PDA

View Full Version : First tests on Traveller 2nd Edition (and some DnD)

LordNanoc
January 4th, 2020, 22:05
Today a friend (who's a backer as well) and I tested FGU.

I am Referee of a Traveller campaign and copied this to the FGU folder. He is DM of a DnD 5E campaign and did the same.

Initial tests worked well. I basically had 2 problems in MGT2:

1) Targeting
Other than in FGC, the player on the client side could not manage to get the chars on a battlemap-image to target enemies (or other chars for that matter). It also didn't work in the "Order" tab of the party sheet. It only worked in the combat tracker.
Funnily enough, I as a referee had no problems doing this on the map or PS.
Same behavior we had vice versa, when my friend hosted a DnD game for me.
Both campaigns have been hosted in the cloud btw.

2) Party Sheet
As soon as a char has stats, the "Wound" bars of the PC are colouring the whole PC entry (see pic, I can't seem to decribe this any better). If a character is basically dead, those bars are empty and you can see the entry in the party sheet without problem. In the attached pic you see two characters. The top one is unconscious and you can see the entry without problem. The lower one is at top health and all you can see is a green bar.

Anything else, attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks turned out fine.

My friend did have a lot of performance problems, especially when hosting his DnD campaign for me. He does have a slightly older laptop though, with an i3 processor and only 4 GB RAM. So maybe that is the reason.
I am working on an 2 yrs old Alienware 17 laptop and my performance was very good.
Any idea if there is a minimum prereq for FGU? My friend has no problems in "Classic".
My friend also had problems with two of his campaigns hanging up in the cloud, so he could not restart them (and I could not log in). They were still in the "Join"-list when I last checked half an hour ago - his GM name was timtor59.

so far, our first "tipping of toes" into FGU proved very nice :)
Thanks to the guys and gals at SmiteWorks for this! You did a very fine job so far. With a bit more spit and polish, this will be a great software!
cya

esmdev
January 5th, 2020, 02:25
MBM should change that green to a black with big read letters that say Redacted over the fallen player. Glad to see it in testing. I've sworn off FGU until a couple months after the official release cause my players like safe. hehe

LordNanoc
January 5th, 2020, 05:39
The green one is the one alive. The other one is the one, who has fallen ;)

I can't play a real campaign with Unity yet, because not all of my players backed it on Kickstarter and therefore have no access to the client yet. And respecting the NDA, I can't tell them anything yet anyways.
So my tests stay quite superficial.

Additionally, the way I heard it, the content developers like MBM did not get a copy of the client beforehand, so we have to be prepared that kinks with additional modules will take a little time until they are corrected.

Moon Wizard
January 7th, 2020, 02:57
@LordNanoc,

Targeting
I recreated an issue where Control plus mouse click would add the targeting to the map, but not to the combat tracker. Is that what you are referring to, or something else? If something else, please walk me through how to recreate.

Party Sheet Health Bar Issue
Recreated here. Looking into it.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 7th, 2020, 07:09
Just pushed update for Traveller 2 ruleset that should fix party sheet health bars issue.

Regards,
JPG

LordNanoc
January 7th, 2020, 07:38
Dear Moon Wizard, yes, that is exactly the problem. You've got it!
Thanks for your efforts!

Moon Wizard
January 7th, 2020, 07:39
Great. I have a fix queued for the next release. Just waiting to get Carl's help to fix another one before I can push next update.

Thanks,
JPG

LordNanoc
January 7th, 2020, 13:09
Alrighty and thanks allot!