PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Edition AD&D Looking for Players

viktorthepirate
January 11th, 2020, 01:00
FG License: GM has ultimate license so players can use free version.
Game System: AD&D 2nd Edition

Time Zone: US Eastern Standard Time
Day of week and time: Fridays at 7:30 PM (1930) EST

Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice Only
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: i.e. Have 2 players, need 1-2 more

marmoset
January 11th, 2020, 01:33
Hey viktorthepirate, I'd be interested. I played 2nd edition for most of my life- mostly casters. It's still my favorite edition but I'm a bit rusty since it's been years since I've played that edition and I lost my books in a flood. Friday's at 7:30-am whatever is fine (EST). Can you tell me a little bit about your GM style with 2nd? What is the setting etc? RP is my focus. I do enjoy combat of course but my characters tend to get themselves involved with the other PCs stories. I'm happy to have a very combat heavy slog for a session as long as next session there is some RP opportunity. It takes just a little to make me happy.

Formatt11223
January 12th, 2020, 01:22
FG License: GM has ultimate license so players can use free version.
Game System: AD&D 2nd Edition

Time Zone: US Eastern Standard Time
Day of week and time: Fridays at 7:30 PM (1930) EST

Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice Only
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: i.e. Have 2 players, need 1-2 more

Hi there, My name is Matt. I just recently picked up a copy of FG, its the standard edition. So, I really dont know how to use it. But, Ive heard great things about it. So, im stoked to learn. I used to play on Tabletop Simulator, but there are a bit too many errors for comfort. That being said. I have been playing D&D since I was 10 years old. Starting with 2nd edition. I eventually moved to 3.5 and then 5th edition, most recently. But, I still have a players handbook from 2nd edition. Its the least confusing, mostly because there arent any feats and silly spell limitations like you'd see in 3.5 and 4th. Anyway, I'd love to play with you guys if you have room for another. I tend to stick to a specific set of Character types. I would love to play a Cleric type variant. Either that or a Bard. If I'm permitted to play a Bard, I in real life play guitar, so I will likely RP the hell out of my Bard, implying that I will make up little jigs while playing the guitar, to buff and benefit our fellow party members. Or just make them laugh, mirth and all. That all being said. Let me know if you have room. I realize your game just started like 20 mins ago, if I have the time right, maybe an hour. I dunno. But, let me know if you room, thanks.

Daniel Black
July 22nd, 2020, 18:00
Hi all, recently came back to fantasy grounds, and am looking for a second edition game to join.

Zapranoth
July 24th, 2020, 00:00
Are you still looking for additional players? I'm very interested in playing 2nd Addition again, but haven't played that ruleset for a very long time :) The time and weekday fits well with my schedule.

Zap