PDA

View Full Version : Token modules and linking tokens issue

Middleagesgaming
January 4th, 2020, 18:00
Greetings and good 'noon

I am trying to sort out an issue I am having with FG, I have the PC version. I have loaded all of the available module books in the tokens section but they aren't showing up as new bags, nor can I use my tokens on my character sheet on the map my DM created.

Trenloe
January 4th, 2020, 18:32
Token modules are only for the GM. Players shouldn't load them.

FYI (as an aside) - loading lots of token modules is not a good idea - this can take up a large amount of limited system resources in FG Classic.

Middleagesgaming
January 5th, 2020, 04:04
This only partially answers my question, how do players set up their token that is linked to their character if not using loaded sets through module command? Using the combat tracker doesn't seem to
be working either with token.

esmdev
January 5th, 2020, 04:12
This only partially answers my question, how do players set up their token that is linked to their character if not using loaded sets through module command? Using the combat tracker doesn't seem to

Hi. I generally have the players create a 100x100 image then click on the portrait on their character sheet and then add it. The portrait and token are updated and match one another.

Zacchaeus
January 5th, 2020, 10:16

Players don't set up their tokens; the DM does. If there's a token that you particularly want to use then the DM will need to have that available on his local machine to allocate it to you. If all you want is a duplicate of the portrait for your token rather than an actual token then as noted above players can allocate their character a portrait.

Middleagesgaming
January 5th, 2020, 13:11
I appreciate you taking the time to read my question and answer Zacchaeus seems this will be a support issue now.

Zacchaeus
January 5th, 2020, 13:26
I appreciate you taking the time to read my question and answer Zacchaeus seems this will be a support issue now.

If you have token modules available which you have bought yourself and that you want to use then I think you could export your character via Manage Characters (make sure you select the correct campaign name of the campaign you are playing in), and then load that character into a new campaign (of your own making) and allocate it a token. You can then export the character from that campaign and then import it back into the DMs campaign. I think the token will still be attached to the character but I have never tested this.

On the other hand if the DM also has the token (or they do and you don't) then all that needs to happen is for you to point to the token you want and the DM can allocate it to your character.

The DM also has the option of taking a screenshot of his available tokens and sending you the picture for you to choose and the DM can then allocate the token.

Either way a token cannot be allocated by a player, since players do not have access to any tokens.

esmdev
January 5th, 2020, 13:38
In an active campaign only the DM can access or place tokens on a map. The tokens need to be associated with the combat tracker or they won't have functionality. Friendliest randomly put on the map have no connection to characters or NPCs. Once the DM has placed the token, you can manipulate it on the map as a player so long as the DM doesn't have token lock on.

As a player you don't have control over tokens in general. That is why you do not seen any bags. As a DM you would see all your tokens listed.

Middleagesgaming
January 5th, 2020, 15:12
This is a support issue now

Trenloe
January 5th, 2020, 17:41
This is a support issue now
Can you clarify what you mean by this? You’ve posted in the "customer support" forum on the FG website. We can probably guide/help you with most non-commercial issues - i.e. we can’t help you with requesting a refund, etc. but the community is very experienced, usually answers faster than the SmiteWorks support email address and the main FG devs also check this forum and provide information direct.

Middleagesgaming
January 5th, 2020, 19:20
I have already contacted the support via email, the linking of tokens by the GM or Players isn't working correctly, and your first reply to my question didn't seem to be relevant.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2020, 19:26
I have already contacted the support via email, the linking of tokens by the GM or Players isn't working correctly, and your first reply to my question didn't seem to be relevant.
Like I said in my response, it was more of an FYI for background player side token operation. All of us in the community try to help out in many different ways. Anyway, hope support sort you out.