PDA

View Full Version : Can tables be made and shared among other (game-masters) like a module?

Larsenex
January 3rd, 2020, 15:53
Greetings,

I am dithering about making a large number of tables for myself and possibly to share with folks to save them the time to build.

In pathfinder 2, I realized that I would need to build 'random' monster tables almost for each level of character development as the encounters can't vary too far from the level of the players without becoming trivial or impossible.

So for example using Shades Bestiary I can create tables for 1rst level, 2nd and 3rd level and I can also create loot table to automatically roll with those based on the level of the encounter.

Are such tables able to be shared between us (the FG community)?

Is doing such a project something folks here would be interested in?

Zacchaeus
January 3rd, 2020, 16:37
You can't share anything that is copyright. So you could share a table that has random encounters in them but you would not be able to share the actual monsters.

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2020, 16:53
To expand on what Zacchaeus says - you'll be able to provide links to creature records in other modules within your tables - which is the standard functionality within FG. But if you go beyond this, you'll need to ensure that you either only use links to other modules, or the data you include in the module is 100% OGL material (and include the OGL within the module).

Bidmaron
January 3rd, 2020, 17:41
Might the community use apply as well?

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2020, 18:09
Might the community use apply as well?
Only if using graphics covered by the community use policy.

Larsenex
January 3rd, 2020, 18:40
Trenloe and Zaccheus,

I was just thinking basic tables with the creatures that are currently in the community bestiary made by shade.

There would be no images but the stats for the critters would be. I was thinking a table with 30 entries each for 2 levels > 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on to level ten.

On a side note I am not sure where various groups are in P2 Adventure levels but my group is now level 3. I am curious where other groups are.

I have all the hard copies of the Ashes path adventures and will be purchasing the FG versions as my group advances into them.

theMaXX
January 4th, 2020, 15:57
Trenloe and Zaccheus,

I was just thinking basic tables with the creatures that are currently in the community bestiary made by shade.

There would be no images but the stats for the critters would be. I was thinking a table with 30 entries each for 2 levels > 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on to level ten.

On a side note I am not sure where various groups are in P2 Adventure levels but my group is now level 3. I am curious where other groups are.

I have all the hard copies of the Ashes path adventures and will be purchasing the FG versions as my group advances into them.

I'm definitely interested in those.

Larsenex
January 6th, 2020, 18:29
Thanks for the repies to this thread. Over on Paizo's forums there is a longer thread I just discovered regarding 'random' encounter tables and the fact that there are none.

Due to such tight math there really cant be a random encounter for the party +5 or +6 levels higher. It would be death to everyone.

Now in that thread

{ https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42was?Gone-are-the-days-of-random-encounters } a Paizo guy posted that they wanted to know if

folks were interested in such tables and a lot of folks are saying yes.

It maybe they may include them in a publication coming up! If that happens that means that FG would eventually get around to making them!