PDA

View Full Version : Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Corrupted Map Images

CriticalRogue
January 11th, 2020, 04:37
I'm hosting a Hoard of the Dragon Queen campaign and it appears some of my maps have become corrupted. The right-hand side of the map is missing, and the map image seems to have shifted over to the right.

Compare that to this image pulled from D&D beyond, for what the extents of the map should contain.

Has anyone else had issues of maps cropping themselves?

CriticalRogue
January 11th, 2020, 04:58
Update from my own investigation: It appears FG decided to split the stables and kennels from the right of the map into separate maps, so the edit was done by the devs. Unfortunately this has the effect of misplacing the pins and grid (done by the module) and the LOS definitions (done by me).

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2020, 10:28
Yes, Hoard of the Dragon Queen was updated just before Christmas https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52946-Release-Updates-for-December-26th-2019

The problem with that map was that the grid didn't align with the stables and kennels so I removed those from the main map so that the grid would properly align. I redid the map pins and all of the encounters so that they were aligned with the new map, but if you have edited the map then you'll still be seeing your edits. You can right click on the map in the images list and select revert changes to get the realigned pins. However this will also remove your LOS definitions as well.

CriticalRogue
January 11th, 2020, 19:42
Excellent, and thanks for the link. I now see the fix to that secret door, and I can get rid of some of my tricky LOS definitions to keep it secret.

On a side note, would it still help if I posted my LOS definitions on the map updating thread? I don't know how far along other efforts are.

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2020, 20:35
Someone is already doing HotDQ so at the moment hang on to that thought. If they don't produce anything though I'd welcome your file.