PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG2 Ruleset and Core Rules DLC update - January 7th, 2020

Trenloe
January 7th, 2020, 21:05
There was an issue with the FG updater initially - make sure you have "Release 12" shown in the chat window after campaign load. If not, re-update FG.

Released today via the Fantasy Grounds standard update system are a few updates and new functionality to both the PFRPG2 ruleset and the Core Rules DLC.

The summary information is available in the City Hall forum here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53157-Release-Updates-for-January-7th-2020

The ruleset now shows "Release 12" in the chat window startup message, and the Core Rules version tracking (in the Reference Manual) shows version 1.10.

The ruleset has some bugfixes as listed in the Google sheets used for tracking issues: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxgAdEnUZru6GayTSxvs8fnuhupbg8rl835HwsGLDHg/edit#gid=0

And the Core Rules DLC also has one bug fix, as listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZKssnOL3TDVy20HkFctvmyhQcKzf74OUY7Jv1Q2zELI/edit?usp=sharing

The ruleset and core rules DLC both contain some fixes/updates that require further details. These are as follows:

PC defense proficiencies are now listed and maintained on the combat tab. This integrates with the current armor equipped to auto-set the proficiency bonus in the AC field.
When opening a PC without any defense proficiency records on the combat tab, FG will try to build the base data from the PC abilities tab "Proficiency" data first, and if not present from the base character class data. A embedded message will give feedback in the PC sheet itself if this has been done.
The currently experimental ability/feat automation has been expanded to include auto allocation of defense proficiencies.
The Feat list and the class feature list now indicate if applying a record includes automation - a small "A" before the feat/feature name.
The Core Rules DLC has been updated to include defense proficiency automation for all class features and feats that assign the defense proficiencies for a character.
Feat, Class Abilities and Rules & Abilities level applied tracking field added to the data in the Abilities tab. This is used to track level applied to aid with manual future retraining. Pre-release 12 PCs will show 0 in this field and will require manual updating (click on the field and type in the level). From release 12 onward, any feat, class feature or ability added to the PC will be assigned the current PC level.

The key points to the above list are discussed in the following posts (with demonstration videos) and the Wiki will be updated soon.

Trenloe
Auto update for characters created before release 12.

FG will identify when a PC sheet is opened if it doesn't have the new Defense Proficiencies list on the Combat tab populated. If this data is not populated, and there is Armor proficiency data stored in the Abilities tab (Proficiency list) or if there is no ability tab data, FG will try to build the proficiency list from the base class armor proficiencies.

This video (3:18 in length) give an overview of this process, the messaging received, and what to check after:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A5D8_MIr4DiJIQ2cO3fHpwgX32t6uQ-x

This is the message that will be embedded in the character sheet when the update process has been carried out. Digest the information presented (a summary is available in the tracker log window for the PC) and then press the check/tick icon to close the embedded message:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31136

Make sure you then check that the defence proficiencies have been correctly created in the Combat tab. Adjust as needed. Here's an example:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31137

Trenloe
New functionality overview shown in this video (11:48 in length):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WT28PjznPfpR__ZJ9UrGOEvtbev_gqLp

Trenloe
Reserved 3.

kaernunnos
January 8th, 2020, 02:45
I just tried reupdating twice and I'm still getting release 11 in chat

Moon Wizard
January 8th, 2020, 03:27
There was an issue in the patch system, and we just pushed a new update at 5:30 and verified it downloaded.

If you’re still seeing an old release number, then make sure you do not have a PFRPG2 in the rulesets folder under the FG data folder. If you, delete it; otherwise, delete PFRPG2.pak and run a new Update.

Regards,
JPG

kaernunnos
January 8th, 2020, 04:02
Derp good call. Forgot I had unpacked that over Christmas. I'll do my walk of shame now.

Radagastofaugustine
January 8th, 2020, 15:41
Nice job!

cwarrencs
January 9th, 2020, 03:51
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I was playing around with a character build for a game I play tomorrow. He is a Gnome Cleric. Anyway, I downloaded the update from yesterday this afternoon. And it looks like Gnome Polygot ancestry feat is missing. I did check Piazo site to see if maybe it was a modification they made, but didn't see anything over there about it. So figured I would mention it here.

yarnevk
January 9th, 2020, 04:17
Cloistered Cleric Trained in Unarmored Defense wearing ordinary Clothes did not copy over, but the Monk wearing +1 Explorers Clothes did copy Expert Unamored Defense, also the the Bard wearing +1 Leather Armor Trained did get copied their Trained Unarmored Defense.

So seems to work only if wearing category armor rather than category gear.

Willot
January 9th, 2020, 05:01
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I was playing around with a character build for a game I play tomorrow. He is a Gnome Cleric. Anyway, I downloaded the update from yesterday this afternoon. And it looks like Gnome Polygot ancestry feat is missing. I did check Piazo site to see if maybe it was a modification they made, but didn't see anything over there about it. So figured I would mention it here.

Gnome polyglot is from Lost Omens Character Guide. Do you have that Module loaded?

Trenloe
January 9th, 2020, 05:37
Gnome polyglot is from Lost Omens Character Guide. Do you have that Module loaded?
Thanks for clarifying the source of that feat. That module doesn't exist yet.

Trenloe
January 9th, 2020, 05:41
Cloistered Cleric Trained in Unarmored Defense wearing ordinary Clothes did not copy over, but the Monk wearing +1 Explorers Clothes did copy Expert Unamored Defense, also the the Bard wearing +1 Leather Armor Trained did get copied their Trained Unarmored Defense.

So seems to work only if wearing category armor rather than category gear.
Please clarify what you mean by "copied over"? FG doesn't look at any items to build the Defense Proficiencies on the Combat tab, it only looks at equipped Armor type items to determine which proficiency (set on the combat tab) to use for the AC calculation.
If there are no items of Type = Armor equipped then it should use the Unarmored proficiency. So, please clarify exactly what you're referring to as I can't work out exactly what this report means. Thanks.

ShadeRaven
January 9th, 2020, 07:40
This is fantastic looking. Love it!

cwarrencs
January 9th, 2020, 09:38

Actually I think so. I have Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide and Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide - Player Guide loaded in addition to the Pathfinder 2E Core rules. And it isn't showing in the feat list when I check each of those in the Library.

kaernunnos
January 9th, 2020, 10:03
Actually I think so. I have Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide and Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide - Player Guide loaded in addition to the Pathfinder 2E Core rules. And it isn't showing in the feat list when I check each of those in the Library.

The Lost Omens World Guide and player guide are different books from the Lost Omens Character Guide. The LOCG does not yet have a FG module released. Any content from that book has to be manually added until the module is complete.

cwarrencs
January 9th, 2020, 10:08
The Lost Omens World Guide and player guide are different books from the Lost Omens Character Guide. The LOCG does not yet have a FG module released. Any content from that book has to be manually added until the module is complete.

Oh Ok. I just started to dabble in Pathfinder 2 for this game I'm playing tonight. So I don't know what is under what. I just could have sworn on his server it was there to use when I first built the character. I was just trying to replicate it locally in my own FG so I could work out possible things to do when I level up.

Thanks for all the help.
Mith

yarnevk
January 9th, 2020, 16:32
Please clarify what you mean by "copied over"? FG doesn't look at any items to build the Defense Proficiencies on the Combat tab, it only looks at equipped Armor type items to determine which proficiency (set on the combat tab) to use for the AC calculation.
If there are no items of Type = Armor equipped then it should use the Unarmored proficiency. So, please clarify exactly what you're referring to as I can't work out exactly what this report means. Thanks.

The popup window has you verify that the proficiency list in ability tab matches what is in the combat proficiency tab, I just assumed you was copying that data if you are asking us to verify it.

cloth cleric wearing ordinary clothes did not get unarmored proficiency even though that it was on the ability tab as a proficency, although it worked on the monk wearing explorer clothes

I did see that the cloth cleric was carrying the clothes rather than equipped the clothes, but changing clothes to be equipped still did not add unarmored to the combat proficiency tab so she still has no AC prof bonus calculated

The differency I can see is that explorers clothes is of type armor, whereas the ordinary clothes is gear.

In your words this feature

"If there are no items of Type = Armor equipped then it should use the Unarmored proficiency"

is not working.

The cleric has no items of Type = Armor equipped and does not gain Unarmored proficiency. Ordinary clothes are not of type armor, they are of type gear. Equipping or carrying the gear clothing does not gain Unarmored proficiency.

Trenloe
January 10th, 2020, 01:35
@yarnevk - please export the PC(s) with the issue (click the blue export button on the chargen tracker window) and attach the exported XML here, because I’m not quite getting what you’re describing so I’d like to get to the bottom of it and fix any issues or improve the process. Thanks.

Trenloe
January 10th, 2020, 02:03
A reminder to all those reading this thread - there are two videos (one linked in post #2 and one in post #3) that go through an explanation of this new setup. So if you’re confused, or things don’t appear to be working right, then please refer to those videos. They were created at great expense! ;-)

yarnevk
January 10th, 2020, 02:05
attached

Trenloe
January 10th, 2020, 02:48
attached
Thanks for posting.

As I suspected, and what I was trying to elude to - if the combat tab "Defense Proficiencies" section doesn't show the proficiency then there's no proficiency to match - it doesn't matter that the item is armor or not. This is discussed in the post #2 of this thread - the second screenshot of that post shows what to check for. And is also detailed in the video in that post.

The issue with this specific PC is that the character doesn't have Unarmored defense proficiency recognized:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31168

This is what the embedded message is referring to when it says "Verify that the proficiencies listed in the combat tab are correct" and I also mentioned in post #2: "Make sure you then check that the defence proficiencies have been correctly created in the Combat tab. Adjust as needed." FG will attempt to parse out the proficiency data, but many things can change with a PC from initial creation - hence why the ruleset relies on the player to check that the combat tab "Defense Proficiencies" section is correct for their PC, and why the embedded message mentions that.

The reason this didn't fully populate is because the legacy "Armor: " proficiency on the abilities tab had a comma separating the different proficiencies:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31169

Whereas the standard data uses a period (.), so I'm guessing this was edited at some point. Here is the usual Cleric armor proficiencies applied at first level:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31170

I'll look into the other data across the classes (including the new ones) and see if I can also include a comma (,) as a proficiency type separator. But, this is only an issue when loading up characters created before release 12 - and will become less of an issue over time - and the ruleset will always rely on the player checking the combat tab is correct - which is exactly why I spend time developing the embedded message functionality.

Thanks for reporting the issue, as I say I'll look into adding a comma to the parsing. To make your PC work, manually add "Unarmored" as "Trained" on the combat tab -> defense proficiencies list and this will work fine.

kaernunnos
January 10th, 2020, 03:52
Okay so I guessed right on why my APG module wasn't working at first. I had used the newline character as a separator to keep the appearance the same as the PDF appearance.

yarnevk
January 10th, 2020, 16:57
I'll look into adding a comma to the parsing. To make your PC work, manually add "Unarmored" as "Trained" on the combat tab -> defense proficiencies list and this will work fine.

Should pull that information directly from the class since that cannot be edited, whereas the abilities tab allow editing. Domain might allow armor training did not apply to this cloth cleric, so that information was edited out on the character sheet.

Trenloe
January 10th, 2020, 20:15
Should pull that information directly from the class since that cannot be edited, whereas the abilities tab allow editing. Domain might allow armor training did not apply to this cloth cleric, so that information was edited out on the character sheet.
Pulling from the class is static and applies to the base data before any other feats or class features have been applied. As mentioned in post #2 I do pull from the class if there is nothing matched in the abilities proficiency data. But, the abilities data should be the main go to for doing the one off conversion.

Like I say, this is just a "get pre release 12 PCs to the data structure moving forwards". I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to make this a little bit better than it is now, because it's not possible to make it 100% accurate and the need for it is going to go away with time. Thus the embedded message that tells the player to check what's been done and correct as necessary.