PDA

View Full Version : D6 system

Martin2301
January 1st, 2020, 18:18
Hi,
Was wandering what is the best way to play on a d6 system like star wars from west end games.
There is a ruleset for it but it's not working properly, when you check the npc it show on a d20 system

Thank's

And Happy new year to everyone

Martin

damned
January 1st, 2020, 22:46
I have a StarWars d6 set that ill hopefully be ready(ish) by the end of the month.

Martin2301
January 2nd, 2020, 05:38
Cool, are you gonna be able to share it?

damned
January 2nd, 2020, 06:14
Find me on Discord please

Valyar
January 2nd, 2020, 10:07
Is it mod to MoreCore or standalone ruleset/extention for CoreRPG?

PS: there is old extension by Valarian, can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Star_Wars_d6
Looks like it can do the trick as well.

damned
January 2nd, 2020, 11:47
Mine is a MoreCore extension of course...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31087

Valyar
January 2nd, 2020, 14:21
Can this be used to play the anniversary edition by FFG... which I think is WED 1st release?

NuclearMonkey
January 2nd, 2020, 19:13
This looks pretty nice. When are you targeting a release?

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2020, 20:52
See post #2.

damned
January 2nd, 2020, 22:19

I need some people to help test it and provide feedback.
Maybe to also create some community modules (of non copyright material) for everyone to use

If you want to help please find me on the FG discord.

damned
January 2nd, 2020, 22:19
Can this be used to play the anniversary edition by FFG... which I think is WED 1st release?

TBH I dont know.
Ive never played any version. I do think the dice rules are different between versions?

Martin2301
January 3rd, 2020, 06:44
Actually i think it's all d6 and you have a target you need 3 success of 4 and over!

Wolfheart
January 4th, 2020, 17:17
@damned, that is looking good. Personally I'd prefer it if the font in the character sheet was smaller so as to show the entire name of a given skill (just sayin', no offense) - perhaps the font used in the rules text would fit better? I believe there's a free version of it, or of one similar enough.

That aside, looking forward to try it!

pauljmendoza
January 4th, 2020, 18:53
I'd love to try this

damned
January 5th, 2020, 00:14
a couple of guys are assisting me by way of rules clarification and maybe some other bits
if you have some time and want to help - mostly just clarifying rules and implementations and testing
hit me up with a hello and a friend request on Discord so I can add you to the conversation damned#0166

Art Wendorf
April 18th, 2020, 11:20
a couple of guys are assisting me by way of rules clarification and maybe some other bits
if you have some time and want to help - mostly just clarifying rules and implementations and testing
hit me up with a hello and a friend request on Discord so I can add you to the conversation damned#0166Sent a Friend Request (ArtWend#2859) if you're still interested in someone taking a gander at the ruleset.

Ulfhedinn
May 20th, 2020, 12:47
Hi All,

I am a total newbie to FG and have been playing with the system a little since picking it up for my group. Just discovered morecore etc and I was looking for a D6 based system to run Star Wars on FGU (the group would prefer the new FFG version but i played WEG D6 when it released in 87 and it was always my favourite system for SW) then stumbled on this thread while looking for help and info etc.

Would be happy to assist in anyway, although given my lack of expertise on FG all i could do was playtest but happy to contribute.

dorvek
September 1st, 2020, 15:19
Hi Damned, Would love to have a look at your SW d6 extension. Just bought FG and looking for something for the Star Wars D6 system. Watched your tutorials, but that stuff is over my head unfortunately lol. I tried to add you on discord, but it said you are not accepting friend requests

kronovan
September 2nd, 2020, 18:06
Will this SW d6 extension allow for editing of its XML string files? I ask because I've been wanting to run a d6 Space campaign, but PCs in that flavor of the d6 rules have a few of their stats named differently. As well some of the Skills are different. I've did such XML editing when I adapted Adventures in Middle Earth to the D&D 5e ruleset, so I'm confident I could do it for this if it's possible.