PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Player looking for a good Home

ramethelis
January 6th, 2020, 01:40
I have been playing and Dm/GM'ing RPG's (mostly AD&D but many others) for 40 years.

I am looking to get into a game online for D&D 3.5 or 5e (only have basic book sets for 5e, though). I'm still new to FG, but am quickly learning the interface.

I am comfortable playing any class and race along any alignment. I enjoy not only using perks of a character but playing their flaws as well. I am well rounded in roleplaying, even online, and would love to find a place!

I'd be available Monday through Friday 7:00 pm through midnight CST and most times on weekends.

Private message me at any time and I look forward to hearing from you!

GuineaPigSparky
January 6th, 2020, 07:12
I have been playing and Dm/GM'ing RPG's (mostly AD&D but several others) for 40 years.
I am looking to get into a game online for D&D 3.5 or 5e (only have basic book sets for 5e, though).
I am comfortable playing any class and race along any alignment. I enjoy not only using perks of a character but playing their flaws as well. I am well rounded in roleplaying, even online and would love to find a place!
Private message me at any time and I look forward to hearing from you to help flesh out your game or build your homebrew campaign!

Hello Ramethelis,
I'm a new FG user who will be looking for a table to play on myself. Interested in DND5e or PF2. Haven't seen the ruleset in action. Want to see what players have been doing with this game. Would be interested as a player for a while until I get my feet wet. If you find an invite and need a 2nd hand, drop me a line. Sometimes a GM will need a pair rather than a single player. At least I saw this on RPOL years ago. Have a great day and best of luck to you!

ramethelis
January 6th, 2020, 19:02
Thanks for the offer of help! Still looking to find a group here. At this point, I prefer the FG interface over the others I've looked at.

Also, as a note, if anyone would like an RP submission, or want to run a test of it, just let me know :-)

dulux-oz
January 7th, 2020, 02:46
Are you two boys (@ramethelis @GuineaPigSparky) interested in non-5E/PF2 games?

Charles Ulveling
January 7th, 2020, 02:52
Heyo! I’m currently recruiting for some one shot games on my discord. Additionally, we have a few others looking at starting some games up soon! All are free to play, since apparently that distinction needs to be made to appease the FG overlords. But if you’re looking for some games, I think we can accommodate!

My discord is https://discord.gg/JUbmatA

ramethelis
January 7th, 2020, 03:22
Dulux-oz

I've never played PF. I do remember when it came out and looked over the rules back when, but that was 1st edition. Can't speak for Guinea, but I'd be willing to discuss it.

Charles, I'd be happy to help out if needed. Maybe a one-shot would be beneficial to get myself better acclimated to FG. I'll drop into the discord shortly :-)

GuineaPigSparky
January 7th, 2020, 14:29
Heyo! I’m currently recruiting for some one shot games on my discord. Additionally, we have a few others looking at starting some games up soon! All are free to play, since apparently that distinction needs to be made to appease the FG overlords. But if you’re looking for some games, I think we can accommodate!

My discord is https://discord.gg/JUbmatA

Time zones not withstanding I’d be willing to discuss the opportunity. One shot games might just be the way to go. I’ll have some time after 5 PM Pacific today I’ll get on your discord

GuineaPigSparky
January 7th, 2020, 14:31
Are you two boys (@ramethelis @GuineaPigSparky) interested in non-5E/PF2 games?

Sorry Duluth oz but I won’t be interested in anything outside the medieval fantasy genre for the moment. I’m currently just re-entering the hobby and I’ve only really updated my brain on the Pathfinder two expansion.

ramethelis
January 8th, 2020, 07:19
Still no luck on gettting in a game...

damned
January 8th, 2020, 08:11
Still no luck on gettting in a game...

Players outnumber GMs at least 20 to 1.
You have had 2 GMs make you some offers.
To widen your net you will likely need to approach GMs and respond to GMs who post games.

ramethelis
January 8th, 2020, 14:26
That's what I'm seeing as well.

Once I get my feet wet and learn the basics for FG then who knows, maybe I'll start running some stuff myself.

NSaynneDad
January 12th, 2020, 22:25
ramethelis, Im just starting to get back into DandD and am also looking for a group to adventure with. I have been playing off and on for about 42 yrs. I am retired so time slots would not be an issue. I am very new to FG but I am a very quick learner.

dburger70
January 14th, 2020, 15:08
ramethethelis, I sent you a message.