PDA

View Full Version : combat tracker issues

Vareden
January 1st, 2020, 21:13
Anyone help a newb? I am using combat tracker in D&D 5E rule set. doing a module. I managed to get all combatants into the tracker, and after initiative rolls I got my two player characters to attack. But when it comes to my NPC's time it gives me an error when I drag targeting icon over one of the player characters.

[ERROR] Unable to target token not linked to combat tracker entry.

I would really appreciate help.

C

Zacchaeus
January 1st, 2020, 21:20
Hi Vareden, welcome to FG.

Make sure that you have dragged the PCs onto the Combat tracker either from the pictures on the top left of the screen or from the PCs window, and that you then drag the PC from the Combat tracker to the map. NPCs should also be dragged onto the CT from the NPC list and then dragged from the CT onto the map (If you are using a pre-placed encounter then this NPCs will automatically be added to the CT and the map).

Once you are sure you have done that correctly then you can target by holding down the CTRL key and clicking on the token you want to target either on the map or on the CT (or you can drag the targeting reticule as you tried to do).

These videos may help you understand the Combat Tracker better https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49957-Combat-Tracker-Videos&p=444203#post444203