PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party adventures as add on to rise of tiamat

Zisse
December 31st, 2019, 15:51
Hello all,

Can anyone recommend small fantasy grounds ready 3rd party adventures, which I could use as small dragon (cult) related inserts for rise of tiamat?

Any levels would be appreciated, because I intend to use them for sessions, where only a subset of the party is available. There other PCs, but same players could carry on the campaign against the cult in sideshows. I just don't have much time to prepare.

Best regards and happy new year to those that already are in 2020.
Zisse

Zacchaeus
December 31st, 2019, 16:00
From the official WotC catalogue there are a few adventures in The Yawning Portal and Ghosts of Saltmarsh that might fit the bill. But I don't have anything for you outside of the WotC stuff. there's a lot on the DMsGuild but I can't vouch for any of them.

notrealdan
December 31st, 2019, 16:07
You might be able to find something suitable using Adventure Lookup (https://adventurelookup.com). Unfortunately, there's no way to filter the results to only show items that are available as pre-built FG modules. You might still find something you like and can convert it yourself for your own use.

LordEntrails
December 31st, 2019, 19:08
I just bought Storm Lord's Wrath, Sleeping Dragon's Wake, & Divine Contention for FG. They are relatively inexpensive and seem to be pretty solid, both as adventures and FG conversions.

I've only read SLW so far, but it's a promising set of small interconnected quests. It has 2 opposing evil factions (Talos and Myrkul) but with minor tweaks you should be able to flavor either of those into a Cult of Dragon. SDW & DC are supposedly a set of quest board type quests (I intend to remove the quest board aspect), so they should be similar in that they should have lots of pre-planned but connected encounters that you should be able to drop in to fill various needs.

Worth checking out IMO.

Zisse
January 2nd, 2020, 17:37
Thanks for the recommendations. I am looking into the essentials kit, where it may be simple to replace one of the two evil groups with dragon cultists in league with the boss encounter.

I also found that there were adventure league adventures in parallel to Tyranny of dragons. I did not find any of that for Fantasy Grounds. Are they avaiilable somewhere?

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2020, 18:05
Any AL modules in FG format would be on the DMsGuild. But for various reasons most AL authors do not support adaption of their modules to FG.