PDA

View Full Version : Bugs with FGU (ScottUlmer's Observations)

ScottUlmer
December 30th, 2019, 19:37
General:
Map Fog of War Not Updating
Each time Fog of War is adjusted, the DM has to re-share the map in order to update the clients.

Edits to Modules Not Saving Correctly
Whenever I make and edit and save and then reopen all of the text in that story entry is duplicated and with the previous version it seems.

Hang Times
The hang-times of hosting a campaign is drastically slower than FG Classic. The main campaign I was running and even a test campaign took maybe 10 seconds to load on classic and over a minute (slowly getting better, was over 2-3 minutes). I Have a very good computer ($4,000 bought a little over a year ago) and very good internet (100 mbps).

Center of Screen
I personally will use FGU on one side of my screen when I am prepping, I do this to reference other things outside of FGU. When I open a "pop-up" inside of FGU it is created at the center of the screen and not at the center of the window. This makes half of the pop-up cut off, and I have to move it.

Whispering
This feature does not work, and what makes it even worse is it shows it sent, but does not show up to the recipient.

Special Character
Please add support for "→" it is much more useful and pretty than "->".

Text Editor
When selecting text and scrolling the text shows outside of the inner window with the scrollbar, it infringes into the edger/outer window. You can also select text when the text is locked, but you can't deselect text.

Story Templates
The "<>" functions no longer work. Is there a replacement?

D&D 5e:

[1/1/2020 6:45:22 PM] [NOTICE] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/characterlist.lua"]:36: attempt to index field 'control' (a nil value)
[1/1/2020 6:45:22 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (ctrl_id-00007) anchoring to an uncalculated control (anchor) in windowclass (characterlist)
[1/1/2020 6:45:22 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (ctrl_id-00007) anchoring to an uncalculated control (anchor) in windowclass (characterlist)
[1/1/2020 6:45:31 PM] [NOTICE] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/characterlist.lua"]:36: attempt to index field 'control' (a nil value)
[1/1/2020 6:46:03 PM] [NOTICE] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/characterlist.lua"]:36: attempt to index field 'control' (a nil value)
[1/1/2020 6:46:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (ctrl_id-00005) anchoring to an uncalculated control (anchor) in windowclass (characterlist)
[1/1/2020 6:46:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (ctrl_id-00005) anchoring to an uncalculated control (anchor) in windowclass (characterlist)

Savage Worlds (#SWADE)
Character Creation
They do not start with all of the Edges that they are supposed to.

Coffin Rock
While importing the campaign and running the "Coffin Rock" campaign it appears that all commas (",") and apostrophes ("'"), quotation marks ("""), negative/hyphen ("-"), are showing up as invalid characters ("█").

Duplicated Text
There are several entries which have the same text twice. I mean that it repeats itself start to finish in the same link.

Missing Tokens
I cannot open up multiple NPCs due to missing images/tokens.
[12/30/2019 1:23:21 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[12/30/2019 1:33:36 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[12/30/2019 1:42:57 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Graphic: Unable to load file (ruleset/SavageWorlds/tokens/letters/Medium/d.png) (modules/S2P10201FG2_CoffinRock.mod)

Fear Table
Module references "Fright", should be "Fear", also the Fear table has invalid characters and is locked so I cannot edit it.

Missing Links (Hindrances)
The link and text showed up, but the link contents were blank, I had to re-add.

Side Note
Coffin Rock has multiple basic text issues in both Classic and Unity. These include spaces inside of words, and weird formatting and a few spelling errors.

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2019, 21:13
For the centre of screen FG remembers the position of every window that was opened, and when you open it again it will open in the same place. So, in an existing campaign if you open a window that has already been opened after you move the screen the it will open in the position it was last opened. In a new campaign windows open in more or less the centre of the screen. So in your existing campaign once you have resized your main window and repositioned any existing windows as they pop up they'll pop up in the same place next time you load. This is the same as Classic.

You can overcome this by deleting the windowstate.xml file in the campaign folder before you open your campaign. This will remove the remembered state of any windows that were open when the campaign was last opened.

ScottUlmer
December 30th, 2019, 21:26
Hey thanks for this tip, I will try it out. Luckily this is not the biggest issue, more a minor quality of life issue.

Mortar
December 31st, 2019, 02:46
There are Savage Worlds versions of both the AAW products you mentioned.

ScottUlmer
December 31st, 2019, 02:47
Interesting thanks, I will remove from my list. I just remember seeing them on 5e.

LordEntrails
December 31st, 2019, 03:16
Hey Scott, thanks for all the feedback.

Things like performance are known and are not yet being worked on. There are some stickied posts at the top of this forum that will help explain that, as well as some features that are not yet implemented and a list of known issues as well. Also, the devs has asked that unique issues be posted in unique threads, that way each issue can be tracked, discussed and resolved in it's own thread. See here for more suggestions; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems

ScottUlmer
December 31st, 2019, 15:25
Hey thanks once I compile my notes and get it so I verify they are not listed some place I will split them up and follow this format. I just don't want to make a million posts and have to recall it, also it is useful for me to track the progress of the issues so when I prep I know what to watch out for.