PDA

View Full Version : [5e bug] Character Portraits are not visible on the top-left, as in Classic.

stewartl42
January 7th, 2020, 05:50
7 January 2020, all clients freshly updated.

This was true for Win/Mac clients.

Once multiple players logged in and selected PCs, players were unable to see the character portraits in the top-left corner of the screen.
GM was able to see all.

LordEntrails
January 7th, 2020, 20:18
Ruleset? And so when the first player connected and selected a single PC they could see a portrait? But when a second player logged in the first player lost their portrait? Or something else?

Grommit57
January 8th, 2020, 04:08
I've experienced the same issue. DM can see all players. Players are only seeing their own pic when playing online. 5e and 2e both. No extensions.

I can't remember if it happen on our LAN game or not.

Moon Wizard
January 8th, 2020, 08:45
I just pushed an update that I believe solves this issue. Portraits for PCs owned by other players were not sent to each player (only unowned portraits and portraits they owned).

Regards,
JPG

stewartl42
January 9th, 2020, 18:39
Two players tested the new version, everyone updated.

GM sees both portraits.

Players only see their own portraits.

When the 2nd player connected, I did get an error on portraits...

[1/9/2020 1:28:12 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to save file (D:/Users/Stewart/AppData/Local/Fantasy Grounds Unity/campaigns/AL Games/portraits/id-00005): Sharing violation on path D:\Users\Stewart\AppData\Local\Fantasy Grounds Unity\campaigns\AL Games\portraits\id-00005

..portraits/id-00005 is an older portrait for a character. so likely an error overwriting the older file with the newer portrait? Possibly unrelated.

Moon Wizard
January 10th, 2020, 21:01
I've filed as task FGU-858 and FGU-859 to investigate.

Thanks,
JPG

Redemption77
March 13th, 2020, 01:01
This is still an issue. My player isnt able to see his portraits but I can see them and change them

CatDadCode
March 13th, 2020, 01:30
Yeah it's in the list of known issues. We did a game with 7 players last Sunday and only I (the GM) could see them all. Everyone else only saw their own.

Moon Wizard
March 13th, 2020, 05:44
If you are talking about FGU, then this is a known issue, and you should report in playtest forum next time. If you are talking about current FG, then it's a different issue than Chev.

Thanks,
JPG

CatDadCode
March 13th, 2020, 07:24
Are we not on the play test forum?

Moon Wizard
March 13th, 2020, 18:54
Ah, apologies, I lost track of where I was bouncing between all my work. You are correct.

JPG

GarthGiantbane
September 17th, 2020, 15:06
This looks like the newest thread on this problem. We experienced this problem in the last couple sessions. There are only 2 computers involved - DM and 1 player running 3 characters. The first session, it ran as expected without any problems. The DM released the characters and the player selected all 3.

In the next session, when the player selected the characters the DM saw them in the top left corner but the player could not see any portraits. The DM kicked the characters, cleared the ownership and let the player try again. This time it worked and loaded as expected.

In our last session, the same thing happened. the player selected the characters and only the DM could see them on the top left of the screen. The kick, clear and re-select process was tried 3 times but it didn't work. The work-around was for the DM to open the character sheets and drop them back on the portraits. The sheets then opened on the player side and he was able to drag them to hotbar spots to open them during the game.

After that, everything else seem to work ok for the rest of the session. Between session 2 and 3, only 1 extension group was added - MadNomad's Character Sheet tweaks. I've not had a chance to try it without any extensions loaded but I will tonight.

Thanks

Moon Wizard
September 17th, 2020, 17:30
@GarthGiantbane,

The original issue as reported was resolved. I believe that the latest issue has to do with returning to launcher between joining a session (either due to disconnect or another reason). Doing a full close down of FG app, and then restarting and reconnecting is a possible workaround.

JPG

Wiccaman
September 18th, 2020, 20:56
I’ve not tried the above workaround, but my group has just switched over to Unity from Classic and in our test run we had a similar problem (among others). When I loaded my character my portrait was not visible and I could not access my character sheet. Our GM could see and access both. By releasing and reclaiming the character the problem was resolved as far as I’m aware. Just thought I’d add that as a potentially easier fix than quitting the whole program.