PDA

View Full Version : DCC Character Portraits and Tokens

Tuirgin
December 31st, 2019, 16:44
After picking up the FG DCC ruleset, I pulled out my copy of the DCC manual and started putting together a stack of portraits and tokens to use in the game. These use the original artwork, which is obviously not mine to distribute, so I emailed Goodman and asked for guidance. I was told that I could go ahead and share them to the Goodman Games forums as well as the Fantasy Grounds forums.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10uMa82Va0zGv-C64DEiZ1G1zu3KVIvxF/view?usp=sharing

And here's an excerpt from the README to explain what's within the ZIP archive:

This archive includes character portraits (63x63, square) and matching tokens (100x100, round, framed) which were made for use with Fantasy Grounds' implementation of the DCC ruleset. The artwork is pulled straight out of DCC books, mostly the core rule book. Which is to say that this artwork is not mine to distribute. However, I contacted Goodman Games and was told that I could post them to the Goodman Games forums as well as the Fantasy Grounds forums.

What's Included?

color_overlay.xcf: This is a Gimp document with 6 color layers which can be applied to the master copies to create tinted versions of the portraits and tokens.
dcc-portraits.ppk: A Fantasy Grounds portrait pack. This is just a renamed ZIP archive. It contains 177 square (63x63) character portraits.
dcc-tokens.mod: A Fantasy grounds tokens module. This is another renamed ZIP archive. It contains 177 framed, round (100x100) character tokens. The images are the same as found in the portraits.
masters-portraits-tokens: This is a folder of Gimp documents. These are the master files from which I derived the final portraits and tokens.

digitalhobbit
December 31st, 2019, 17:53
This is amazing - thanks for putting in this effort, as well as clearing the rights with Goodman Games! I'll definitely use these for my DCC games in the future.

Tuirgin
December 31st, 2019, 18:47
You're very welcome. I was on vacation last week for the holidays, so wanted to treat my players on Sunday with some DCC artwork goodness.

Valyar
January 2nd, 2020, 11:21
I don't play DCC but I can appreciate the work you did and the fact that the artwork can be re-used to other OSR-themed games such as Forbidden Lands and AD&D :)
Thank you for providing also the sources, professional work. :)

Tuirgin
January 2nd, 2020, 14:50
You're welcome. It costs me nothing to include my original working files, so why not? I'm glad you'll find them useful!

leozelig
January 6th, 2020, 11:11
Well done! I appreciate that...

Tuirgin
January 6th, 2020, 13:59
Well done! I appreciate that...

Thank you! Glad you like them.

DieterZ
April 2nd, 2020, 20:57
EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks!

MrDave
April 8th, 2020, 10:40
Those are awesome! Thanks!
Where is male-81 dude from? I've searched the core book, didn't find him there

mrrockitt
April 16th, 2020, 17:07
Great work Tuirgin!

4opter
May 3rd, 2020, 10:33
Thank you so much. A really kind thing that you did.

Chudstar
August 28th, 2020, 03:31
Link is down. Any chance to reupload again? Thanks!!

Tuirgin
August 28th, 2020, 13:57
Ah, crap. I had a sync problem earlier this week that killed a bunch of my links. It should be working again now. Let me know if it's not.

Chudstar
August 29th, 2020, 00:23
Ah, crap. I had a sync problem earlier this week that killed a bunch of my links. It should be working again now. Let me know if it's not.

Thanks a lot man. It works!! Preciate it

Tuirgin
August 29th, 2020, 01:38
You're very welcome. Enjoy!

Ogrebeef
September 7th, 2020, 03:09
For some reason not all the pictures show up for me. I'm not sure if it's a "me" problem or something else. 39136

Tuirgin
September 7th, 2020, 04:35
Hi there, Ogrebeef. That is indeed weird. I haven't changed the zip archive since I first uploaded it and they were all working for me at that time. Worst case scenario, the source files are there. XCF files can be opened with Gimp, and you could re-create them. I'm not actually using FG at this point so don't have a good setup to test the modules.

LordEntrails
September 9th, 2020, 16:08
For some reason not all the pictures show up for me. I'm not sure if it's a "me" problem or something else. 39136
Are you using FGU? There was, don't know if it still applies, that image files saved as CMYK and not RGB color space had issues. No idea if this may be the issue though.

Ogrebeef
September 9th, 2020, 19:36
Are you using FGU? There was, don't know if it still applies, that image files saved as CMYK and not RGB color space had issues. No idea if this may be the issue though.
I am using FGU! :)

LordEntrails
September 10th, 2020, 06:13
So I've duplicated the issue. I will start a bug report in the FGU forums.

It's interesting, through the Assets window, the portraits show fine. But when dragged from Assets to the portrait they black out. Also if you open them through clicking on the portrait, they are blacked out there.

So, even if something is off with the images, FGU is not handling them consistently.

edit: FGU report - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61628-BUG-Portraits-not-Displaying&p=540640#post540640

LordEntrails
September 16th, 2020, 18:58
So the issue was identified. Those portraits are saved in 'Grayscale' mode and FGU does not currently support that for PNG images. If someone wants to update those via Gimp or similar to save them in "RGB" mode then they will work correctly.

Moon has created an issue to track this for resolution, but as you can imagine, it's low priority. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61628-BUG-Portraits-not-Displaying&p=542075&viewfull=1#post542075