PDA

View Full Version : Do steam purchases with a license off the site

chimera225
January 1st, 2020, 22:20
Sorry if this is already answered. I have a license off the site. But I have some things on steam too (long story). Can I mix and match these on my computer? Like download just an adventure off of my steam account?

Talyn
January 1st, 2020, 22:26
You'll need to make sure your Steam account is synched, but yes you can. Just be aware the two stores DO NOT talk to each other. This comes into play for Bundles. Say you bought one adventure on Steam, and that adventure is part of one of the Bundles. Later, you decide to just go ahead and get the whole bundle on the FG Store. You won't be credited that one adventure since the FG Store will have no clue you got it on Steam.

Other than the Bundles, however, it's perfectly fine to mix and match from Steam and the FG Store.

The only real negative to Steam is that Valve takes a 30% cut off the top so that's less money going to SmiteWorks to further development, and a few less cents on the commission to the developer who coded the DLC.

For non-US customers, though, Steam gets way better VAT rates than PayPal offers.

chimera225
January 2nd, 2020, 15:54
Thanks so much. I understand the 30% cut from Valve. I already have this content on a Steam account, but I bought an ultimate license now, and I did that on the site. I want to DM a game, but I want to use some of the content I already had in Steam. I appreciate the info and I am working to link them now. Thanks.

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2020, 15:57
... and I am working to link them now.
If you haven't found it already, see the page in the Store dropdown menu.

chimera225
January 2nd, 2020, 18:31
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I am new to all of this and this has been a very awesome and welcoming community. Everyone has been so helpful. I really appreciate it.

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2020, 19:35
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I am new to all of this and this has been a very awesome and welcoming community. Everyone has been so helpful. I really appreciate it.

I agree, this community was one of the 3 core main reasons I chose FG as my VTT of choice some years ago. The community has maintained it friendly helpfulness over the years, and hopefully will indefinitely: )

Talyn
January 2nd, 2020, 19:45
Same! I think this makes... 4 years? Please don't tell me it's been 5? LOL But the community has always been very welcoming and helpful during my own introduction to FG and moving up to community DLC Developer as well, and I constantly see both here in the forum and on Discord how welcoming everyone continues to be. It's a breath of fresh air compared to many places on the 'net, that's for sure.

Welcome aboard @chimera225! :)

chimera225
January 5th, 2020, 03:29
Thanks again to all. I have figured out the linking now.