PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player for Call of Cthulhu (MoN?), Starfinder (any AP),or D&D (Strahd)

Bluedragon1203
January 5th, 2020, 04:27
FG License: Ultimate.
Time Zone: i.e. Central Time USA (-6).
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Ideally I would like to play weekly or every other week. During the week, I am free during the evening until midnight and on the weekends I am fairly flexible.
Term: I would like to find a group for an ongoing, long-term campaign. Given the nature of CoC I understand our characters may not survive, but it's fun to try. If we play D&D or Starfinder, I definitely want to play a campaign.
Voice: Discord is preferable.

Game System Preferred: Call of Cthulhu 7E (pulp or original), Starfinder, or D&D 5E.
Game System Experience: I have a couple months experience with each game system both as a GM and as a player.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have been using FG for about 3 months now as a player. I am not good with coding/creating automated systems, but I am able to navigate the menus, create characters, and essentially play the game.

Character Type Preferred: I oftentimes find myself filling the role that the party is missing. I create my characters based on group composition (or lack thereof).
About me: I am an adult gamer (early 30s) who goes to work and likes to game outside of work. I have been playing video games since elementary school and casually following tabletop games for just as long. I enjoy a mix of combat and roleplay--preferong to adopt a slightly different voice (no voice acting awards here) when talking in character. I can also work with "always in character" games as well and hate metagaming. I like rules and having a "realistic" game so long as it is fun, but when the rules imped the group's fun, I tend to lean towards bending rules. I also have no problem with foul language or dark topics (see CoC) but also enjoy having a good laugh with the group!

chimera225
January 5th, 2020, 04:35
I have an ultimate license and am looking to play either 5e or starfinder. I have some campaigns and can Gm if necessary. If we can get enough people together I’d like to play.

Bluedragon1203
January 5th, 2020, 04:40
Welcome to the party, @chimera225! While I admit MoN is my top choice, I still hope we can find enough people to scrounge together a D&D or Starfinder game!

chimera225
January 5th, 2020, 04:42
I am not opposed to CoC, but I’ve never played before. My concern would be that I would slow down the game. If people can have patience with me, then I am willing.

Bluedragon1203
January 5th, 2020, 04:44
@chimera225 don't worry about that! I've found the CoC community most welcoming of new players (and the game system extremely friendly to new players). That said, finding a keeper for MoN will be the needle in the hay stack. I think we'll have better luck with Starfinder or D&D.

chimera225
January 5th, 2020, 04:48
ok. Sounds good. I’m open to it. But all options are there. Hopefully others reply. And I have some other places to look too.

vincentprice
January 5th, 2020, 17:42
Hi, we have a Thursday evening 7pm to 10pm UTC (so it more suits EU players) CofC game, if either of you were available at that time you'd both be welcome to join

chimera225
January 5th, 2020, 17:49
Yes I’m interested. Can you tell me where I can find information about creating a character?

Bluedragon1203
January 5th, 2020, 18:12
@vincentprice Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I will be at work during that time slot. But it seems Chimera225 can join your group! Again, I do appreciate you letting me know!

chimera225
January 5th, 2020, 18:15
Oh. I read it in a hurry. Unfortunately, since it is UTC, I will be at work then too. Sorry, I cannot join at that time. I am still looking.

vincentprice
January 5th, 2020, 18:33
That's unfortunate, I hope you do both find games and if your time availability ever changed then you're both welcome to join in, take care and beware the Mythos

vincentprice
January 5th, 2020, 22:27
sorry, double post

damned
January 7th, 2020, 13:41
FG License: Ultimate.
Time Zone: i.e. Central Time USA (-6).
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Ideally I would like to play weekly or every other week. During the week, I am free during the evening until midnight and on the weekends I am fairly flexible.
Term: I would like to find a group for an ongoing, long-term campaign. Given the nature of CoC I understand our characters may not survive, but it's fun to try. If we play D&D or Starfinder, I definitely want to play a campaign.
Voice: Discord is preferable.

Game System Preferred: Call of Cthulhu 7E (pulp or original), Starfinder, or D&D 5E.
Game System Experience: I have a couple months experience with each game system both as a GM and as a player.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have been using FG for about 3 months now as a player. I am not good with coding/creating automated systems, but I am able to navigate the menus, create characters, and essentially play the game.

Character Type Preferred: I oftentimes find myself filling the role that the party is missing. I create my characters based on group composition (or lack thereof).
About me: I am an adult gamer (early 30s) who goes to work and likes to game outside of work. I have been playing video games since elementary school and casually following tabletop games for just as long. I enjoy a mix of combat and roleplay--preferong to adopt a slightly different voice (no voice acting awards here) when talking in character. I can also work with "always in character" games as well and hate metagaming. I like rules and having a "realistic" game so long as it is fun, but when the rules imped the group's fun, I tend to lean towards bending rules. I also have no problem with foul language or dark topics (see CoC) but also enjoy having a good laugh with the group!

Sorry - short notice - but thats how it is...

Bluedragon1203 you get first dibs on a spot if you are available.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53145-Call-of-Cthulhu-One-Shot

Bluedragon1203
January 9th, 2020, 13:09
Bump. Still looking for a group :)