon
January 11th, 2020, 20:28
Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
Good Day All
Not a bug, but a misplacement of an item in Rise of Tiamat Xonthals Tower.
In the Laboratory P7-06.16 Encounter it has a Shoebox Chest. This item should be in the Elemental Checkpoint P7-06.15

Thanks
I'm not seeing this. The chest is in the correct location as far as I can see. There's nothing in P7-16.16 parcel wise but there is one on P7-06.15. Can you check in a new campaign just in case something has been edited in yours?

Good Day Zaccheaus :)
Sorry for the formatting but I do not know a clean way to Copy/Paste from the old thread.

I opened a new campaign, reverted the module and opened the Reference Manual to Xolthals Tower then opened Laboratory then the Encounter and I still see the Elementals and a Shoebox Chest.
It is not in the Parcel but in the Encounter.

Paperclipkiller
January 11th, 2020, 20:41
Curse of Strahd

02.05.00 Random Encounters in Barovia

Small typo, "Link: Strahs' Spies" should say "Link: Strahd's Spies"

02.05.04 Strahd's Spies

Small typo, "Possible Spy: Sward of Bats" should say "Possible Spy: Swarm of Bats".

Paperclipkiller
January 11th, 2020, 21:47
Curse of Strahd

Here's a fun one that isn't a bug but something not consistent I want to ask about. I'll use an example in the Module since it happens in many places. "06.01 Approaching the Windmill" has a thing on the bottom saying "Navigation Shortcuts" at the bottom. It links to the Root section, "Up" which basically goes up a section (maybe should be called "Previous" instead of "Up"?), and "Next". However the "Up" section and the "Next" sections don't lead back to 06.01 at all. Should these "Navigation Shortcuts" even be there when they can't be gotten to back and forth? The thing is, I can see the original Module creators intent I believe. You click "Next" which brings you to the next part in the book, which makes for really easy reading when wanting to read through it all. But the time putting in all the "Navigation Shortcuts" that should be there would be a huge, niche timesink. So it may just be better to remove the "Navigation Shortcuts" from where they are? Curse of Strahd seems to be the only Module that has them, although I didn't look through all module to be honest. Just a few.

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2020, 22:21
Curse of Strahd

Here's a fun one that isn't a bug but something not consistent I want to ask about. I'll use an example in the Module since it happens in many places. "06.01 Approaching the Windmill" has a thing on the bottom saying "Navigation Shortcuts" at the bottom. It links to the Root section, "Up" which basically goes up a section (maybe should be called "Previous" instead of "Up"?), and "Next". However the "Up" section and the "Next" sections don't lead back to 06.01 at all. Should these "Navigation Shortcuts" even be there when they can't be gotten to back and forth? The thing is, I can see the original Module creators intent I believe. You click "Next" which brings you to the next part in the book, which makes for really easy reading when wanting to read through it all. But the time putting in all the "Navigation Shortcuts" that should be there would be a huge, niche timesink. So it may just be better to remove the "Navigation Shortcuts" from where they are? Curse of Strahd seems to be the only Module that has them, although I didn't look through all module to be honest. Just a few.

When Curse of Strahd was first developed we didn't have the navigational arrows at the bottom of Story and Reference sections. At that time we would include navigation shortcuts to the next page; the current chapter head and the main index on every page. We also used to create an index for every chapter as well most of the time.

However things moved on and we got the navigation shortcuts and we also started adding reference manuals to adventure modules and so the need for those navigation shortcuts lapsed. So, in some of the older modules there may still be such shortcuts at the bottom of each story entry, but I am deleting them as I update the older modules.

Now, having said that, in fact I updated Curse of Strahd a few weeks back and all of those shortcuts are no longer there and there is a reference section too. If you are still seeing the shortcuts at the bottom of a page then the most likely explanation is that you have edited that page and so that will be over-riding the module

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2020, 22:25
Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
Good Day All
Not a bug, but a misplacement of an item in Rise of Tiamat Xonthals Tower.
In the Laboratory P7-06.16 Encounter it has a Shoebox Chest. This item should be in the Elemental Checkpoint P7-06.15

Thanks
I'm not seeing this. The chest is in the correct location as far as I can see. There's nothing in P7-16.16 parcel wise but there is one on P7-06.15. Can you check in a new campaign just in case something has been edited in yours?

Good Day Zaccheaus :)
Sorry for the formatting but I do not know a clean way to Copy/Paste from the old thread.

I opened a new campaign, reverted the module and opened the Reference Manual to Xolthals Tower then opened Laboratory then the Encounter and I still see the Elementals and a Shoebox Chest.
It is not in the Parcel but in the Encounter.

Right, right. I misread your post. You are correct there is indeed a trap in the wrong encounter. I'll note that for fixing.

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2020, 22:26
Curse of Strahd

02.05.00 Random Encounters in Barovia

Small typo, "Link: Strahs' Spies" should say "Link: Strahd's Spies"

02.05.04 Strahd's Spies

Small typo, "Possible Spy: Sward of Bats" should say "Possible Spy: Swarm of Bats".

Noted.

NuclearMonkey
January 12th, 2020, 12:37
Tomb of Annihilation

Chult Rumors table

51-55 roll missing description of airship Star Goddess. Everything after "called the" missing.

4wire
January 14th, 2020, 17:22
Had a bunch of image errors in Acquisition Inc rule reference material yesterday night. Will add screenshots tonight.

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2020, 19:02
Had a bunch of image errors in Acquisition Inc rule reference material yesterday night. Will add screenshots tonight.

That has already been fixed and the update was released today

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2020, 19:03
Tomb of Annihilation

Chult Rumors table

51-55 roll missing description of airship Star Goddess. Everything after "called the" missing.

Noted

4wire
January 15th, 2020, 02:35
That has already been fixed and the update was released today

Hum. Still have problems like
- Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Chapter 1.jpg)
- Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Treasure.jpg)

Also, only the Players and Adventures mod show in the "modules" window, the DM module is not even there to load.

I tried deleting the WOTC5EAI.dat, reinstalling it and no luck.

If I open the dat file as a zip and browse around, none of the "images" folders have these files in them.

15.01.2020 02:42:21] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[15.01.2020 02:42:21] Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
[15.01.2020 02:42:22] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[15.01.2020 02:42:41] Runtime Notice: Refreshing alias
[15.01.2020 02:42:41] Runtime Notice: Alias refresh result = Success
[15.01.2020 02:42:42] Runtime Notice: Host session started
[15.01.2020 02:42:49] Ruleset Warning: Font (Common): Windows replaced specified font face (DnD Thorass) with (Arial)
[15.01.2020 02:42:53] Runtime Notice: s'Local Dice Tower Extension
5E ruleset supported.'
[15.01.2020 02:47:53] Database Notice: Campaign saved.
[15.01.2020 02:48:02] Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Chapter 1.jpg)
[15.01.2020 02:48:53] Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Chapter 1.jpg)
[15.01.2020 02:48:55] Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Chapter 2.jpg)
[15.01.2020 02:49:01] Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Decisionist.jpg)
[15.01.2020 02:49:01] Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Coin of Decisionry.jpg)
[15.01.2020 02:52:53] Database Notice: Campaign saved.
[15.01.2020 02:57:53] Database Notice: Campaign saved.

MANIFEST REQUEST
Checking package WOTC5EAI for updates
MANIFEST XML - WOTC5EAI
<productmanifest>
<name>WOTC5EAI</name>
<version>1.0.0</version>
<manifest>
<file>
<name>modules/DD Acquisitions Incorporated Adventures.mod</name>
<size>20095217</size>
<hash>4ffb74a99c3ffe7a3d371d6bd2bcf5a608a66ca8</hash>
</file>
<file>
<name>modules/DD Acquisitions Incorporated.mod</name>
<size>6726101</size>
<hash>711163993853bef9fa6a7be20cef4b2e1242c8e6</hash>
</file>
<file>
<name>modules/DD Acquisitions Incorporated Players.mod</name>
<size>4492333</size>
<hash>e6db1c0c96341343132d50090bfc0ac0846c0b8e</hash>
</file>
</manifest>
</productmanifest>

Edit: Running v3.3.9

Zacchaeus
January 15th, 2020, 10:54
Hum. Still have problems like
- Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Chapter 1.jpg)
- Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Treasure.jpg)

Also, only the Players and Adventures mod show in the "modules" window, the DM module is not even there to load.

Indeed, there is still an issue with the images; I'll let the developer know.

As far as I know there are only two modules the Players one and the Adventures one (which is a DM only module).

4wire
January 15th, 2020, 15:52
Indeed, there is still an issue with the images; I'll let the developer know.

As far as I know there are only two modules the Players one and the Adventures one (which is a DM only module).

Ok, that may be my memory being fuzzy and me getting confused by the manifest that lists 3 seperate mod files.

TVDinner
January 15th, 2020, 21:27
Reproduction sequence:

DM creates new 5E campaign on ultimate, load PHB
demo client connects, loads PHB.
demo client creates character Bob.
DM creates bard Carol.
DM gives Carol a portrait (the upper left box in char sheet).
DM drags Bane spell to Carol's actions tab.
DM drags Carol's upper left portrait on char sheet to Bob's in picture upper left of FG. Demo client shows Carol's char sheet.
DM's Carol char sheet for the Bane "Save" action says DC 10.
demo client's Carol char sheet for the Bane "Save" action says DC 8.
Dragging the bane "Save" icon to a victim orc in combat tracker shows the proper DC for DM and wrong DC for demo player.

If the demo player closes the shared char sheet, opens up the PCs window, and claims ownership of Carol, the demo client's DC shows 10 and works correctly.

I'm not even sure if sharing PC records is supposed to work with DCs. Dragging Carol's combat tracker icon to Bob's picture doesn't do anything. This should be enough info to figure out what I'm talking about but if not, holler.

Enjoy.

Zacchaeus
January 15th, 2020, 21:52
The bit I'm not clear about is when you drag Carol's portrait and drop it on Bob's picture on the top left. This isn't how you share a character (assuming that this is what you are intending to do - if not then what is it you are hoping to achieve by doing this).

If the DM creates a character any player can simply open the Character selection screen and claim the character by clicking on it. If the player already has the character selection screen open when the character was created the player will need to refresh the selection by closing the window and re-opening it. If someone already has ownership of the character (player or DM) then the DM can right click on the portrait in the character selection screen and select clear ownership.

4wire
January 16th, 2020, 00:42

After a bit of investigation, pretty sure there should be a DM module which also contains the appendices. It's not showing in the modules at all. That may help the person investigating the issue.

Zacchaeus
January 16th, 2020, 01:20
After a bit of investigation, pretty sure there should be a DM module which also contains the appendices. It's not showing in the modules at all. That may help the person investigating the issue.
Indeed, on checking I discovered that there is a third module. No doubt Rob2e is fixing it even as we speak.

TVDinner
January 16th, 2020, 05:17
The bit I'm not clear about is when you drag Carol's portrait and drop it on Bob's picture on the top left. This isn't how you share a character (assuming that this is what you are intending to do - if not then what is it you are hoping to achieve by doing this).

If the DM creates a character any player can simply open the Character selection screen and claim the character by clicking on it. If the player already has the character selection screen open when the character was created the player will need to refresh the selection by closing the window and re-opening it. If someone already has ownership of the character (player or DM) then the DM can right click on the portrait in the character selection screen and select clear ownership.

I agree it was the wrong way to share a PC record. I was originally running the NPC/Carol myself. I know one of the players tends to play around with everything so I had marked Carol as DM-owned. And promptly forgot about doing that until I was trying to troubleshoot the funny DC using a stock 5E campaign. For tonight's game I cleared DM ownership and let the player have it.

4wire
January 16th, 2020, 15:07
Indeed, on checking I discovered that there is a third module. No doubt Rob2e is fixing it even as we speak.

Good news! Thanks for the update. Next game is Monday. Crossing my fingers!

DWainio
January 17th, 2020, 02:17
I noticed a few issues with the Eberon add on.

I also have the Unearthed Arcana module loaded. Artificer from Eberon does not show in classes as from Eberron. Only the Unearthed Arcana one shows.

With the races (Shifter, Changling and Warforged) the source tags are reversed. The older UA entry is tagged as Eberrons and the reverse. I have the hardcopy so I was able to make sure the text from the book is what showed up as UA content.

The Artificer seemed to be the older UA info as there was a fourth subclass listed that gut cut from the Eberron book so I assume I am correct that no Eberron tagged entry under class for Artificer is showing.

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2020, 10:33
I noticed a few issues with the Eberon add on.

I also have the Unearthed Arcana module loaded. Artificer from Eberon does not show in classes as from Eberron. Only the Unearthed Arcana one shows.

With the races (Shifter, Changling and Warforged) the source tags are reversed. The older UA entry is tagged as Eberrons and the reverse. I have the hardcopy so I was able to make sure the text from the book is what showed up as UA content.

The Artificer seemed to be the older UA info as there was a fourth subclass listed that gut cut from the Eberron book so I assume I am correct that no Eberron tagged entry under class for Artificer is showing.

I'm not sure what you mean. Unearthed Arcana is playtest material and once something is included in an official source book the UA material is obsolete, and it is likely that things will have changed between the UA article's publication and the official book.

Artificer is in the Eberron, Rising from the Last War book but not in the Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron (which may be what you are talking about).

As regards the races I am not sure what you mean by source tags. All three races appear in UA and then in Wayfarer's Guide and also in Eberron Rising From the Last war. I have not compared the content of all three but I assume that there have been changes along the way. The definitive one will be the last book published (Last War).

If this doesn't answer your questions can you let me have more details please.

Paperclipkiller
January 18th, 2020, 21:26
Curse of Strahd

I have no doubts you already know about this one. "Map - Yester Hill" the battlemap isn't to scale. Each square is supposed to be 50 feet but the battlemap is sized as if it is 5ft a square. But man that would be a huge map then, so I have no idea what can actually be "fixed" about it. The encounters are put on the map, but they aren't accurate due to the map not being to scale.

Zacchaeus
January 18th, 2020, 22:05
Curse of Strahd

I have no doubts you already know about this one. "Map - Yester Hill" the battlemap isn't to scale. Each square is supposed to be 50 feet but the battlemap is sized as if it is 5ft a square. But man that would be a huge map then, so I have no idea what can actually be "fixed" about it. The encounters are put on the map, but they aren't accurate due to the map not being to scale.

:)

And there is at least one more like it. Originally there were no encounters placed and the map didn't have a grid. But I put one on and placed the encounters since I thought that was better than nothing.

Paperclipkiller
January 18th, 2020, 22:26
Welp. I was just looking at the map since I am using it for a homebrew campaign. That's what I get haha.

Funny enough I have another thing for Curse of Strahd. For the Babbling Druid NPC, it has the "Action Gulthias Staff". This is fine, minus the fact it regains HP equal to the damage dealt. It should only be able to do it to a max of 10 times. This is because the Staff has a max of 10 charges. Also, the Shillelagh attack it has using the Gulthias Staff should also be able to do the HP restore. It does mention higher in the sheet with the Vampiric Strike trait that it requires charges but the action reads as if it always happens.

Zacchaeus
January 18th, 2020, 22:45
Welp. I was just looking at the map since I am using it for a homebrew campaign. That's what I get haha.

Funny enough I have another thing for Curse of Strahd. For the Babbling Druid NPC, it has the "Action Gulthias Staff". This is fine, minus the fact it regains HP equal to the damage dealt. It should only be able to do it to a max of 10 times. This is because the Staff has a max of 10 charges. Also, the Shillelagh attack it has using the Gulthias Staff should also be able to do the HP restore. It does mention higher in the sheet with the Vampiric Strike trait that it requires charges but the action reads as if it always happens.
There is no wording which would create a heal effect based on damage. There’s also no way for an NPC to have a limit on an item use. It’s also unlikely that an NPC will last 10 rounds :)

Paperclipkiller
January 19th, 2020, 18:19
There is no wording which would create a heal effect based on damage. There’s also no way for an NPC to have a limit on an item use. It’s also unlikely that an NPC will last 10 rounds :)

Right, but as it reads, the action "Gulthias Staff" doesn't actually require a charge to use. The wording should either be removed for the DM to choose to do Vampiric Strike, or it should specify in the action the regain hit points requires using Vampiric Strike. Otherwise the Babbling Druid can use the Gulthias Staff Action AND the Vampiric Strike Trait at the same time, doubling up on the healing due to it not being overlapping abilities. Because the healing isn't mentioned in the "Quarterstaff (Shillelagh)" Action, it is either missing the mention of the healing the "Gulthias Staff" that it should also have or the "Gulthias Staff" shouldn't be mentioning the healing.

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2020, 21:44
Ok, I see what you mean. I'll play about with the wording. I should probably also remove the Shillelagh action and incorporate that into the Gulthias staff line as well.

DWainio
January 19th, 2020, 22:48
I mean I bought the Unearthed Arcana FG "module" a while back. Anything from it is noted as being from UA, just like I have multiple entries for some things noting different source books. If you go to say races, and then under Elves or whatever there might be more than one "elf" thing to open and you can see which source it is from.

The UA and Ebberon source tags are reversed. And the Artificer won't show at all. I suppose I can turn off the UA module and see what happens although one of my PCs is using a thing or two from the older UA (not related to Eberron content).

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2020, 23:11
I mean I bought the Unearthed Arcana FG "module" a while back. Anything from it is noted as being from UA, just like I have multiple entries for some things noting different source books. If you go to say races, and then under Elves or whatever there might be more than one "elf" thing to open and you can see which source it is from.

The UA and Ebberon source tags are reversed. And the Artificer won't show at all. I suppose I can turn off the UA module and see what happens although one of my PCs is using a thing or two from the older UA (not related to Eberron content).

I'm going to need an image to see what you mean. In my image I can see the Artificer and I can see exactly where each Elf race is from. Are you not seeing this? Or am I still not really understanding what you mean?

DWainio
January 22nd, 2020, 03:08
I figured out the malfunction. I accidentally bought the wayfarer's guide instead of the after the last war. Didn't realize that the old, outdated module was still for sale. The info in that is different, there is no Artillerist, etc. Just bought the actual one I needed and I assume it will function as expected.

Tyrannosaurus VeX
January 23rd, 2020, 01:57
I found a typo in Xanathar's "Control Winds" spell entry. Just an extra space in the word "damage".

https://i.imgur.com/XPabi1V.jpg

notrealdan
January 23rd, 2020, 02:38
I found a typo in Xanathar's "Control Winds" spell entry. Just an extra space in the word "damage".

https://i.imgur.com/XPabi1V.jpg

Good catch. There's also some extra text just before the "Updraft" title in the XGtE "Players" module, in addition to the "dam-age" typo (that appears in both the DM and players modules).
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31311

Zacchaeus
January 23rd, 2020, 10:27
Noted.

Minty23185Fresh
January 23rd, 2020, 23:18
Hi Zacchaeus.
5e Player Handbook (maybe SRD too, I didn't check)
Spells: Hex
Wrong Effect Expenditure: [ROLL]

When I drag the Hex spell on to my player character sheet, the "Expend" property of the Effect is set to "On next roll" instead of "Never". This causes the Effect to disappear from the caster when damage is applied to the target. I believe this to be incorrect. The spell is more persistent than that.

Thank you.

Zacchaeus
January 23rd, 2020, 23:53
Difficult one I think. I’m unsure if this one is one of the overrides or whether the effect is created by the parser. It also may be correct to apply the effect for only the next roll since it only procs if there is an attack. So it would not be correct to have it apply to a spell. Finally this is one of those that are best used with the CUSTOM function, so everyone will be ignoring the dragged in effect and creating their own anyway.

4wire
January 24th, 2020, 14:08
Difficult one I think. I’m unsure if this one is one of the overrides or whether the effect is created by the parser. It also may be correct to apply the effect for only the next roll since it only procs if there is an attack. So it would not be correct to have it apply to a spell. Finally this is one of those that are best used with the CUSTOM function, so everyone will be ignoring the dragged in effect and creating their own anyway.

It does apply to spell attacks.

It probably comes from the parser.

Zacchaeus
January 24th, 2020, 14:43
It does apply to spell attacks.

It probably comes from the parser.

The spell indicates that you get the extra damage when you hit it with an attack; therefore in the case of most spells you wouldn't get the extra damage. I agree that you would get the extra damage if the spell requires an attack roll; but if it doesn't you don't get the extra damage.

I suspect it is the parser which is creating the effect for this one. And as I say the effect is best used with the CUSTOM tag anyway.

LordEntrails
January 24th, 2020, 14:48
IMO, if the built in parser is creating an action/effect that is not accurate (and not usable as is) then it should probably be removed. I suspect that is something Moon Wizard will need to look at as I don't think it's something that can be corrected in the module.

Minty23185Fresh
January 24th, 2020, 14:56
Respectively, I disagreed with both of you to a degree. As 4wire states it has to do with parsing. But, I believe, it’s because the spell effect has been saved that way. Some time ago, within the last year or so, the Hex spell’s effect has been saved that way. I created a warlock about a year ago, and though not positive, I am pretty certain the Expires property was not set to “On next roll”. Because in the past year the effect has worked fine. In a campaign I am starting, one of my players created a warlock, and the Expires property is wrong.

I am very, very certain that the effects parser can be overridden and the overriding values saved to the exported module. When I created the Psionic Class Implementor module and extension I did just that. For every psionic, I added or adjusted (the parser output) the effects. I believe that is just what has happened to Hex. The Expires property has inadvertently been changed and has been exported to the PHB module that way.

Minty23185Fresh
January 24th, 2020, 15:01
I should be able to test my theory, I’ll create a spell with the Hex verbiage and see what the parser does to it. Unfortunately I have do that in another 6 hours, I’m tied up until then. (Of course I’ll report back.) Thanks guys, all three of you.

LordEntrails
January 24th, 2020, 15:05
I should be able to test my theory, I’ll create a spell with the Hex verbiage and see what the parser does to it. Unfortunately I have do that in another 6 hours, I’m tied up until then. (Of course I’ll report back.) Thanks guys, all three of you.
Thank you for delving deeper into this :)

Zacchaeus
January 24th, 2020, 15:50

Looks like it is.

Arwarkr
January 24th, 2020, 16:02
I've found several instances of "groups" (for the purpose of filtering entries, e.g. in the "Images & Maps" window) being inconsistently named both within and across modules. Here are the instances that I've found:

- Every group related to Curse of Strahd in the Images & Maps window starts with "Curse of Strahd" - which is great. There is, however, one group called "DD Curse of Strahd" which contains only one image (showing a rat, probably belonging to "Curse of Strahd - NPCs)
- Items: DD Curse of Strahd Players
- Tables: DD Curse of Strahd Players
- Tables: DD DMG (all chapters)
- Tables: Vols [sic] Guide to Monsters Players

Having all of these categories adhere to the same formatting would make navigating these windows easier.

Zacchaeus
January 24th, 2020, 16:34
Haha, I obviously missed the rat when I updated CoS recently. I changed all the groups for that one and clearly forgot the rat.

I've noted all of these and thanks for reporting.

Paperclipkiller
January 24th, 2020, 21:41
Not a bug, but a question for if it should be reported. Some creatures in the MM/PHB/etc don't have pics for their token, instead having a letter which is fine. If the creature has a picture token from a module that's fairly generic, but not in one of those books, should we report it?

As an example, Ravens have picture tokens in Curse of Strahd but do not have picture tokens in the MM or the PHB.

Minty23185Fresh
January 24th, 2020, 21:47

Looks like it is.

I should have looked, before going through the efforts. Thanks, Zacchaeus. I came up with the same results.

So, we're back to 4Wire and LordEntrails being correct. The parser is at fault and should be fixed. Looking at the spell description, I don't see any reason for the parser to think that the spell should expire after one use. Possibly that is the parser's default?

Zacchaeus
January 24th, 2020, 22:07
Not a bug, but a question for if it should be reported. Some creatures in the MM/PHB/etc don't have pics for their token, instead having a letter which is fine. If the creature has a picture token from a module that's fairly generic, but not in one of those books, should we report it?

As an example, Ravens have picture tokens in Curse of Strahd but do not have picture tokens in the MM or the PHB.

There was an image in CoS for Ravens but there isn't one for Ravens in any of the other published material. So, no, you don't need to report that since the artwork stays in the module it appears in. We can include the images from the MM since permission is given for that but can't take artwork and put it elsewhere.

4wire
January 24th, 2020, 22:08
I've found several instances of "groups" (for the purpose of filtering entries, e.g. in the "Images & Maps" window) being inconsistently named both within and across modules. Here are the instances that I've found:

- Every group related to Curse of Strahd in the Images & Maps window starts with "Curse of Strahd" - which is great. There is, however, one group called "DD Curse of Strahd" which contains only one image (showing a rat, probably belonging to "Curse of Strahd - NPCs)
- Items: DD Curse of Strahd Players
- Tables: DD Curse of Strahd Players
- Tables: DD DMG (all chapters)
- Tables: Vols [sic] Guide to Monsters Players

Having all of these categories adhere to the same formatting would make navigating these windows easier.

Great find. That unresizeable window is already hard to navigate, it needs to be clean!

I see as well:
- Tables+images: DD Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Player
- Items+images: DD TYP Appendices
- Races: DD Dungeon Masters Guide - Players
- images: DD TYP White Plume Mountain (versus TYP White Plume Mountain - images)

Do you want us to list them all? I guess a quick grep in the XML is faster?

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2020, 02:32
Great find. That unresizeable window is already hard to navigate, it needs to be clean!

I see as well:
- Tables+images: DD Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Player
- Items+images: DD TYP Appendices
- Races: DD Dungeon Masters Guide - Players
- images: DD TYP White Plume Mountain (versus TYP White Plume Mountain - images)

Do you want us to list them all? I guess a quick grep in the XML is faster?
I’m away from my computer for a couple of days but those look correct, those are all the same name as the module I think. Or are you saying that’s what they should be rather than what they are.
I don’t know what a grep is but the xml files are not the answer.

Minty23185Fresh
January 29th, 2020, 02:54
Zacchaeus it's trivial (almost)
Player's Handbook
Chapter 9: Combat
Making an Attack
Shoving a Creature
(last sentence) If you succeed,, <-- two commas

Zacchaeus
January 29th, 2020, 10:24
Zacchaeus it's trivial (almost)
Player's Handbook
Chapter 9: Combat
Making an Attack
Shoving a Creature
(last sentence) If you succeed,, <-- two commas

Right-o. Noted in the 'next time the PHB needs an update for something else column' :)

Klandare
February 1st, 2020, 19:07
Was running Sunless Citadel from Tales from the Yawning Portal last night and got the big finale fight and found an issue with Sharwyn (Encounter: Belak, 2.15 56. The Gulthias Tree).

Sharwyn is set in the encounter with Hit Points of (12d8 +4), this is incorrect from the original module where it is (2d8 +4), especially since she is just a 1st level spell caster (I thought it was way off when they were added to the Combat Tracker and she was having 58 hp compared to Belak who is the main villian and he only had 32).

Paperclipkiller
February 1st, 2020, 20:47
Ignore post, misread something.

Paperclipkiller
February 1st, 2020, 21:34
Alright now I have something proper to report haha.

Tokens in the Monster Manual + wherever else these would apply to

A few tokens have things showing in the corners, probably due to missing being erased. Or some have different Token circles. Minor aesthetic things. The list is as follows alphabetical.

Aarakocra: left line at the edge of the square.

Adult Green Dragon (All Green Dragons really): Dot on the lower right of the square.

Azer: Lower left of square are some pixels still showing.

Basilisk: Lower right has some pixels at the edge of the square.

Bearded Devil: Lower right has some pixels at the edge of the square.

Bone Naga: Lower and Upper Right has some pixels showing at the corners.

Chasme: Lower Left and Lower center has some pixels showing, particularly the lower center.

Death Tyrant: A few dots at the upper part are cut off by the edge of the square. Removing them or moving them down to fit in the square may work better.

Deva: Upper left has some pixels in the corner.

Druid: Upper right has a large amount of pixels that shouldn't be there.

Ettin: Lower left has a bit of pixels showing.

Frost Giant: A bit of pixels in the lower left showing.

Giant Vulture: It has a completely different circle surrounding it from every other token.

Plesiosaurus: Lower let has a large amount of pixels

Quaggoth Spore Servant: Different Circle again.

Smoke Mephit: Upper Left has a lot of pixels showing randomly cut off. Middle left has some as well. Middle Right has a few pixels cut off due to being a square. This was the one that made me check all these.

Storm Giant: Bottom Left has a grouping of pixels.

Did a few checks in some other Modules as well:

Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Monstrous Peryton: Pixels in the upper right corner.

Descent into Avernus

Necrotic Centipede: Different style circle from the rest.

Curse of Strahd

Mongrelfolk and Otto Belview: Pixel grouping in the upper left.

Piccolo: Different style circle from the rest and the edges of his circle have the background image peaking out just by a pixel.

Quasit 2: Same style circle as Piccolo, which is different from others.

Tree Blight: Circle Token style is different.

Twig Blight: Circle Token style is different. (Not the updated one from the Monster Manual)

Zygfrek Belview: Circle token style is different.

Eberron Rising from the Last War DM

Warforged Titan: Pixel grouping in the upper left.

Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Ambush Drake: Pixel grouping in the middle left, just below the circle.

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes

A few carry over like the Azer and the Bearded Devil from the Monster Manual.

Drow Matron Mother: Grouping of pixels in the upper left.

Griffin Token: This shouldn't be here. There is already a Griffon token.

Tomb of Annihilation

Giant Strider: Old Token style still.

Grung Elite Warrior - Copy: I presume that shouldn't be there anymore due to an updated token of similar name next to it.

Nanny Pupu: 2 versions of the token next to each other. The old style can be removed.

Tentacle: The circle token should be updated to be the same as the others.

Soulmonger: Same with this one, needs updated circle design

Zongo: Old Token style with this one as well.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2020, 22:00
Was running Sunless Citadel from Tales from the Yawning Portal last night and got the big finale fight and found an issue with Sharwyn (Encounter: Belak, 2.15 56. The Gulthias Tree).

Sharwyn is set in the encounter with Hit Points of (12d8 +4), this is incorrect from the original module where it is (2d8 +4), especially since she is just a 1st level spell caster (I thought it was way off when they were added to the Combat Tracker and she was having 58 hp compared to Belak who is the main villian and he only had 32).

Oops, I'll note that for fixing

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2020, 22:14
Good grief @paperclipckiller. You have a keen eye. I'll have a look at that tomorrow.

Paperclipkiller
February 1st, 2020, 22:22
Good grief @paperclipckiller. You have a keen eye. I'll have a look at that tomorrow.

I just noticed it first with the Smoke Mephit, then I decided I would look through the tokens to find any others. I didn't mention any modules that haven't been updated to the new token style yet. A few of those modules use tokens from the MM that I simply forgot to mention were also in those modules. Not on my Desktop anymore so I can't remember exactly which ones. I know the Smoke Mephit in Curse of Strahd for example needs the update like in the Monster Manual.

I more looked through it all since I was bored and knew it would help.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2020, 22:38
It is entirely possible that I’ve missed updating some of the tokens. You get square eyes looking at tokens all day.

Paperclipkiller
February 1st, 2020, 22:47
Coming at ya with a small one.

Curse of Strahd

The NPC Vladimir Horngaard has a few modifications to his sheet, which you can see in the "Other" tab on him. He is found in Curse of Strahd - NPCs" for the NPC list and in the battle "07.03.36 Q36. Dragon's Audience Hall"

He specifically has 192 Hit Points, so the (16d8 + 64) should be removed so that he always has that HP in the Combat Tracker. The 192 is the Max of the rolled HP. Maybe put in the parenthesis (See Other Tab)

His Challenge Rating should be 7, and his XP should be 2,900.

In the Other Tab, he should also have a link to "07.00.1 Revenants of Barovia" like the other Revenants do.

Another NPC, Sir Godfrey Gwilym, should also have a link to "07.00.1 Revenants of Barovia" like the other Revenants do in his "Other" tab.

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2020, 13:17
I just noticed it first with the Smoke Mephit, then I decided I would look through the tokens to find any others. I didn't mention any modules that haven't been updated to the new token style yet. A few of those modules use tokens from the MM that I simply forgot to mention were also in those modules. Not on my Desktop anymore so I can't remember exactly which ones. I know the Smoke Mephit in Curse of Strahd for example needs the update like in the Monster Manual.

I more looked through it all since I was bored and knew it would help.

Ok, I've fixed those on your list. I can't find any original artwork for the vulture in the MM; I don't know where the author of the original module got the image so that token will need to remain as it is.

I think I've updated almost every module now to the same style of tokens (at least the ones I'm responsible for anyway); some of these will be released on Tuesday. I'll need to plough through them all again to find any with tokens from the MM on your list.

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2020, 13:24
Coming at ya with a small one.

Curse of Strahd

The NPC Vladimir Horngaard has a few modifications to his sheet, which you can see in the "Other" tab on him. He is found in Curse of Strahd - NPCs" for the NPC list and in the battle "07.03.36 Q36. Dragon's Audience Hall"

He specifically has 192 Hit Points, so the (16d8 + 64) should be removed so that he always has that HP in the Combat Tracker. The 192 is the Max of the rolled HP. Maybe put in the parenthesis (See Other Tab)

His Challenge Rating should be 7, and his XP should be 2,900.

In the Other Tab, he should also have a link to "07.00.1 Revenants of Barovia" like the other Revenants do.

Another NPC, Sir Godfrey Gwilym, should also have a link to "07.00.1 Revenants of Barovia" like the other Revenants do in his "Other" tab.

I've fixed Vladimir's stat block; both he and Sir Godfrey already have a link to the Revenants of Barovia in the notes. I updated CoS fairly recently and added those links. If you're not seeing that then possibly you'll need to revert changes on the module in your campaign - or view them in a new campaign.

Paperclipkiller
February 2nd, 2020, 17:37
I've fixed Vladimir's stat block; both he and Sir Godfrey already have a link to the Revenants of Barovia in the notes. I updated CoS fairly recently and added those links. If you're not seeing that then possibly you'll need to revert changes on the module in your campaign - or view them in a new campaign.

I gotta remember to check CoS with a new campaign at this point. This isn't the first time I've reported one that was actually fixed haha.

dungeonguru
February 3rd, 2020, 20:08
I ran into an issue with the Elite Kobold in Kobold Press' Creature Codex.

The Type field reads "but Fierce. Two elite kobolds within 5 feet of each other can combine their actions to slam their mining picks into the ground and split the earth in a 20-foot line that is 5 feet wide, extending from one of the pair. Each creature in that line must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. On a failure, a creature takes 7 (2d6) bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone. On a success"
and the Alignment field reads: "a creature takes half the damage and isn't knocked prone."
It's missing the Small but Fierce trait.
Looks like a parser decided the trait was the size/type/alignment.

So the Type needs to be "Humanoid (kobold)" and the Alignment is "Lawful Neutral" and the monster needs to have the trait Small but Fierce added using the text that's in the above fields incorrectly.

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2020, 21:06

The Type field reads "but Fierce. Two elite kobolds within 5 feet of each other can combine their actions to slam their mining picks into the ground and split the earth in a 20-foot line that is 5 feet wide, extending from one of the pair. Each creature in that line must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. On a failure, a creature takes 7 (2d6) bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone. On a success"
and the Alignment field reads: "a creature takes half the damage and isn't knocked prone."

So the Type needs to be "Humanoid (kobold)" and the Alignment is "Lawful Neutral" and the monster needs to have the trait Small but Fierce added using the text that's in the above fields incorrectly.

I'll see that the developer gets to hear about this. Thanks for reporting.

rob2e
February 3rd, 2020, 21:38

Somehow the parser didn't like the name, so I changed it to make it work, so it'll be fixed in the next update.

deer_buster
February 4th, 2020, 03:39
An issue with a lizardfolk barbarian automatically stacking natural armor with unarmored defense. Should be either-or, not both (which in my opinion is lame, but whatever). Easy work-around is to remove the natural armor bonus from the AC, but many will not catch that (I didn't until it was pointed out to me).

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2020, 09:27
An issue with a lizardfolk barbarian automatically stacking natural armor with unarmored defense. Should be either-or, not both (which in my opinion is lame, but whatever). Easy work-around is to remove the natural armor bonus from the AC, but many will not catch that (I didn't until it was pointed out to me).

Noted.

4wire
February 4th, 2020, 15:23
Tales of the yawning portal: White Plume Mountain: Boiling Bubble player map (which hosts the encounter)
- Grid is 10'x10' as opposed to 5'x5' which makes moving from tunnel map to that map very awkward (especially if you notice while playing).

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2020, 15:59
Tales of the yawning portal: White Plume Mountain: Boiling Bubble player map (which hosts the encounter)
- Grid is 10'x10' as opposed to 5'x5' which makes moving from tunnel map to that map very awkward (especially if you notice while playing).

Hmm, not even sure why I included that map since the other one seems perfectly reasonable. But I'll note that for fixing.

4wire
February 4th, 2020, 16:02
Hmm, not even sure why I included that map since the other one seems perfectly reasonable. But I'll note that for fixing.

Yeah, I was using the DM version and couldn't see the NPCs being dropped in while they were on the CT. Only when I double clicked the crab (in the CT) did it pop-up the player's version and I saw the encounter there. One would be sufficient, agreed.

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2020, 19:13
@deer_buster,

The natural armor vs. unarmored defense is challenging. Currently, the 5E ruleset only tracks a single way to track AC (and it tries to pick the correct one based on checks). Based on the way that the 5E rules have been written and clarified (and was not an issue initially), there really needs to be a way to track multiple "calculations" for AC in a way that gives enough information to user to know what is going on (i.e. show all calculations so they can see which one is visibly higher). This isn't something I can fully tackle right now; but I can improve the natural armor / dragon hide / unarmored defense to exclude each other. (i.e. natural armor / dragon hide will turn off unarmored defense bonus; but can be manually overriden)

Regards,
JPG

P.S. And short-term workaround active in Test channel now.

Paperclipkiller
February 15th, 2020, 19:45
Curse of Strahd

Just a small typo, in the Other tab of the NPC "Arrigal", it says "Immage" instead of "Image".

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2020, 20:13
Curse of Strahd

Just a small typo, in the Other tab of the NPC "Arrigal", it says "Immage" instead of "Image".

That's how we spell immage in Scotland :)

Paperclipkiller
February 15th, 2020, 21:44
Curse of Strahd

I've got some more token ones I missed, and I double checked to make sure I didn't mention them before.

These are just in the Tokens of CoS, and any NPCs that use them.

"BanditCaptain" is in the old token style.

There is a "Fiona Wachter" and a "Fiona-Wachter" token. The "Fiona Wachter" one can be removed as that is the old one.

Volo's Guide to Monsters

Anything mentioned before from the MM for token issues, applies here as well. I.E. the Ettin.

BeuhrHag token has a bit of pixels showing in the lower left.

Kraken Priest token has a bit of pixels showing in the upper right.

Illithilich has a token style different from everyone else. It looks to be the same but different colors.

Monster Manual

Bone Devil and the variant token both have pixels in the upper right.

There is a Balrog token apparently. It's just the old style Balor token.

There's a token called "Olanthius" that I have no idea what it is used for. It's an old style "Death Knight" token.

I noticed some of the tokens in the Monster Manual were fixed, and some were not. Should I just presume it's basically a work in progress from when I posted the token issues last time or should I mention the ones I noticed?

Dungeon Masters Guide

Some of the tokens used the ones with pixel errors I've mentioned before that were corrected in the Monster Manual.

There is a Faerie Dragon token that is extra small compared to the rest.

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2020, 22:17
AFAIK all the tokens in the MM that you mentioned are fixed. I haven't got around to fixing every module that uses those tokens; I'll update those when something else needs updating - if I remember :)

But if I missed tokens from the MM then let me know.

Paperclipkiller
February 15th, 2020, 22:58
Okidoki

Monster Manual

Green Ancient, Young, and Wyrmling Dragons all need the lower right pixels still removed as well as the middle right.

Quaggoth Spore Servant is using a different token style from the rest. Even keeping the same style pic and replacing the circle will help for "consistency".

I should have just mentioned those right away instead of asking since it was so few haha.

Paperclipkiller
February 15th, 2020, 23:01
Monster Manual

Allosaurus is also using the old token style. There is a token of that style already made called "Triceratops" that you can just use for that one.

Roach
February 17th, 2020, 10:25
NVM - was in error

mattekure
February 18th, 2020, 13:55
PHB. Soldier Bond. #4 is truncated.

It currently has: "I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company"
It should say "I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it."

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2020, 16:34
PHB. Soldier Bond. #4 is truncated.

It currently has: "I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company"
It should say "I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it."

How the hell does something like that last so long. Noted.

Eru the One
February 27th, 2020, 05:32
When making a Cleric of the Order Domain (GGTR) you get to choose either Intimidation or Persuasion but instead get this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31778&d=1582781508

instead of a usual choice popup to choose one or the other.

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2020, 10:02
Thanks for reporting.

dpezet
February 28th, 2020, 02:20
In the Acquisitions Incorporated Adventures module the maps for Lottie's Palace could use a little help. The map named "DM - Map 5.2 Lottie's Palace" does not have any pinned stories or notes. The player version named "Player - Map 5.2 Lotties Palace" has no pins and no grid. Also the southern door to room seven was chopped up pretty bad when the module creators removed the number. Finally, the encounter in room 5 titled "04.50.11.05 5. Machine Room" has something wrong with it. When you click the down arrow to add the encounter to the map you get the error "A module you are attempting to use is not loaded. D&D Acquisitions Incorporated Adventures. Activate module and attempt to open the link again?" I obviously have that module open or I wouldn't have seen the encounter so there must be something wrong with however it is linked.

I did have one other observation. I don't know if this counts as a bug or not, but it seems like the Acquisitions Incorporated adventure had a lot more customized NPC tokens when I originally bought it right when it came out. For example, the Keg Bot had a token made from one of the images in the book. Now it just uses the generic "K" token. The tokens for the NPC Talanatha Three Coins and Splugoth the Returned are the same way and instead of the pictures from the book, they now use the "T" and "S" tokens. I could have sworn (but could be wrong) that the Clockwork Behir in the encounter I referenced above had a nice token from the image in the book as well, but now it uses the normal Behir token. Letter tokens are a personal pet-peeve of mine so it really sticks out for me.

Thanks,

Don

Zacchaeus
February 28th, 2020, 09:44
I'll pass this on to the developer; thanks for reporting.

Gozer the Gozerian
February 29th, 2020, 12:47
I found an error in one of the tables in Xanathar's which prevents it from rolling correctly. It's in the "Major Items, Uncommon" table. The Adamantine Armor sub-table is written: [Adamantine Armor}, and the "}" on the end keeps it from rolling on the sub-table.

Zacchaeus
February 29th, 2020, 13:20
I found an error in one of the tables in Xanathar's which prevents it from rolling correctly. It's in the "Major Items, Uncommon" table. The Adamantine Armor sub-table is written: [Adamantine Armor}, and the "}" on the end keeps it from rolling on the sub-table.

Thanks for reporting

Paperclipkiller
March 6th, 2020, 00:23
Eberron Rising from the Last War

There should be an "Infused Radiant Double-bladed Scimitar", "Infused Double-bladed Scimitar, +1" and an ""Infused Double-bladed Scimitar, +2" based on the Artificer infusions in the Magic item list.

This one is just me being pedantic, but the "Fernian Basalt Orb of Shielding" has the "Basalt" capitalized. This is different from the other Orbs of Shielding like "Irian quartz" where the object is lowercase. I would imagine either is fine, just an very very minor inconsistency I noticed.

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2020, 09:34
Oh, yes. I missed that double bladed thing. I'll add to my list - and the capitalised thing just so it makes it better for you :)

Sage of Souls
March 7th, 2020, 00:02
When you add spells to the list of spells an NPC knows, it doesn't automatically show its school of magic. The layout for how spells in NPC sheets looked has been changed a few times and the last time it was changed, the spells no longer show their school of magic. For example, if I add the spell Magic Missile to an NPC's sheet, it'll give me everything I need to know EXCEPT for the fact that it's an Evocation spell.

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2020, 00:42
When you add spells to the list of spells an NPC knows, it doesn't automatically show its school of magic. The layout for how spells in NPC sheets looked has been changed a few times and the last time it was changed, the spells no longer show their school of magic. For example, if I add the spell Magic Missile to an NPC's sheet, it'll give me everything I need to know EXCEPT for the fact that it's an Evocation spell.

You are right. I've never noticed that and I'm not sure if it ever did show the school. I'll pass it on to the devs though.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2020, 01:02
@Sage of Souls,

Thanks for moving this to 5E forum.

I just looked through our source control, which contains all updates back to March 2017. From those files, it looks like spell school was never automatically placed into NPC spell information. It's always been these five (Level, Casting Time, Components, Duration, Range).

I don't see any negative reason not to add; so I will add to the Test channel version which contains our rolling update of changes prior to a release. (See Laboratory forum) Since we just did a release, it will be several weeks to a couple months before pushed to Live. Please note, this is not retroactive, the NPC spells are only translated from the Spellcasting Trait when the NPC is first opened (or when all spells have been deleted and you re-open).

Regards,
JPG

Sage of Souls
March 7th, 2020, 01:13
The thing is, though, it did use to add the school of magic. It would add it right before the level of the spell. I posted a screenshot of where it showed up as. It wasn't until some time towards the end of last year that it stopped doing that.

Edit: And that's fine; I don't mind going through and re-adding them. Thanks for doing this.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2020, 01:34
I believe that some of the modules and NPCs used pre-calculated spells up to a point; but we switched over to automatic addition of spells from spell lists. I know Zacchaeus has been slowly migrating all the modules so they are built using the same tools for maintainability; so this may be what you have seen. It's the difference between the manual data, and the automatically generated spell data.

Regards,
JPG

Sage of Souls
March 7th, 2020, 01:36
Ah, I see. Alright, thank you.

Paperclipkiller
March 7th, 2020, 22:08
I honestly think this is an Engine limitation then a bug, but something I consistently notice. Whenever a NPC is added to the Combat Tracker and is of 5th level or higher and is also a spellcaster, the Cantrips don't scale on the Combat Tracker. So say like an Archmage which is level 18 is on the combat tracker, the Fire Bolt spell only shows the damage as 1d10 instead of 4d10. Obviously right clicking can easily fix that. Another alternative that I personally have been doing, is adding whatever spellcasters I want into a homebrew module and changing their Cantrip damage to reflect their actual damage based on their level. I know that can't be done on your end though since a monsters spells are generated when the module is opened iirc and not beforehand.

If that's a bug, to sum it up, Combat Tracker Cantrips for NPCs aren't scaling with level. If it's an Engine Limitation, then not much can be done about it atm.

On the note for the Archmage though...

Monster Manual plus any modules with an Archmage

The Combat Tracker isn't pulling the "Mage armor" or "Magic Missile" spell from the NPC sheet. That's because the * that's supposed to be next to mage armor looks like "mage armor,* magic missile" instead of "mage armor*, magic missile".

The Archmage Spell slots on the NPC sheet also don't reflect the spellslots it should have. They are accurate when put into the combat tracker thankfully. It should be in order from left to right: 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1.

There is also a difference between the Archmage in the Monster Manual and Curse of Strahd. In CoS, the Archmage lists their "before combat prepared" spells as a separate trait instead of as part of the spellcasting with a not at the bottom. The pic attached shows a side by side reference. The left side is the Monster Manual, the right side is Curse of Strahd.

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2020, 22:16
Yeah, cantrips don’t automatically scale. Not a bug, just not something that has ever been implemented.

I must have updated the archmage in CoS so that it worked properly when I updated CoS recently.The asterisks are the issue with the MM one I’m betting. I’ll take a note to fix it.

Sage of Souls
March 7th, 2020, 22:38
To add to what Paperclipkiller said, spells for NPCs also don't automatically apply their spellcasting stat for things like Cure Wounds in the combat tracker. It'll just default to 1d8 instead of 1d8+4 if the NPC had a Wisdom of 18. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if it is a bug if it's been posted here before, but I thought I'd state it just in case.

Paperclipkiller
March 7th, 2020, 22:44
To add to what Paperclipkiller said, spells for NPCs also don't automatically apply their spellcasting stat for things like Cure Wounds in the combat tracker. It'll just default to 1d8 instead of 1d8+4 if the NPC had a Wisdom of 18. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if it is a bug if it's been posted here before, but I thought I'd state it just in case.

I've got an Archdruid right now in the combat tracker that has Cure Wounds working perfectly. You're probably going to want to share what NPC is having that issue and maybe a screenshot. just to give Zacchaeus some more information in this case, since it is working normally for me and probably will for him.

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2020, 22:46

I'm not seeing this. Make sure that the spellcasting trait is correctly worded if it's been amended.

Sage of Souls
March 7th, 2020, 23:22
It might only be for custom NPCs. I didn't make any changes; I just dragged the spells and dropped them into the NPC's sheet. The same thing applies to saving throw DCs and attack rolls.

Purple Box = NPC Stat Score
Green Box = Spells With DCs
Blue Box = Spells Using Casting Stat
Red Box = Spells With Attack Rolls

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2020, 23:34
Indeed that is the problem.

You don’t give NPCs spells by dragging in spells. You need to construct a correctly worded trait to do that.

See here for more information https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Automating_Effects_on_NPCs

Sage of Souls
March 7th, 2020, 23:43
Ah, I see. Ok, thank you. Guess I gotta go redo all of my spellcasters. XD

Sage of Souls
March 8th, 2020, 00:15
Indeed that is the problem.

You don’t give NPCs spells by dragging in spells. You need to construct a correctly worded trait to do that.

See here for more information https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Automating_Effects_on_NPCs

Ok, I did that, but it doesn't seem to be adding the spells in. Is there a way to get it to re-parse without remaking the entire NPC sheet?

Edit: Nevermind. Closing the NPC sheet and re-opening it took care of it.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2020, 00:50
Indeed. If you are editing an existing Spellcaster you need to delete the existing spells from the spells section then close and reopen the sheet to get the spells to populate.

Sage of Souls
March 8th, 2020, 05:30
When clicking on links to feats, items, etc. in a custom NPC's sheet's "Other" tab that belong to D&D Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, there's a pop-up stating that the module isn't loaded and asks you if you want to load it. However, this happens even if the module IS loaded. I noticed that it asks of you want to load "DD Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" and not "D&D Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron". I'm not sure if this is the cause or not, however. I've posted a screenshot.

Edit: Oh, I should also say that clicking the check mark button to have it open the module doesn't work, whether you leave the module open or close it before clicking the check mark button.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2020, 10:26
Thanks for reporting; I'll let the developer know.

rob2e
March 8th, 2020, 11:48
When clicking on links to feats, items, etc. in a custom NPC's sheet's "Other" tab that belong to D&D Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, there's a pop-up stating that the module isn't loaded and asks you if you want to load it. However, this happens even if the module IS loaded. I noticed that it asks of you want to load "DD Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" and not "D&D Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron". I'm not sure if this is the cause or not, however. I've posted a screenshot.

Edit: Oh, I should also say that clicking the check mark button to have it open the module doesn't work, whether you leave the module open or close it before clicking the check mark button.

Tier 1 Fractured Memory Fighter does not appear to be any part of Wayfinder's Guide? Is it possible that it comes from some OTHER module? I can't find it there... Can you tell me specifically WHERE that is?

Sage of Souls
March 8th, 2020, 14:12
Tier 1 Fractured Memory Fighter does not appear to be any part of Wayfinder's Guide? Is it possible that it comes from some OTHER module? I can't find it there... Can you tell me specifically WHERE that is?

Custom NPC. That shouldn't be an issue, though, as it's worked before and other abilities listed under it, such as the Action Surge or Improved Critical abilities, work just fine. It's only with ones associated with D&D Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron.

(Also, the "(Tier 1)" is just my way of keeping track of what kind of challenge rating bracket I'm going to be looking at when I go to click on a custom NPC. It also helps keep things organized by tiers. In case you were curious about that...)

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2020, 14:34
As you spotted the name of the module changed. So if the links were created a while ago before the module name changed then those links will be looking for a module that doesn't exist any more. If you reapply the links to point to the current module they'll work.

Sage of Souls
March 8th, 2020, 15:55
As you spotted the name of the module changed. So if the links were created a while ago before the module name changed then those links will be looking for a module that doesn't exist any more. If you reapply the links to point to the current module they'll work.

That seemed to do it. Though, I can't say I understand why when the module still says "D&D" and not "DD". But I'll take it as is, I guess. Thanks.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2020, 16:10
That seemed to do it. Though, I can't say I understand why when the module still says "D&D" and not "DD". But I'll take it as is, I guess. Thanks.

The module I think was previously named DD Wayfinder's Guide, but it has changed at some point to D&D Wayfinder's Guide. This is the name of the module and not the display name which I believe was always D&D Wayfinder's Guide. The display name is cosmetic and doesn't affect anything but if the actual module name changes then it will break links.

Sage of Souls
March 8th, 2020, 16:31
The module I think was previously named DD Wayfinder's Guide, but it has changed at some point to D&D Wayfinder's Guide. This is the name of the module and not the display name which I believe was always D&D Wayfinder's Guide. The display name is cosmetic and doesn't affect anything but if the actual module name changes then it will break links.

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Thank you.

ShadoWWW
March 13th, 2020, 03:34
When PC is dying, and enemy is attacking the PC with a melee weapon attack and hits, it should deal two failed death saves instead of one. When PC is dying she is unconscious, and the hit automatically scores critical hit dealing two failed death saves.

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2020, 04:20
When PC is dying, and enemy is attacking the PC with a melee weapon attack and hits, it should deal two failed death saves instead of one. When PC is dying she is unconscious, and the hit automatically scores critical hit dealing two failed death saves.
That's not what the rules say... from the PHB > Damage and Healing section;

Taking damage at 0 hp incurs one failed save. A critical hit is two failed saves.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2020, 10:55

This seems to be working correctly. I applied critical damage to Bob here and as you can see he's got two failed ticks.

HuseyinCinar
March 13th, 2020, 14:55
That's not what the rules say... from the PHB > Damage and Healing section;

Taking damage at 0 hp incurs one failed save. A critical hit is two failed saves.

Taking damage at 0 hp from Melee makes it an auto crit. I think it's under Unconscious condition

mattekure
March 13th, 2020, 15:10
No, the Unconscious condition is very specific. "Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature." It doesnt say anything about 0 hp. FG applies the unconscious condition to creatures who go to 0 HP, but that does not mean that every attack against them is an auto-crit. The attacker must be within 5 feet (note it doesnt specify ranged vs melee attack). FG does not track distance, so it does not trigger an auto-crit.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2020, 15:35

Reading your post again the confusion may be that you are expecting FG to automate the critical damage. However FG does not track distance and so cannot know that the damage is being caused by a combatant who is within 5' and hits the unconscious target. If the hit is an actual critical hit (that is a natural 20 is rolled on the hit) then you can just deal damage as normal and it will add two failed saves. However if it is just an ordinary hit then when applying the damage you'll need to hold down the SHIFT key to turn that into critical damage for this purpose. (Which is what I did in the graphic I posted above).

ShadoWWW
March 14th, 2020, 13:18
Zacchaeus: Thank you for your answer. I thought when I attack with melee attack, FG calculates the crit automatically. Now I see I must hold down the shift key. No big deal. I have two more questions, if I may: 1) Is there similar key for disadvantage? 2) If my ally is dying, is there a procedure how I can make a Medicine check and automatically stabilize him if I succeed with result 10 or more?

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2020, 13:24
Zacchaeus: Thank you for your answer. I thought when I attack with melee attack, FG calculates the crit automatically. Now I see I must hold down the shift key. No big deal. I have two more questions, if I may: 1) Is there similar key for disadvantage? 2) If my ally is dying, is there a procedure how I can make a Medicine check and automatically stabilize him if I succeed with result 10 or more?

No there's no key for disadvantage other than clicking the DIS button (assuming that the target doesn't have an effect on them such as prone which automatically grants disadvantage). For the stabilize you'd want to have an effect in the actions tab (stable) and apply that to the companion.

ShadoWWW
March 14th, 2020, 19:17
Thank you again.

JimSocks
March 14th, 2020, 20:35
My export module window is broken. It comes up with constant errors and won't let me export. No extensions running. This is a brand-new issue for me as of last update.

Errors are as follows (and all appear at once. When cleared, they re-appear any time the window is interacted with. There is no export button, either):

Ruleset Error: window: Control(button_export) anchoring to an undefined control (buttonanchor) in windowclass (export)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(button_export) anchoring to an undefined control (buttonanchor) in windowclass (export)
Script Error: [string "export_table_generator.lua"]:7: attempt to index field 'list_iedit' (a nil value)

FilippoC
March 14th, 2020, 20:57
The Sword(s) of Life Stealing has the old description. An erratum for the newest printings changed the extra damage from 3d6 to 10 necrotic damage. Consequently, the gain in temporary hit points has been set to a fixed value of 10.

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2020, 21:38
The Sword(s) of Life Stealing has the old description. An erratum for the newest printings changed the extra damage from 3d6 to 10 necrotic damage. Consequently, the gain in temporary hit points has been set to a fixed value of 10.

Can you point to the official errata please; the only one I can find has already been included in the module and there's nothing in that about this weapon.

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2020, 21:39
My export module window is broken. It comes up with constant errors and won't let me export. No extensions running. This is a brand-new issue for me as of last update.

Errors are as follows (and all appear at once. When cleared, they re-appear any time the window is interacted with. There is no export button, either):

Script Error: [string "export_table_generator.lua"]:7: attempt to index field 'list_iedit' (a nil value)

Posting once in the House of Healing was sufficient.

FilippoC
March 14th, 2020, 22:04
Can you point to the official errata please; the only one I can find has already been included in the module and there's nothing in that about this weapon.

I know that there is no mention of this in the latest Errata document. D&D Beyond has the same issue. Still, it is indeed appearing in the new printings:

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2020, 22:08
I know that there is no mention of this in the latest Errata document. D&D Beyond has the same issue. Still, it is indeed appearing in the new printings:

Ok, I'll wait for the new errata and update everything at once when it comes out (I assume it will come out at some point). I'll take a note however just in case it doesn't within a reasonable time span.

mattekure
March 15th, 2020, 04:27
Descent into Avernus. The Flesh Warping table entry 16-20 appears inside the text of roll 11-15

Zacchaeus
March 15th, 2020, 11:34
Descent into Avernus. The Flesh Warping table entry 16-20 appears inside the text of roll 11-15

Oops. Noted, thanks.

Hendersonman
March 16th, 2020, 08:31
So I just noticed that the Elves from rising of the last war are different from other elves and are not included in the sub races? Aereni high elf are different than normal high elf. But the Aereni high elf isnt included.

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2020, 11:02
So I just noticed that the Elves from rising of the last war are different from other elves and are not included in the sub races? Aereni high elf are different than normal high elf. But the Aereni high elf isnt included.

In game terms they are the same. There's no difference in the traits or abilities of the High Elves in Eberron from the High Elves in the PHB. There is some flavour text about them being isolationists etc but there are no changes to game statistics which would merit a subrace.

Hendersonman
March 16th, 2020, 16:22
In game terms they are the same. There's no difference in the traits or abilities of the High Elves in Eberron from the High Elves in the PHB. There is some flavour text about them being isolationists etc but there are no changes to game statistics which would merit a subrace.

Darn it. It looks like my player used the way finders guide to make the elf in dnd beyond and it has a different type of rule that has been changed and not in rising.

Paperclipkiller
March 17th, 2020, 22:16
Wildemount

This applies to the Player and DM version.

I don't have my physical copy yet. Just wanting to confirm since this is different. Goblin, Bugbear and Hobgoblin are all listed as "subraces" under Goblinkin. This is different from previous releases of them. Is this intentional?

This applies to Aasimar, Elf, Halfling and Dragonborn. Their subraces (or variants in Dragonborn case) are listed in their languages at the moment, so there isn't a section for them at the bottom of the info for each race. Additionally if you go into their "Subraces" in the "Other" tab on their race page, it says "null" at the top.

Genasi have the subrace section but it doesn't list the subraces in it on the bottom of their race page.

So the Dragonborn has the 2 variants as sub-races. This doesn't work since the normal Dragonborn doesn't have sub-races. So if you have the PHB and Wildemount open, if you click and drag the Dragonborn from the PHB, it is going to try and give you a subclass. Thankfully they gave names for both of them. Draconblood and Ravenite. It would work to make 2 separate races like how the "Variant Human" is and name them "Dragonborn Draconblood" and "Dragonborn Ravenite" so that it is clear at a glance they are both Dragonborn races.

Paperclipkiller
March 17th, 2020, 22:22
Wildemount

There are 2 Tokens named "bristledmoorbounder". 1 has a different style from the rest of the tokens and I imagine was a placeholder.

Core Spawn Seer token has some pixels outside the token that are there on the middle left side.

Paperclipkiller
March 17th, 2020, 22:30
Wildemount

There isn't a creature called "Husk Zombie Burster". It is labeled as a variant for the creature and is detailed in the "other" tab of the Husk Zombie monster.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 22:30
Thanks for the reports; I'll let the developer know.

rob2e
March 17th, 2020, 23:28
It seems that in Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, the wizard class category (source) is missing in the spell list?

astromath
March 18th, 2020, 01:06
Descent into Avernus
NPC
Scavenger
Traits
Equipment

"ffor" should be "for" in the description.

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
NPC
Duergar Warlord
Actions
Psychic-Attuned Hammer

In the description you have at the end a comma instead of a period.

Paperclipkiller
March 18th, 2020, 01:35
It seems that in Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, the wizard class category (source) is missing in the spell list?

None of the spells are for Wizards. Only the Sub-classes. With what Rob2e said here though it does point out, since they aren't specifically Wizard spells but Dunamancy spells that are available to the 2 specific subclasses, they should have the Source of "Dunamancy, Wizard Chronurgy Magic, Wizard Graviturgy Magic" similar to how the Cleric and Druids do with their subclasses.

Additional Wildemount stuff:

On page 152 of the physical book, it lists the mundane items Black Sap, Blight Ichor and Soothsalts that need to be added to Equipment. In Fantasy Grounds it is found in the Reference Manual, Chapter 3, Blightshore Contraband.

Paperclipkiller
March 18th, 2020, 01:53
Engine Issue

Just to mention it, I noticed when opening the Expanded Spell lists on say the Celestial Warlock, it opens up the one in Rising from the Last War and not the PHB. I imagine nothing can be done for that easily but mentioning just in case.

Xanathars Guide

This will apply to any class with Expanded spell lists. I will be using Celestial Warlock as an example.

If I open up the expanded spell list on say "Cure Wounds" in the Celestial Warlock I can see the list of spells they can learn. However I can't search those easily on the Spells List as a whole by Source like say the "Cleric Knowledge Domain". The obvious reason being the Cleric Knowledge Domain is in the same book as the spell so it is allowed that easy searching. However If I don't have the PHB, I can't find it. I can't build a Celestial Warlock without it (I know the Basic Rules would have it but the Basic Rules may not have every single spell on a list in the future). On the flipside, the Artificer can be built without needing the PHB, since every spell needed is in that book on Fantasy Grounds. Why can the Artificer be built with all its spells available without needing the PHB but the Celestial Warlock can't? It just seems odd.

Now I know the reasoning could be bloat. That would be pretty fair, most people with Xanathars have the PHB. And I imagine you can't say "Celestial Warlock" on the spells in the PHB like you can't say Artificer on them as well. It's basically a lose/lose in that situation I think. Am I right in presuming it is about bloat? I only mention this all since I noticed Cleric/Druid/etc all have their domains listed but later Warlock ones in Xanathars don't.

rob2e
March 18th, 2020, 02:09
Typo have instead of half in this spell in EGtW.

rob2e
March 18th, 2020, 02:15
Typo have instead of half in this spell in EGtW.

That is a WotC error btw.

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 03:31
Xanathars Guide

This will apply to any class with Expanded spell lists. I will be using Celestial Warlock as an example.

If I open up the expanded spell list on say "Cure Wounds" in the Celestial Warlock I can see the list of spells they can learn. However I can't search those easily on the Spells List as a whole by Source like say the "Cleric Knowledge Domain". The obvious reason being the Cleric Knowledge Domain is in the same book as the spell so it is allowed that easy searching. However If I don't have the PHB, I can't find it. I can't build a Celestial Warlock without it (I know the Basic Rules would have it but the Basic Rules may not have every single spell on a list in the future). On the flipside, the Artificer can be built without needing the PHB, since every spell needed is in that book on Fantasy Grounds. Why can the Artificer be built with all its spells available without needing the PHB but the Celestial Warlock can't? It just seems odd.

Now I know the reasoning could be bloat. That would be pretty fair, most people with Xanathars have the PHB. And I imagine you can't say "Celestial Warlock" on the spells in the PHB like you can't say Artificer on them as well. It's basically a lose/lose in that situation I think. Am I right in presuming it is about bloat? I only mention this all since I noticed Cleric/Druid/etc all have their domains listed but later Warlock ones in Xanathars don't.

Essentially yes. The PHB when it was developed was the only module that contained classes and archetypes and the developer included in the spell lists all of the spells for each of the archetypes such as Cleric Domains, Druidic Circles etc. This is fine but there are now many more archetypes and so if I were to include the spells in each of the books then someone who had a number of modules open would be seeing possible a dozen copies of the same spell being listed. Additionally all of the spells are linked in the expanded spell lists anyway so they're easy enough to find there. I agree it might be useful to also have them in the spell list but I suspect I'd be getting complaints about the number of duplicates.

The Artificer was a special case in that it is a new class with a very long list of spells pulled from all sorts of spell lists. Simply linking those would have been too much so I created a spell list for it.

sciencephile
March 18th, 2020, 05:07
Just checking in to acknowledge that I'm working on the fixes for what's being posted for Wildemount. Thanks for reporting. -Danny

UPDATE:

All Explorer's Guide to Wildemount errors reported above this post have been fixed and checked back in for future update.

FilippoC
March 18th, 2020, 21:41
Gas Spore (from any sourcebook) shows 1d10+4 at Hit Points, while it should be 1d10-4 according to the CON modifier.

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 21:46
Gas Spore (from any sourcebook) shows 1d10+4 at Hit Points, while it should be 1d10-4 according to the CON modifier.

And how has that been around for the last 4 years, eh?

Thanks for the report.

LordEntrails
March 18th, 2020, 21:52
And how has that been around for the last 4 years, eh?
Some of us like our gas spores like we like our Book Worms, tougher than usual!

bmos
March 19th, 2020, 17:51
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but the Out of the Abyss module contains no defined quests despite a number of bonus XP rewards scattered through the book.

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 18:51
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but the Out of the Abyss module contains no defined quests despite a number of bonus XP rewards scattered through the book.

Those aren't really quests but just bonus XP. A quest is something that would be shared with the players giving them a goal together with perhaps some reward in the form of XP or treasure. I can't see anything that would qualify under that criteria really. So I don't think it's anything that is missing from the module.

bmos
March 20th, 2020, 14:02
Gotcha. I guess I got used to having all the bonus XP pre-entered in Story from when I was DMing Pathfinder. Not that simple in 5e.

I did find a real 5e module issue which is that Ripplebark is incorrectly entered as Ripperbark in the 5e Out of the Abyss module Items.

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2020, 17:31
Gotcha. I guess I got used to having all the bonus XP pre-entered in Story from when I was DMing Pathfinder. Not that simple in 5e.

I did find a real 5e module issue which is that Ripplebark is incorrectly entered as Ripperbark in the 5e Out of the Abyss module Items.

That's an intentional error just to make sure everyone was paying attention :)

Clearly they weren't since that module must be 4 years old or more. I've noted it for fixing.

calexus
March 21st, 2020, 23:16
Danoths Visor is missing from the item list in the explorers guide to wildemount, but still appears in the reference manual

Zacchaeus
March 21st, 2020, 23:33
Cheers, I'll let the developer know.

sciencephile
March 22nd, 2020, 08:02
Danoths Visor is missing from the item list in the explorers guide to wildemount, but still appears in the reference manual

Hi, I fixed the issue and it should be pushed in the next release.

jstgtpaid
March 22nd, 2020, 17:42
I was looking at Maximilian's Earthen Grasp in XGE. The spell does not have the duration in the description. It should read Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute. There also appears to be a typo in the word spell's at the end of the first paragraph (see pic.) Finally, I was wondering, shouldn't the concentration effect (c) be present in the restrained effect of the spell?

Thank you for all your hard work on these books and adventures! Being able to drag and drop this stuff saves so much time.

Zacchaeus
March 22nd, 2020, 18:58
I was looking at Maximilian's Earthen Grasp in XGE. The spell does not have the duration in the description. It should read Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute. There also appears to be a typo in the word spell's at the end of the first paragraph (see pic.) Finally, I was wondering, shouldn't the concentration effect (c) be present in the restrained effect of the spell?

Thank you for all your hard work on these books and adventures! Being able to drag and drop this stuff saves so much time.

Looks ok in my copy. Has the spell been edited? Look to see whether there is a book and pen icon to the right of the spell in the spell list. If there is right click and select revert changes. If that isn't the issue find the vault folder in FG Data and delete the file WOTC5EXTGE.dat and then update FG.

jstgtpaid
March 22nd, 2020, 19:17
You are absolutely right. I used a tool to import my characters from my dndbeyond account and I guess that it must have brought that information. I deleted the spell and copied it over from the book and it looks flawless.

Thanks for taking the time to check and describe a solution.

Paperclipkiller
March 22nd, 2020, 23:27
Explorer's Guide to Wildemount

In the magic item "Hide of the Feral Guardian" it says you can transform into a Cave Bear, using the statistics of a Polar Bear. However the NPC linked in the Item Description as well as in the NPC list is still called a Polar Bear. It should be named Cave Bear.

Zacchaeus
March 22nd, 2020, 23:29

In the magic item "Hide of the Feral Guardian" it says you can transform into a Cave Bear, using the statistics of a Polar Bear. However the NPC linked in the Item Description as well as in the NPC list is still called a Polar Bear. It should be named Cave Bear.

I'll alert the developer.

Paperclipkiller
March 22nd, 2020, 23:48

These are all magic items missing spells.

Blade of Broken Mirrors doesn't have links to the following spells: fabricate, hallucinatory terrain, major image and phantasmal killer.

Grovelthrash doesn't have links to the following spells: earthquake, meld into stone, stone shape.

Silken Spite is missing: cloudkill, darkness, levitate, web

The Bloody End is missing: charm person, dominate person, dominate monster, fear

Grimoire Infinitus is missing: alarm, antimagic field, Bigby's hand, blight, charm person, confusion, control weather, create undead, detect thoughts, enlarge/reduce, fear, foresight, gaseous form, glyph of warding, legend lore, Leomund's tiny hut, mass suggestion, mislead, misty step, Mordenkainen's faithful hound, prismatic spray, ray of enfeeblement, silent image, teleport and thunderwave. Based on the latest adventures like Tomb of Annihilation, it's been typical to sort by level and separate them.

Hide of the Feral Guardian is missing: Polymorph. Even though it is only able to be used for up to 3 specific creatures, the spell is still good to be linked due to stuff like how long it would last.

Infiltrator's Key: Alter Self, Invisibility, knock, pass without a trace, dimension door, gaseous form, mislead.

Stormgirdle: control weather

Verminshroud: Polymorph for the same reason as Hide of the Feral Guardian, insect plague

Wreath of the Prism: dominate monster

Duskcrusher: sunbeam

Needle of Mending: mending

Reincarnation Dust: Reincarnate

Ring of Obscuring: Fog Cloud

Staff of Dunamancy: fortune's favor, pulse wave, gravity sinkhole

-------

Infiltrator's Key might be better labeled as a Weapon instead of a Wondrous Item for the sake of Fantasy Grounds. Or creating a separate item called "Infiltrator's Key (Dagger Form)" simply because it can transform into a +1 magic dagger that can return to your hand after throwing it.

Verminshroud doesn't have links to the NPCs Rat, Giant Rat, Giant Wasp or Giant Scorpion.

Paperclipkiller
March 22nd, 2020, 23:55
Curse of Strahd

Not a bug, just another consistency thing. Spellbooks in new adventures like say "Tomb of Annihilation" sort their spells by level and separates them. Curse of Strahd has them sorted, but not separated. It also doesn't described what a Spellbook is at the bottom, or have the header "Description" at the top. Attached image gives a comparison between a Curse of Strahd spellbook and a newer adventures spellbook. Curse of Strahd is on the right.

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2020, 00:07
Curse of Strahd

Not a bug, just another consistency thing. Spellbooks in new adventures like say "Tomb of Annihilation" sort their spells by level and separates them. Curse of Strahd has them sorted, but not separated. It also doesn't described what a Spellbook is at the bottom, or have the header "Description" at the top. Attached image gives a comparison between a Curse of Strahd spellbook and a newer adventures spellbook. Curse of Strahd is on the right.
Not sure why I did that for ToA, I normally just list them like in CoS.

sciencephile
March 23rd, 2020, 18:45

These are all magic items missing spells.

Verminshroud doesn't have links to the NPCs Rat, Giant Rat, Giant Wasp or Giant Scorpion.

Gotcha. Thanks for the report. To be honest, this was my bad. I forgot to link the spells/npcs you listed.

I will get those fixed today, though due to the fact that the next update is tomorrow morning, these fixes will likely not make it to the live server until next Tuesday.

UPDATE:

All Explorer's Guide to Wildemount errors reported above this post have been pushed to the test server and will be pushed live in the near future (most likely the Tuesday update after tomorrow's).

Ecks
March 25th, 2020, 01:31
A few minor typos from the Tomb of Annihilation module:

Quests -> Retrieve a Stolen Item: Stormfanh -> Stormfang
Quests -> Help a Dyeing Man: Omal -> Omala
Quests -> Create a Distraction: should "a pair tabaxi siblings" be "a pair of tabaxi siblings"? (This is a typo in the physical book as well).

A few of the dinosaur NPCs seem to have incorrect artwork for their tokens, but perhaps this is due to an artwork limitation in the source material?

Allosaurus is using Zombie T-Rex token
Ankylosaurus - not sure?
Tyrannosaurus Rex is using King of Feathers token instead of T-Rex token
Zongo is using T-Rex token instead of Triceratops token

Zacchaeus
March 25th, 2020, 02:28
Thanks for the reports in the typos.

Yes, the available dinosaur artwork is extremely limited (basically one composite image), so I did what I could to give them all reasonably unique tokens. Alas not possible, but I thought something resembling a dinosaur would be better than a letter token.

Paperclipkiller
March 26th, 2020, 22:02
Explorers Guide to Wildemount

The Husk Zombie Burster needs a link in the Reference Manual. It would be in Chapter 7 under Husk Zombie.

Explorers Guide to Wildemount - Adventures

In the item "Blasting Powder" which is found in the Adventuring Gear Table, the paragraphs aren't separated. It says "damage on a successful one.\nA character can bind". The \n should be where the paragraph break is.

----------------

There are a ton of sections being labeled at the end of their Story sections rather then at the beginning. I think the module sorts the stuff in the "Story" section when opening the module. I know whenever there are subsections, the first one is given "00." instead of nothing so that it appears at the top of its list. Below are the ones that need the "00.".

"1.04. That Sinking Feeling" - "1.04.00. That Sinking Feeling"

"1.05. Seafarers" -> "1.05.00. Seafarers"

"1.06. Hunger of the Deep" -> "1.06.00. Hunger of the Deep"

"1.07. Ambush at Palma Flora" -> "1.07.00. Ambush at Palma Flora"

"1.08. Concluding the Adventure" -> "1.08.00. Concluding the Adventure"

"1. Tide of Retribution" -> "1.00. Tide of Retribution"

"2.04.08. Other Hupperdook Locations" -> "2.04.08.00. Other Hupperdook Locations"

"2.04. A Boom in the Night" -> "2.04.00. A Boom in the Night"

"2.05. Ascending the Mountain" -> "2.05.00. Ascending the Mountain"

"2.06. Stahlmast's Lair" -> "2.06.00 Stahlmast's Lair"

"2. Dangerous Designs" -> "2.00. Dangerous Designs"

"3.04. Mystery in Palebank Village" -> "3.04.00. Mystery in Palebank Village"

"3.05. Croaker Cave" -> "3.05.00. Croaker Cave"

"3.07. Jolly Dwarf" -> "3.07.00. Jolly Dwarf"

"3.08. Traveling to Eiselcross" -> "3.08.00. Traveling to Eiselcross"

"3.09. Syrinlya" -> "3.09.00 Syrinlya"

"3.10. Into the Wilds" -> "3.10.00. Into the Wilds"

"3.11. Salsvault" -> "3.11.00. Salsvault"

----------------

All the encounters in the 4 adventures aren't separated by labels at the beginning. For example the "Encounter: South Shore" battle should be "1.04.02. P1. South Shore" as that is where the encounter is found. Otherwise when looking at the Encounters in say "Adventure 1: Tide of Retribution" it is all out of order. This naming scheme I'm basing on how that's how they are like in other adventures like Curse of Strahd and Tomb of Annihilation.

Adventure 1: Tide of Retribution

"Encounter: South Shore" -> "1.04.02. P1. South Shore"

"Encounter: West Shore" -> "1.04.03. P2. West Shore"

"Encounter: North Shore" -> "1.04.04. P3. North Shore"

"Encounter: "East Shore" -> "1.04.05 P4. North Shore"

"Encounter: On the Open Sea" -> "1.06.07. Encounter on the Open Sea"

"Encounter: Showdown with Selachai" -> "1.07.04. Showdown with Selachai"

"Encounter: Ambush at Palma Flora" -> "1.07.00. Ambush at Palma Flora"

In an effort to avoid typing all the rest, It continues into Adventures 2-4 as well. If there are multiple encounters in the same Story page, like say in the Story "4.06.05. V4. Training Yard" they would say "4.06.05. V4. Training Yard - Full Complement", "4.06.05. V4. Training Yard - Guard Patrol" and "4.06.05. V4. Training Yard - Front Gate". This is based on how multiple encounters in the same Story Page are done in Tomb of Annihilation anyway.

Paperclipkiller
March 26th, 2020, 22:45
Explorers Guide to Wildemount

NPC Sahuagin Warlock of Uk'otoa needs a Variant NPC as well, with the "Retribution" Reaction ability listed in the "Other" tab of the NPC. Probably just named "Sahuagin Warlock of Uk'otoa Variant" or "Sahugain Warlock of Uk'otoa - Rod". Something to distinguish it.

The NPC "Tribal Warrior" should be renamed to Shark Hunter, this is reference in Story section "1.04.02. P1. South Shore".

In the encounter "Encounter: South Shore" both of the Shark Hunters have the names Elanza and Joao. Their races should be half-elf and tiefling respectively. The only way to have 2 separate stat blocks for their races included would to create NPCs in the NPC list called Elanza as well as Joao.

"Encounter: East Shore" has a named NPC called "Aurelio" that should be on the NPC list.

In "1.05.03. Interacting with the Crew" there are links to 6 NPC Story pages with NPCs listed in each one. Each of those NPCs needs a named NPC listed on the NPC list of the adventure that also includes their race. In particular, the NPC "Three Earrings" needs a climbing speed of 20 feet, the Feline Agility Trait which is listed in Story "1.05.05. Three Earrings's Plan" and Darkvision. Her languages are Common and Sahuagin. She needs the additional action of a melee weapon attack with her claws (+4 to hit), dealing 1d4 slashing damage on a hit. This is found in the same story section as the Feline Agility Trait.

"Encounter: On the Open Sea" has an NPC called Moonbeam Captain. They should be named "Voskiir Larth" and be a half-elf for their race. The details are mentioned in Story "1.06.07. Encounter on the Open Sea". The NPCs I named above should also have their stat blocks here replaced with the ones that will be made in the NPC list. Examples being Three Earrings and Boerth.

"Encounter: Ambush at Palma Flora" will need the various NPCs named to be replaced with the named ones on the NPC list.

"Encounter: Showdown with Selachai" has the NPC "Sahuagin Warlock of Uk'otoa" who needs the name Selachai and needs a named NPC on the NPC list. This name is found on "1.07.04. Showdown with Selachai". The named NPC on the list will also need the "Roleplaying Selachai" section in her "Other" tab which is found in story "1.07.04.02. Roleplaying Selachai".

Let me know if I should continue into Adventures 2-4 with the named NPC thing. If this isn't going to be done, I don't wanna type it all up for no reason :P

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2020, 22:49
Thanks PCK, I'll pass it all on.

Paperclipkiller
March 26th, 2020, 23:19

In section "3.06. Vials of Frigid Woe" it explains what a "Frigid Woe (Vial)" item does. That is not labeled in the Adventuring Gear Table. These should also be added to the main module. The disease Frigid Woe should probably also be described here since this module is only detailing chapter 5 for the adventures and having to go between 2 modules for 1 item would be annoying for a DM.

The Adventuring Gear "Arrow" is listed under Alchemical Supplies.

Adventuring Gear "Sprig of Mistletoe" is listed under Standard instead of Druidic Focus.

The item "Crossbow Bolts (20)" is found in Parcel "Treasure: Stahlmast Armory" but is not in the Adventuring Gear Table.

---

There are a few magic items listed in all of the adventures. A lot of them are listed in the parcels but not the magic item list. This is causing the parcel to create an item with no properties. They need to be added to the Magic Item list, and then the proper magic item needs to be added to the parcels.They are as follows:

Parcel "Inventory: Apothecary Store": Potion of Healing, Potion of Animal Friendship.

Parcel "Inventory: Brokenbank Apothecary": Potion of Water Breathing.

Inventory: Port Damali Smithy: Breathing Bubble

Treasure: Crumbling Tower (Chest): Pipes of Haunting

Treasure: Fort Venture Commander's Quarters (Chest): Potion of Mind Reading

Treasure: Fort Venture Jail (Alonne's Coat): Hunter's Coat

Treasure: Silver Falls Cavern: Ring of Obscuring

Treasure: Stahlmast Clockwork Forge: Goggles of Night

Treasure: Sunken Boneyard: Wand of Magic Detection

---

Non-Magic item Parcel items

Treasure: Frigid Woe Laboratory (Each Chest) has the items "Frigid Woe (Vial)" but those have no description. At the top of this post I described what should be in the item. The following Parcels also have Frigid Woe:

Treasure: Salsvault Disease Storage (Each Chest), Treasure, Salsvault Drowned Curative Laboratory.

In the Parcel "Inventory: Lay of the Land Herbalist" it has a generic item called "Perfume (vial)" instead of using the one in the Adventuring Gear that has cost and weight. Same with the item "Antitoxin (vial)", Incense (one block), and Oil (flask). I imagine it is due to how the words in the ( ) are not capitalized so they aren't pulling from the Adventuring Gear Table properly.

---

Story Section "1.07.04. Showdown with Selachai" may need a parcel added here. The text describing the room/creatures mentions Selachai lifting a gleaming scepter tipped with a glowing amber eye. Earlier in the module in "1.07. Ambush at Palma Flora" it says how Three Earrings urges the adventurers to get the Rod of Retribution from the Sahuagin leader. I imagine this is that as a Rod of Retribution is described as such. So a Parcel for it should be made.

I mentioned in my last post a need for a Sahuagin Warlock of Uk'otoa Variant to be made. Selachai should be a Variant one, not a standard one due to that rod.

In Story "1.07. Ambush at Palma Flora" towards the bottom, "rod of retribution" should be italicized like in the book.

That's all I got for now.

sciencephile
March 27th, 2020, 07:31
Thanks for the detailed bug report, paperclipkiller. I'm working on the changes that should be out next Tuesday. Also, thanks for referencing a module to go by (as far as standard practice). I didn't have any 5E modules so I had no template to emulate. I do now and your feedback has helped and is appreciated.

I will add the named NPCs. Here is the list of named NPCs that I found in adventures 2-4 (some may already be in the module). If you find any I missed, feel free to let me know:

Adventure 2:
Auby Shudderstorm
Watchmaster Bram Gulchswattle
Cleff and Rissa Tinkertop
Zendasa
Gnome Guard
Sleese Firemark
Nima Cinnarid
Ishel
Roguun
Huron Stahlmast

Adventure 3:
Elro
Mila Teno
Tulgi Lutan
Elf Bandit
Uttolot Bandit
Hulil Lutan
Raegrin Mau
Arl Bortock
Irren Liel and Fenton Tethwick
Morgo Delwur
The Buyer
Orvo Mustave

Adventure 4:
Ogre Lord Buhfal II
Graaf the Blacksmith
Quartermaster Krekk
Vreya Trestilya
Morgid
Dwendalian Veteran
Dewndialian Guard
Commander Struther Felmont
Parson Pellinost
Alonne Frith

EDIT: I just realized that it is Friday already. I have updated everything so far except the encounter/parcel naming schemes and the named NPCs. I will only have about 3 hours tomorrow to get changes into the system for this Tuesday's release. Given that, I will focus on the encounter/parcel naming schemes and then move on to named NPCs as time allows. The rest of the named NPCs will likely have to wait for the following update.

sciencephile
March 27th, 2020, 18:07
Just an update...

I was able to correct all the issues reported except the following:

* Tribal warrior rename
* South Shore Shark Hunter rename and customization towards race
* East Shore Aurelio NPC
* NPCs for Interacting with the Crew
* NPC record for Moonbeam Captain renamed and customized for Voskiir Larth
* Ambush at Palma Flora NPC renamed to named NPCs
* Named NPCs I have listed above that were not already address in the module.

Everything else was fixed and has been pushed to the TEST channel with a release during this Tuesday's update.

The remaining items will be corrected and will go out in the following Tuesday's release.

Paperclipkiller
March 27th, 2020, 19:25

In "2.06.20. L18. Stahlmast's Bedroom" it lists how the armoire holds 5 sets of fine clothing, and a sending stone. There should be a parcel for the Sending Stone (along with the item in Magic Items). Copying the "Sending Stones" magic item, making it not plural and adding a line saying "This sending stone is one of a pair." at the beginning of the description is how it was done in another Module (Tomb of Annihilation). The Weight should also be .15 since it is only 1 stone, not both which has a weight of .3 as listed in the DMG. Ideally there would also be the 5 sets of clothing in the parcel. So the "Clothes, Fine" item would need to be added to the Adventuring Gear - Standard section.

"Encounter: Croaker Cave Old Croaker's Pool", the Giant Ice Toad should be named "Old Croaker" specifically.

"Encounter: Approaching Salsvault", the Ice Mephits have the names Ziro and Glacies. This is said in Story "3.11.01. Approaching Salsvault".

Story "3.11.20. .S17. Ferol's Laboratory" specifies the Wight has name of Ferol, which is found in encounter "Encounter: Salsvault Ferol's Laboratory". That NPC should be added to the NPC list, and should have an Intelligence of 16 as denoted in the Story section. The "Roleplaying Ferol" can also be added to the Other Tab of Ferol's Monster character sheet.

In the same story section as above, it denotes how it has 6 tables in the room and how each table has a set of working alchemist's supplies on it. There should be a Parcel at the bottom of this section under where it says Tables that has 6 Alchemist's supplies in it, one for each table.

In the NPC list, the Golem Servant should have the (11d8 + 44) removed from next to its HP. If the DM has it set to roll monsters HP when added to the tracker, it will not have the specific 5HP it is supposed to have.

I missed something in a Parcel. "Treasure: Salsvault Drowned Curative Laboratory" needs an "ersatz eye" magic item as well as adding that to the magic item list. This is mentioned in the Story "3.11.21. S18. Drowned Curative Laboratory"

Story "4.05.09. B6. Ritual Stone" mentions at the bottom how the Ritual Stone Fragments can be used for some magical abilities. Creating a magic item called "Ritual Stone Fragment" with the description containing "A Fragment carries a... ...ceases to function after 1d3 + 1 days." will allow it to be easily tracked in the characters inventory. Then a Parcel should be made in this story section with a single Ritual Stone Fragment in it imo, since it is infinite technically how many they can grab here.

The NPC Mossback Steward, under Innate Spellcasting. The Suggestion and Divinitation spells aren't at will, they would be "1/short or long rest each:". Then you can get rid of the section saying "After casting divination or... or long rest." at the end of it since it will be said already. I can't think of an example where NPCs list they come back on a short rest for Innate spellcasting, but I know for long rests they do "1/day each:" with my example being the Drow from the Monster Manual.

Tomb of Annihilation

Super minor one, the Sending Stone magic item should have a weight of .15, since it is only 1 stone and both stones have a weight of .3 total in the DMG.

Monster Manual

I know we've talked about the Demilich and the max HP thing before. Looks like the fix of adding a space between "32d" and "4" just makes them add together as 36 for HP. I added (plus 92 due to Undead Nature) in the HP and it accomplishes the max HP effect. I added that as an attachment to this post. That's a workaround I found anyway to accomplish the Max HP effect the Demilich has. Whatever you end up doing for it, it would also need to be done to the Tomb of Horrors module for Tales from the Yawning Portal as that has Acererak in it as a Demilich.

sciencephile
March 27th, 2020, 20:17
Got it (for EGTW anyway as that is the one I work on). The fixes will be done and live for the following Tuesday update (4/7).

Zacchaeus
March 27th, 2020, 21:38

Monster Manual

I know we've talked about the Demilich and the max HP thing before. Looks like the fix of adding a space between "32d" and "4" just makes them add together as 36 for HP. I added (plus 92 due to Undead Nature) in the HP and it accomplishes the max HP effect. I added that as an attachment to this post. That's a workaround I found anyway to accomplish the Max HP effect the Demilich has. Whatever you end up doing for it, it would also need to be done to the Tomb of Horrors module for Tales from the Yawning Portal as that has Acererak in it as a Demilich.

Looks like I only tested with Standard hp option selected.

Paperclipkiller
March 28th, 2020, 21:00
Curse of Strahd

In Story sections "13.01.x33a x33a." through "13.01.X33f X33f.", excluding "13.01.X33d X33d.", they each have a Hazard door named after what Vault they are. The Amber door listed in that encounter right now is based on the one detailed in Story "13.01.X40 X40. Sealed Treasury". They should be based on the one detailed in "13.01.X33a X33a. Vault of Shalx" since the Amber Door to each vault is completely different from the Sealed Treasure one. They have different effects based on the first paragraph of "13.01.X33a X33a. Vault of Shalx". Creating another "Amber Door" NPC with some sort of way to differentiate it from the other 2 would help. The "Amber Doors" NPC has all the stats you need, just reduce the HP by 30.

All the Amber Door/Amber Doors NPCs have dice for their HP. They shouldn't have any dice since it's just a flat number for their HP. It causes problems when the DM has it set to roll for HP.

*edit: I realized I haven't reset my module on if that was fixed from the big update awhile back. I don't have time to check atm, due to session starting in just a bit. I will edit this out if I can check it before I get a response*

Zacchaeus
March 28th, 2020, 21:42
Curse of Strahd

In Story sections "13.01.x33a x33a." through "13.01.X33f X33f.", excluding "13.01.X33d X33d.", they each have a Hazard door named after what Vault they are. The Amber door listed in that encounter right now is based on the one detailed in Story "13.01.X40 X40. Sealed Treasury". They should be based on the one detailed in "13.01.X33a X33a. Vault of Shalx" since the Amber Door to each vault is completely different from the Sealed Treasure one. They have different effects based on the first paragraph of "13.01.X33a X33a. Vault of Shalx". Creating another "Amber Door" NPC with some sort of way to differentiate it from the other 2 would help. The "Amber Doors" NPC has all the stats you need, just reduce the HP by 30.

All the Amber Door/Amber Doors NPCs have dice for their HP. They shouldn't have any dice since it's just a flat number for their HP. It causes problems when the DM has it set to roll for HP.

*edit: I realized I haven't reset my module on if that was fixed from the big update awhile back. I don't have time to check atm, due to session starting in just a bit. I will edit this out if I can check it before I get a response*

No because I added all of those encounters in when I updated. I think that all that's happened is that in the encounters the trap i have added is the NPC 'Amber Door' instead of 'Amber Doors' since there is an NPC called Amber Doors in the module. I'll look into it in due course.

Paperclipkiller
March 28th, 2020, 21:49
The Amber Doors NPC won't work either, since that encounter has 60 HP instead of 30. The Amber Doors one is used in Story "13.01.X05c X5c. Locked Doors" and needs the 60HP there. There are 3 versions of the Amber Door trap and atm only 2 are made.

4wire
March 29th, 2020, 22:07
In Aqc Inc Adventures:
- Many encounters are missing tokens : Dock Ward, The Mystic, The mystic 2, Tentacle, A Detour to Neverwinter, The Tortured Tortle Mutiny, Secret Basement, etc.
- Some encounters have no CR/XP calculated for them or it is wrong probably because it wasn't refreshed after encounter creation.

Unity:
- The apostrophe (') is sometimes showing as a little square, e.g. In story "The Fissure" in setence "Various thieves’ ..."

In Acq Inc story "Decisionist" the text for Absentee ballot is still missing. "ABSENTEE BALLOT: Starting at rank 2, if a member of your franchise party is absent, you gain their vote and can decide quite confidently how they would have voted. In addition. if a vote is ever taken while you are absent, you can call for a recount and add your two votes to the final voting result. "

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2020, 22:23
I'll let the developer know.

rob2e
March 29th, 2020, 23:58
In Aqc Inc Adventures:
- Many encounters are missing tokens : Dock Ward, The Mystic, The mystic 2, Tentacle, A Detour to Neverwinter, The Tortured Tortle Mutiny, Secret Basement, etc.
- Some encounters have no CR/XP calculated for them or it is wrong probably because it wasn't refreshed after encounter creation.

Unity:
- The apostrophe (') is sometimes showing as a little square, e.g. In story "The Fissure" in setence "Various thieves’ ..."

In Acq Inc story "Decisionist" the text for Absentee ballot is still missing. "ABSENTEE BALLOT: Starting at rank 2, if a member of your franchise party is absent, you gain their vote and can decide quite confidently how they would have voted. In addition. if a vote is ever taken while you are absent, you can call for a recount and add your two votes to the final voting result. "

Fixed in next update.

sciencephile
March 30th, 2020, 16:55
All Explorer's Guide to Wildemount issues reported above are fixed. While most will come out in tomorrow's update, the ones replacing generic NPCs with named ones will likely not be out until the following release due to timing. Thanks.

Ecks
March 30th, 2020, 19:13
A few minor things from the first part of the Lost Mine of Phandelver module.

Pre-generated Characters:

Hill Dwarf (Soldier) Cleric

Missing 'Disciple of Life' on the Abilities tab
Missing Darkvision 60 under Senses on the main tab

High Elf (Acolyte) Wizard

Missing Darkvision 60 under Senses on the main tab

All

Armor and/or shields are not marked as equipped on inventory tab. All AC calculations are correct though.

Encounter: P1-04.06. Goblin Den - one of the goblins is not placed on the map

Typos:

Quest: Meet me in Phandalin - "gone on ahead with A warrior" - 'A' should be lowercase.
P1-02 Goblin Arrows: '"take care of business' text in the story entry is missing a closing end quote.

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2020, 22:09
Thanks Ecks, I'll add these to my list. As regards the Pergenerated characters I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fix that easily. I might have to think about a different approach to those.

Unahim
March 31st, 2020, 21:39
The option "Chat: Show Portaits" seems to be missing from the options menu. :/

I hate how the chat looks with portraits mixed in there, so this is a major bummer for me.

It's supposed to be right there just above "Show roll totals", but seems to have vanished. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Options)

Zacchaeus
March 31st, 2020, 22:03
The option "Chat: Show Portaits" seems to be missing from the options menu. :/

I hate how the chat looks with portraits mixed in there, so this is a major bummer for me.

It's supposed to be right there just above "Show roll totals", but seems to have vanished. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Options)

That must have been deprecated at some point and i didn't notice. I'll update the wiki. Thanks for the report.

Unahim
March 31st, 2020, 22:06
Ah, that's disappointing, thanks for the fast reply though.

Ecks
April 1st, 2020, 19:09
A few more minor issues from the Lost Mines of Phandelver module. Mostly just typos or formatting issues.

Story Entries
P0-01 Conversion Notes - text contains "&amp;" instead of just "&"

P0-10 Appendix A: Magic Items
The Item Attunement section incorrectly stats it takes 10 minutes to attune or end attunement to a magic item. It should require a short rest. Perhaps this story entry is from an earlier version of the adventure - the physical copy of the adventure has a single section here titled "Using a Magic Item" in Appendix A. This looks to be correct in the Reference Manual.

P0-11 Appendix B: Monsters

Formatting: "Abberations." should be bold to match other creature types in the list.
"Squeezing into a Smaller Space" section isn't quite correct. It says that a creature's speed is halved when squeezing into a smaller space, but it should read that a creature must spend 1 extra foot for every foot it moves there. The text here might've been from an earlier version of the rules? The paragraph from the physical copy is worded a bit differently. Note the Reference Manual is using the same terminology as the story entry.

Typo: P2-05. Stonehill Inn: Elsa's chat box says "Doran", should be "Daran". This typo is also in the Reference Manual entry for Stonehill Inn.
Typo: P2-07.08. Crevasse: "What the Rcdbrands Know", should be Redbrands"
Typo: P3-02 The Spider's Web: There is a missing space after the period in "in this section.Depending on" (also in Reference Manual: Part 3: The Spider's Web)

P3-03 Triboar Trail

Typo: "Conyherry" should be "Conyberry" (also in Reference Manual: Part 3 -> Triboar Trail)
Typo: Extraneous comma in "and a little bit, of foraging" (also in Reference Manual: Part 3 -> Triboar Trail)
Typo: Extraneous comma in "so that, you know which" (also in Reference Manual: Part 3 -> Wilderness Encounters)
Under "Wilderness Encounters" - the paragraph for Ghouls is not on its own line (it is instead combined with the Goblin entry above). It should be bold and italic to match the other encounters.
Typo: The Ghouls paragraph ends with a comma instead of a period: "for living flesh," (also in Reference Manual: Part 3 -> Wilderness Encounters)

Typo: P3-06.04. Druid's Watch: "When Reidoth visits Thundertrec" should be "Thundertree". (also in the Reference Manual: Part 3 -> Druid's Watch)

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2020, 21:28
Thanks ecks; I suspect that you are correct that when LMoP was published those were the rules. WotC have never published any errata for LMoP that I'm aware of but I'll fix those that you mentioned to bring it into line with the current rules.

Haubregondefer
April 2nd, 2020, 04:33
Dragon of Icespire Peak:

Player map of Icespire hold has right-hand side trimmed off. Occurs in both classic and FGU.

Overlaid comparison of DM and player map attached.

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2020, 10:38
Dragon of Icespire Peak:

Player map of Icespire hold has right-hand side trimmed off. Occurs in both classic and FGU.

The Roof and the Undercroft are on separate battlemaps.The map was too big to include as a single entity so it was split into three maps. See Icespire Hold Locations for the links to all three.

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2020, 10:39
Dragon of Icespire Peak:

Hi Haubregondefer, welcome to FG

The Roof and the Undercroft are on separate battlemaps.The map was too big to include as a single entity so it was split into three maps. See Icespire Hold Locations for the links to all three.

Haubregondefer
April 2nd, 2020, 11:59

Ahah! So they are. I slouch corrected. Not a priority, but it might be helpful to label these 'Icespire Hold: Undercroft' etc.

Many thanks.

Maetco
April 3rd, 2020, 17:25
Strongholds & Followers

Probably missing content in the Wizard’s Library Demesne Effects, third point starts with:

“Once per day, the wizard” and that’s it.

Also, there are many typo kind of cases with “R”. For example Strongholds by Class, second chapter starts:

“The stronghold foReach class…” Two words are typed together and the “R” is capital.

Tiosan
April 4th, 2020, 01:48
Module: Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Issue: Encounter for Desert Jackalwere contains a pointer to some other module for the included Jackalwere creature

How to Reproduce: Open Encounters, open "Desert Jackalwere" encounter, click on the drag-able icon for creature details

Are we supposed to own another module to use encounters built into this one?

Tyrannosaurus VeX
April 4th, 2020, 03:57
D&D Essential's Kit

Expert NPC

Not sure what's going on there, but it looks like the skills kinda migrated down to Traits and decided that one hand + Stealth equals = Secret Quarterstaff

https://i.imgur.com/WpYLcDW.jpg

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2020, 10:02
Module: Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Issue: Encounter for Desert Jackalwere contains a pointer to some other module for the included Jackalwere creature

How to Reproduce: Open Encounters, open "Desert Jackalwere" encounter, click on the drag-able icon for creature details

Are we supposed to own another module to use encounters built into this one?

Yes, you need the Monster Manual for those encounters to work since the monsters are in the Monster Manual and not in Xanathar. As long as the MM is open in the same campaign the links will work.

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2020, 10:03
D&D Essential's Kit

Expert NPC

Not sure what's going on there, but it looks like the skills kinda migrated down to Traits and decided that one hand + Stealth equals = Secret Quarterstaff

Yes, this one's already on my list

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2020, 10:12
Strongholds & Followers

Probably missing content in the Wizard’s Library Demesne Effects, third point starts with:

“Once per day, the wizard” and that’s it.

Also, there are many typo kind of cases with “R”. For example Strongholds by Class, second chapter starts:

“The stronghold foReach class…” Two words are typed together and the “R” is capital.

Thanks Maetco; noted for correction.

bmos
April 4th, 2020, 12:01
Here's pictures of what's new in the latest Xanthar's Guide printing:
https://www.sageadvice.eu/2020/04/01/xanathars-guide-everything-errata/

Official errata doc coming soon, apparently, but should be all at that link already.

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2020, 16:38
Here's pictures of what's new in the latest Xanthar's Guide printing:
https://www.sageadvice.eu/2020/04/01/xanathars-guide-everything-errata/

Official errata doc coming soon, apparently, but should be all at that link already.

Yes, someone reported somewhere else that there was errata due. I'll keep an eye out for it but if you see it before I do send me a link.

Paperclipkiller
April 4th, 2020, 20:16
Curse of Strahd

In Story "13.01.X27 X27. Lich's Lair" it talks about how the Lich has fewer hit points then normal (specifically 99) and no prepared spells. The NPC in the first encounter "13.01.27 X27. Lich's Lair" has that all however the HP will be rolled at the moment, similar to our Demilich discussion before. I don't know if you have any plan in place to adjust the Demilich to work with rolling HP but if you do, it would need to be done on the Decrepit Skeleton in the listed encounter.

There is a variant NPC in this Story where you cast Greater Restoration up to 2 times on the Lich, restoring things each time. There is an encounter if you cast it twice, but not if you cast it once. There should be an encounter for when you cast it once. It would be a modified Lich with the HP set at 99 and its name of Exethanter. "Exethanter (Weakened)" as a name may work as a way to differentiate them in the NPC list easily once made.

UltimateGM
April 4th, 2020, 22:37
Searched and couldn't find it but con modifier is not adding to the character's hp.

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2020, 22:57
Searched and couldn't find it but con modifier is not adding to the character's hp.
It is for me. Can you test in a new campaign with no extensions and if still an issue report again with the steps to reproduce.

UltimateGM
April 4th, 2020, 23:04
Started a new campaign no extensions loaded. Loaded Players Handbook Module. Created a new PC. Dropped Paladin into the class section of the character sheet. Typed 12 into the Con box under abilities. Clicked out of the con box and Max hp still shows 10.

LordEntrails
April 5th, 2020, 04:48
Started a new campaign no extensions loaded. Loaded Players Handbook Module. Created a new PC. Dropped Paladin into the class section of the character sheet. Typed 12 into the Con box under abilities. Clicked out of the con box and Max hp still shows 10.
You need to create the character in the correct order. If you modify an ability score after you have added a class, FG will not update the hit points.

When creating a character, set the attributes before you add race, add race before you add class. I always do it in the order; ability scores, background, race, class.

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2020, 08:39

The only time FG automatically calculates hit points is on level up. If you amend the CON for any reason other than levelling up then you'll need to adjust the Hit Points manually. As LE says for a starting character add in ability scores (without racial bonuses) before adding race, background and finally class to get the correct hit point total.

UltimateGM
April 5th, 2020, 15:26
Ok thanks guys I figured it was something easy I was missing.

Zacchaeus
April 6th, 2020, 13:28
D&D Essential's Kit

Expert NPC

On investigating this I find that I fixed this issue some time ago. Can you try deleting the file WOTC5EDDE from your vault folder and update FG.

Paperclipkiller
April 6th, 2020, 20:37
New Errata for PHB, Xanathars, Mordenkainens and Out of the Abyss. The links to the Errata are in the document he posted.

https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/1247240580083548160

Direct Links below.

PHB: https://media.wizards.com/2020/dnd/downloads/PH-Errata.pdf

Xanathar: https://media.wizards.com/2020/dnd/downloads/XGtE-Errata.pdf

Mordenkainen: https://media.wizards.com/2020/dnd/downloads/MTF-Errata.pdf

OOTA: https://media.wizards.com/2020/dnd/downloads/OotA-Errata.pdf

Zacchaeus
April 6th, 2020, 21:33
Yes, I got an email earlier today. Thanks for the links though.

Paperclipkiller
April 7th, 2020, 05:44
Alright so this is not a bug, more of a question about what y'all do when WOTC has a typo that will break your automation? It may not have been noticed during parsing, but Yeenoghu in Mordenkainens Tome of Foes has ability scores that don't match their modifiers. His Con score says 23 with a modifier of +8 and his Intelligence is 15 with a modifier of +3 in the physical book. Nothing has been released that addresses it.

I did some math with his HP, and it makes me believe his modifier is the correct one as it adds up perfectly. I've got no way to check his Intelligence. But if the parser only checks the score, Yeenoghu will have a lowered Intelligence saving throws and checks. Same thing with Constitution checks.

I am not actually on my computer to check how it is in FG, but unless the parser can override the automation and have the modifier not affected by the score, something will be wrong.

Do you guys have anything you have set for when WOTC has a mistake like this? A possible solution would be changing the Scores to reflect the Modifiers and then note in the another Tab why, and what the scores should be. Since it does appear his health at least is based on the Modifier anyway.

sciencephile
April 7th, 2020, 07:01
I can't speak for everyone who works on 5E materials as I'm more new to 5E in general. I have done a ton with Pathfinder and Starfinder and believe me, errors in the source is not unique to WotC.

When I found problems like this, first I would check to see if errata existed to fix it. If not, then I would just make a judgement call on what they meant based on the other stats. For instance, if the HP did support the +8 CON modifier or a INT-based skill supported the +3 INT modifier, then I just changed the CON and INT ability scores to a number that supported the modifier. If, however, the HP or INT-based skills supported the +7 and +2 ability scores, then I would change the modifiers to match the ability scores themselves. Then I would log the change in the change log of the module to indicate that I corrected the original source material to fix an obvious mistake.

Zacchaeus
April 7th, 2020, 09:54
You assume too much. I'd never even spot that in the first place. Unless something hits me in the face when developing stuff there's no way to notice subtleties like this. The ability score bonus I think is ignored by parse and by FG and it works out the bonus according to the score. So if the score is wrong then the modifier will be wrong - and looking at Yeenoghu that is the case.

If I did notice anything I'd email WotC, but in 5 years I think I've only ever had to do that once and I don't think I ever got a reply.

Paperclipkiller
April 7th, 2020, 13:09
He's like this in Out of the Abyss as well. If you wanted to do a "fix" I think 26 and 16 are correct for Yeenoghus Constitution and Intelligence respectively.

If I had to guess, while typing him they were typing using Num Pad and typed a 3 instead of 6 as well as a 5 instead of a 6. Both are right next to it plus 26 and 16 work with the modifiers they have listed.

Zacchaeus
April 7th, 2020, 15:26
Yes, I've already submitted revised modules which includes all the errata mentioned.

sciencephile
April 7th, 2020, 15:48
To be clear, whenever I have fixed incorrect stats in the past, it's because I *happened* to notice it. That is rare as I don't read the module from top to bottom, analyze all NPCs, etc. trying to look for problems in the game mechanics. I don't think it is realistic to expect anyone to catch problems in the source material. What I stated above was more from a standpoint that I happened to discover the problem and how I dealt with it when it did happen. It was not to create an overall expectation for myself or anyone else :)

Paperclipkiller
April 9th, 2020, 01:31
Players Handbook

In the Reference Manual, Chapter 5, under "Food, Drink, and Lodging" it says the costs of various things on the sides. While most of those items you can't bring with you, adding the item "Wine, Fine (bottle)" may be worth it to the Equipment section of the module. It may just be my players but I always find them wanting to buy a few bottles to bring with them on the road to store in their Bag of Holding.

All of the ones below can be found in the Reference Manual

In the "Menagerie Coast (O-P). under Othermoor there is a section called "Herbs of Othemoor". Those have 4 mundane items that have various effects. The Muroosa Balm should have 2 versions. A 1GP one for sunburn, and a 100GP one for the resistance against fire damage one.

Scrolling further down in "Menagerie Coast (O-P) you have Port Damali. In that section it details Skyships. Since those are vehicles, a "Flying Vehicles" section should probably be added to the "Equipment" section of the book with the Skyship and its details inside it. The basis for that I found in the PHB and how it lists "Drawn Vehicles" and "Waterborne Vehicles" there in separate sections.

Under "Zemni Fields (R-Z) there is a section called "Velvin Thicket". That has a subsection called "Dyolet Fruit". In there, it describes the Dylot Fruit and 2 variations. There is the base Dylot Fruit that isn't imbued with anything. The other 2 I will give the names "Healing Dylot Fruit" and "Greater Healing Dylot Fruit" since the 2 variations can replicate the effects of a Potion of Healing or a Potion of Greater Healing. The 2 variations should probably have the descriptions of the healing effects from both potions put into the descriptions of the appropriate fruit.

Under "Eiselcross (A-L)" there is the section "Allowak's Sanctuary". They list modified Yetis and Abominable Yetis and their changes in it. I don't know if you are allowed to add modified versions of them, but they are there.

Under "Eiselcross (A-L)" there is the section "Syrinlya". Just like the Yetis above, there is a modified creature here. It's an Animated Tree using the treant stat block with some changes listed.

Still under "Eiselcross (A-L)", the section "Tomb of the Worm" has an "item" of sorts that may not qualify. I bring it up just in case. It's the "Undermaw's flesh". It specifies what happens when you consume it within 10 days of removal of it. So a player could potentially add it to their inventory. Giving it some sort of appropriate non-ID name would be appropriate. Maybe just "Hunk of Flesh" or something. That's even if you add it as an item.

Still under "Tomb of the Worm", in the Adventure's section it lists a treasure of "ivory necklace" that is worth 100gp. A "Treasure" section in the Equipment section of the module would be appropriate to put it in like how it is done in the Dungeon Masters Guide.

In the section "Wastes of Xhorhas (A-L)" there is the section "Asarius, The City of Beasts". At the bottom of this section it lists Moorbounders as mounts and their cost of 300-500GP. The PHB lists "Mounts and other Animals" in the Equipment section. Making a "Mounts" section with the Moorbounders would make sense.

In "The Wastes of Xhorhas (M-Z), there is the section Urzin. There is a modified "Horizonback Tortoise" that is found in the Urzin Adventures subsection. The addition is it has the Regeneration feature taken from a troll. No idea if that is worth adding as an additional creature or not.

That's it for everything related to the Reference Manual.

There are no Dunamancy Spell Scrolls in the Magic Items section.

Some of these I listed I know are pushing it for if they are "missing" but I listed them just in case.

FirstFrost
April 9th, 2020, 07:44
5E Unearthed Arcana Sorcerer Spells

It appears that all of the Sorcerer spells listed in the 'DD 5E Unearthed Arcana Players' and 'DD 5E Unearthed Arcana DM' Groups have been attributed to a Source typo of "Sorceror", so they do not appear if you filter in the Spells list window with a Source pop-up list choice of "Sorcerer". And there is also a Source filter choice of "Sorceror" from the pop-up list.

Sage of Souls
April 9th, 2020, 08:04
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but you can't edit font style in Feature boxes in the Classes list. So if you wanted to make a custom class and try to add features and edit font (embolden, italicize, underline), you can't.

FirstFrost
April 9th, 2020, 09:05
Discovered a typo in a few places in the Fantasy Grounds conversion of Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure module. Saltmarsh is misspelled as "Satlmarsh" for '2. Chapter 2' Group in the Story listings and Story Templates listings and in the Reference Manual for the module. Screenshots attached to show locations. I had made a correction in the Story Groups list and that cascaded a whole bunch of association changes in the database that made navigation a bit of a challenge at times.

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2020, 09:28
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but you can't edit font style in Feature boxes in the Classes list. So if you wanted to make a custom class and try to add features and edit font (embolden, italicize, underline), you can't.

Yes you can. Highlight the text and press the normal CTRL+B for Bold CTRL+I for itallic and CTRL+U for underline.You can also combine these so you can have bold and italic or italic and underline by pressing the appropriate keys while the text is selected. This is true for any area that you can have formatted text.

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2020, 09:30
Discovered a typo in a few places in the Fantasy Grounds conversion of Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure module. Saltmarsh is misspelled as "Satlmarsh" for '2. Chapter 2' Group in the Story listings and Story Templates listings and in the Reference Manual for the module. Screenshots attached to show locations. I had made a correction in the Story Groups list and that cascaded a whole bunch of association changes in the database that made navigation a bit of a challenge at times.

Hah, brilliant. How has that not been spotted before now.

Thanks for your report I'll get that fixed ASAP.

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2020, 09:39
Players Handbook

In the Reference Manual, Chapter 5, under "Food, Drink, and Lodging" it says the costs of various things on the sides. While most of those items you can't bring with you, adding the item "Wine, Fine (bottle)" may be worth it to the Equipment section of the module. It may just be my players but I always find them wanting to buy a few bottles to bring with them on the road to store in their Bag of Holding.

You can add one yourself. I don't know what the cost or weight might be and so I'm reluctant to start making things up. That kind of thing causes controversy you know. People like astromath and Paperclipkiller would be on my case if I got it wrong :)

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2020, 10:00
5E Unearthed Arcana Sorcerer Spells

It appears that all of the Sorcerer spells listed in the 'DD 5E Unearthed Arcana Players' and 'DD 5E Unearthed Arcana DM' Groups have been attributed to a Source typo of "Sorceror", so they do not appear if you filter in the Spells list window with a Source pop-up list choice of "Sorcerer". And there is also a Source filter choice of "Sorceror" from the pop-up list.

Thanks for your report. I'll get that fixed when the next issue gets released.

Paperclipkiller
April 9th, 2020, 12:32
You can add one yourself. I don't know what the cost or weight might be and so I'm reluctant to start making things up. That kind of thing causes controversy you know. People like astromath and Paperclipkiller would be on my case if I got it wrong :)

Bahaha I figured I would have mentioned it just in case. Fair enough. :) if it makes any difference it does specify the cost is 10GP.

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2020, 12:40
Bahaha I figured I would have mentioned it just in case. Fair enough. :) if it makes any difference it does specify the cost is 10GP.

Ah, but that price would include corkage if bought from an Inn. It would be cheaper in Tescos :)

Paperclipkiller
April 9th, 2020, 13:53
Ah, but that price would include corkage if bought from an Inn. It would be cheaper in Tescos :)

We don't have a Tescos here so I'll take your word on that haha. Wine is definitely more expensive in D&D then in a grocer.

Also I just found the weight. It would be 2lbs as that's how much a Bottle is when full. I didn't realize that when making the post. I'll still continue just using what I made regardless but there's your weight and cost :P That's what I get for making posts super early/late. I'll miss stuff haha.

Sage of Souls
April 9th, 2020, 19:17
Yes you can. Highlight the text and press the normal CTRL+B for Bold CTRL+I for itallic and CTRL+U for underline.You can also combine these so you can have bold and italic or italic and underline by pressing the appropriate keys while the text is selected. This is true for any area that you can have formatted text.

That has never worked for me on Fantasy Grounds for some reason. I've tried many times.

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2020, 19:26
That has never worked for me on Fantasy Grounds for some reason. I've tried many times.

Not everything will accept formatted text so it all depends on where you are trying. It will certainly work on a story entry for example. If you aren't seeing this then I'm not sure what that issue might be.

Sage of Souls
April 9th, 2020, 19:28
Not everything will accept formatted text so it all depends on where you are trying. It will certainly work on a story entry for example. If you aren't seeing this then I'm not sure what that issue might be.

I'll see what I can do.

sciencephile
April 9th, 2020, 21:37
Players Handbook

All of the ones below can be found in the Reference Manual

In the "Menagerie Coast (O-P). under Othermoor there is a section called "Herbs of Othemoor". Those have 4 mundane items that have various effects. The Muroosa Balm should have 2 versions. A 1GP one for sunburn, and a 100GP one for the resistance against fire damage one.

... (snipping to shorten response thread)

Some of these I listed I know are pushing it for if they are "missing" but I listed them just in case.

The fixes you suggested for the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount seemed reasonable enough so I implemented all of them (with one exception) ... see notes below.

* Theki Root (one of the herbs of the Othemoor) is listed as theki Root. This is due to an issue with the developer tools used to convert the item. I have reported this but honestly, it's not a huge deal and not as important as implementing Unity. This will likely be fixed in the future when time allows but for now I am mentioning it so it is known that it was on purpose.

* The Skyship is not implemented due to a similar issue with the development tools. A category of Airborne Vehicles will need to be added before the tools will allow it to be added. It can be added as a Waterborne Vehicle but that didn't make sense. This is put on hold until the fix happens.

* I created an item called Undermaw Flesh. As far as a non-ID name, that will have to be added by a DM when he/she adds it. I did create a feat called "Template: Wormkin". This will allow A DM to give this to a player should he/she eat the flesh and fail the save.

* I added the Moorbounder as a mount. There was no max weight listed but I put its max the same as a warhorse as its strength is the same as a warhorse. DMs can change this if they choose, but this was a reasonable assumption.

Two other things I did which weren't part of this list:

* I moved the Supernatural Gift: Hollow One from an equipment item to a feat. In adventure modules, supernatural gifts are equipment items that DMs can give the players. In this case, while still a DM call, it is more closely related to a player option. Making it a feat made it cleaner to track in this case. I also added to the player's version of the module so the can see it and have access should they have permission from their DM to use it.

* I added the Feolinn and Kamdorah wines to the equipment list. This is a deviation from the PHB. While I agree with Zacchaeus that the wine in the PHB is more for taverns (and thus justifies not adding it as a player carry item), the wines specifically called out in Wildemount do have quests based on some of them. I also foresee the potential for adventurers to purchase a bunch of a particular wine to re-sell or deliver as part of quests to another region. For these reasons, creating equipment items for the wines made sense.

Thanks,
Danny

Paperclipkiller
April 9th, 2020, 21:56
The fixes you suggested for the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount seemed reasonable enough so I implemented all of them (with one exception) ... see notes below.

* I added the Feolinn and Kamdorah wines to the equipment list. This is a deviation from the PHB. While I agree with Zacchaeus that the wine in the PHB is more for taverns (and thus justifies not adding it as a player carry item), the wines specifically called out in Wildemount do have quests based on some of them. I also foresee the potential for adventurers to purchase a bunch of a particular wine to re-sell or deliver as part of quests to another region. For these reasons, creating equipment items for the wines made sense.

Thanks,
Danny

Funny thing, I deleted those in an edit.

In regards to the Hallowed One being moved to feat, will there be text saying in the description it's labeled as a Feat for tracking purposes and not an actual Feat? Otherwise Players who don't know any better may use it unintentionally. It's a hard call to make regardless simply due to some FG limitations.

sciencephile
April 9th, 2020, 22:01
It is labeled as "Supernatural Gift: Hollow One" as its name. That should make it pretty clear it's not a feat. Same with the "Template: Wormkin" (though this one isn't in the player version). I purposefully put the "Supernatural Gift: " and "Template: " in front of the name to label them as what they were, instead of a typical feat.

Ecks
April 10th, 2020, 01:39
A few typos from Lost Mines of Phandelver:

Typo: Reference Manual -> Part 2: Phandalin -> Alderleaf Farm: In the first paragraph - "and is wilting to let" - "wilting" should be "willing".
Typo: Story: P2-05.Stonehill Inn: Box text says "newly built roadhose" - "roadhose" should be "roadhouse"
Typo: Story: P2-05.Stonehill Inn: In the first paragraph after the boxed text: "persuade a farmer such as Doran" - "Doran" should be "Daran".
Typo: Story: P2-07.09.Guard Barracks: In "Mask wears the eye patch" - "Mask" should be "Mosk"
Typo: Pre-generated Character -> Halfling Rogue Criminal: The bond on the Notes tab says "Alderlead", should be "Alderleaf".
Item: Lightbringer - the Properties field includes "-,"
In the Items group "Magic Items: D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver", the various spell scrolls have interesting costs associated with them (e.g. 26gp, 224gp). Should these costs be the typical ranges used for other magic items (Common 50-100gp, Uncommon 101-500gp, etc)?

Note, I've been reporting these typos as I find them, but if it is preferable I could wait and make one post after I've run through the entire module.

astromath
April 10th, 2020, 04:53

Yep. :)

astromath
April 10th, 2020, 05:04
We don't have a Tescos here so I'll take your word on that haha. Wine is definitely more expensive in D&D then in a grocer.

Also I just found the weight. It would be 2lbs as that's how much a Bottle is when full. I didn't realize that when making the post. I'll still continue just using what I made regardless but there's your weight and cost :P That's what I get for making posts super early/late. I'll miss stuff haha.

Why not just simply buy waterskins and reflavor them as wineskins and redo the pricing of the wine to fit the wineskin. IOW, you would have wineskin (full, x wine) x gp, wineskin (full, y wine) y gp, etc. The beauty of using wineskins is that they are easily refillable, where bottles are not (at least without the proper tool and training in that tool).

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2020, 09:30
A few typos from Lost Mines of Phandelver:

Typo: Reference Manual -> Part 2: Phandalin -> Alderleaf Farm: In the first paragraph - "and is wilting to let" - "wilting" should be "willing".
Typo: Story: P2-05.Stonehill Inn: Box text says "newly built roadhose" - "roadhose" should be "roadhouse"
Typo: Story: P2-05.Stonehill Inn: In the first paragraph after the boxed text: "persuade a farmer such as Doran" - "Doran" should be "Daran".
Typo: Story: P2-07.09.Guard Barracks: In "Mask wears the eye patch" - "Mask" should be "Mosk"
Typo: Pre-generated Character -> Halfling Rogue Criminal: The bond on the Notes tab says "Alderlead", should be "Alderleaf".
Item: Lightbringer - the Properties field includes "-,"
In the Items group "Magic Items: D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver", the various spell scrolls have interesting costs associated with them (e.g. 26gp, 224gp). Should these costs be the typical ranges used for other magic items (Common 50-100gp, Uncommon 101-500gp, etc)?

Note, I've been reporting these typos as I find them, but if it is preferable I could wait and make one post after I've run through the entire module.

You can post in any format you like. I've got another project that will keep me busy for a while so I won't be able to get around to these any time soon. See this post for an explanation for the Magic Item prices https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49201-5e-Bug-Reports-(Part-5)&p=454884&viewfull=1#post454884

Paperclipkiller
April 11th, 2020, 22:05
Curse of Strahd

Parcel "13.01.x40 Pile 3" needs 75 bottles added to it.

Parcel "13.01.X40 Pile 5" has the item "Marble Vase" in it. The weight for it should be 100lbs, not 150lbs.

Parcel "13.01.X40 Pile 6" has the item "Gold Coin". The item description says nothing about how they are wooden coins and instead says it is "A fine gold coin"

The description for each of these parcels can be found in Story "13.01.X40 X40. Sealed Treasury".

BrettM
April 11th, 2020, 22:53
Volo's Guide to Monsters

In the "Other" tab of the NPC entry for both the "Orc Blade of Ilneval" and "Orc Claw of Luthic" link to the same image which, when opened, is named "Blade-of-Ilneval". Based on the text in Volo's, I believe this image is actually an Orc Claw of Luthic (reading the "Orc Claw" entry in Volo's -- it talks about long claws, which the image certainly has -- the "Orc Blade" entry doesn't mention claws.)

Here are the changes I believe may be needed, if my above guesses are right:
* change the name of the image from "Blade-of-Ilneval" to "Orc Claw of Luthic" (or similar)
* remove the image link from the "Other" tab from the Orc Blade of Ilneval NPC entry
* potentially change / remove the 'Orc Claw' token image from the Orc Blade of Ilneval NPC entry

Paperclipkiller
April 12th, 2020, 05:54
Monster Manual

Liches have their Damage Resistances under their Skills right now in their Stat Sheet.

I know Curse of Strahd has a Lich in it named Exethanter that would need it fixed, as well as the Decrepit Skeleton Stat block.

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 11:24
Volo's Guide to Monsters

In the "Other" tab of the NPC entry for both the "Orc Blade of Ilneval" and "Orc Claw of Luthic" link to the same image which, when opened, is named "Blade-of-Ilneval". Based on the text in Volo's, I believe this image is actually an Orc Claw of Luthic (reading the "Orc Claw" entry in Volo's -- it talks about long claws, which the image certainly has -- the "Orc Blade" entry doesn't mention claws.)

Here are the changes I believe may be needed, if my above guesses are right:
* change the name of the image from "Blade-of-Ilneval" to "Orc Claw of Luthic" (or similar)
* remove the image link from the "Other" tab from the Orc Blade of Ilneval NPC entry
* potentially change / remove the 'Orc Claw' token image from the Orc Blade of Ilneval NPC entry

I included the graphic in both so that both had a picture and so that I could do a token for both. There wasn't enough Orc images to give them all a separate image so I duplicated some.

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 11:28
Curse of Strahd

Parcel "13.01.x40 Pile 3" needs 75 bottles added to it.

Parcel "13.01.X40 Pile 5" has the item "Marble Vase" in it. The weight for it should be 100lbs, not 150lbs.

Parcel "13.01.X40 Pile 6" has the item "Gold Coin". The item description says nothing about how they are wooden coins and instead says it is "A fine gold coin"

The description for each of these parcels can be found in Story "13.01.X40 X40. Sealed Treasury".

The DM knows the coins are worthless but why give the game away to the players?

The others are noted.

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 11:31
Monster Manual

Liches have their Damage Resistances under their Skills right now in their Stat Sheet.

I know Curse of Strahd has a Lich in it named Exethanter that would need it fixed, as well as the Decrepit Skeleton Stat block.

Noted

Rafter
April 12th, 2020, 13:53
Not sure if I am reporting to problems in FGU ver. 4.0: I have found the shortcut menu on the opening splash screen does not load modules/books. I have gone straight to the library and loaded modules/books that way and the load time was well under 10 seconds for each item.

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 14:11
Not sure if I am reporting to problems in FGU ver. 4.0: I have found the shortcut menu on the opening splash screen does not load modules/books. I have gone straight to the library and loaded modules/books that way and the load time was well under 10 seconds for each item.

Your other post was the correct place to report this. See my reply there.

Conspiracy
April 13th, 2020, 10:26
Dungeon Master's Guide
Dwarven Thrower properties: Versatile (1d10), thrown, magic
The thrown property should include range: Versatile (1d10), thrown (range 20/60), magic

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2020, 16:21
Dungeon Master's Guide
Dwarven Thrower properties: Versatile (1d10), thrown, magic
The thrown property should include range: Versatile (1d10), thrown (range 20/60), magic

Noted, thanks for the report and welcome to FG.

rob2e
April 14th, 2020, 02:20
When leveling up an Artificer, the spell slots are assigned wrong"ly". It does not give slots in accordance wtith the CLASS table.

rob2e
April 14th, 2020, 02:58
Artificer Battle Smith Spells has a typo, Nerosim rather than Heroism.