PDA

View Full Version : UNABLE TO CONNECT TO HOST _ THE HOST IS RUNNING AN ANAUTHORIZED COPY...

Steve Flammang
December 30th, 2019, 12:44
I can connect to my own game (FGU Ultimate) using the cloud server or runnin g as localhost from my own computer no issues but no way to connect with another laptop on the same network with another FG account and installed the FGUfree client), it gives me error message

UNABLE TO CONNECT TO HOST _ THE HOST IS RUNNING AN ANAUTHORIZED COPY, OR AUTHORIZATION SEVER IS DOWN.
and on the GMside I see `PLAYER CONNECTED and than instantly `PLAYER DISCONNECTED

In my FGII everything works fine (host via Wlan to 5 laptops on same internet connection and 1 that connects from outside) as an absolute noob for internet connection I do not understand what Iīm doing wrong.

Lowered my internet securitys put my firewall off and downloaded the DLL from Trenloeīs link but all this didnīt help.
So Iīm not panicking here as I know we are in the beta but as I donīt see much complains about connection issues (what seems to me to be a good thing donīt understand me wrong), but I might have a problem for further release (and that make me panicking a little bit ;)

Sorry for my bad explanations but tried my best. Let me know if you need something else on informations as I nee some help to get this started I think

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2019, 17:42
Did you verify that your player client has no license key entered in it and that you ran an update after removing the license key? Otherwise the license key will still be there and if it's your same one then you will get this conflict.

Might be that the license server is down too, but I would expect more reports if that was the case.

Moon Wizard
December 30th, 2019, 18:06
This will happen if the Ultimate license that the host is running is not a valid key. This can happen if the license was a subscription and cancelled; or was blocked for misuse.

If you believe the Ultimate license key is valid, please send the license key and a link to this thread to support.

Regards,
JPG

Steve Flammang
January 1st, 2020, 11:08
This will happen if the Ultimate license that the host is running is not a valid key. This can happen if the license was a subscription and cancelled; or was blocked for misuse.

If you believe the Ultimate license key is valid, please send the license key and a link to this thread to support.

Regards,
JPG

HAPPY NEW YEAR to the Smitework Crew

Thanks for quick answering to the e-mail

Assuming everything is fine with the licence key as you redirected me to thread īConnection Issue to download the VC.redist.64 to solve the problem. After installing on Host and Player side (verified that it's not the x86 I need), let run the update but still get the same error message.

Know when I try to connect to another campaign out on the cloud server player side connects perfectly (shows the Aquiring Files load bar).

What I also read on the forum is about created campaigns that will hung on the cloud server and have to be deleted manually. (added an sreenshot of my entries cause they seem to stay forever their)

So far wish you all the best for the coming year

Steve Flammang aka KingGraan

Trenloe
January 1st, 2020, 14:37
I'm able to recreate this exact error message.

I have a second computer on my local network that doesn't have Internet access. I connect to my GM instance on the same local network using the local IP address (192.168.xx.yy).

Assuming this works in a similar way to FG Classic - a Demo licensed FG player instance needs to validate with the FG servers when it connects to an Ultimate license. If the Demo player instance can't connect to the Internet, then it can't validate the license of the Ultimate GM instance it's trying to connect to. Each Demo licensed player instance does this when connecting to an Ultimate license.

@Steve Flammang - does your player computer have full access to the Internet? Can it reach the fantasygrounds.com website? What does the player instance see on the "Join Campaign" screen - do they see anything in the "Lobby Campaigns" list?

Moon Wizard
January 2nd, 2020, 01:02
Just to confirm, the license key that Steve sent me via PM is a valid FGU Ultimate key; so the issue is most likely that the player client is being blocked from validating the key on our servers.

Regards,
JPG

Steve Flammang
January 2nd, 2020, 11:23
I'm able to recreate this exact error message.

I have a second computer on my local network that doesn't have Internet access. I connect to my GM instance on the same local network using the local IP address (192.168.xx.yy).

Assuming this works in a similar way to FG Classic - a Demo licensed FG player instance needs to validate with the FG servers when it connects to an Ultimate license. If the Demo player instance can't connect to the Internet, then it can't validate the license of the Ultimate GM instance it's trying to connect to. Each Demo licensed player instance does this when connecting to an Ultimate license.

@Steve Flammang - does your player computer have full access to the Internet? Can it reach the fantasygrounds.com website? What does the player instance see on the "Join Campaign" screen - do they see anything in the "Lobby Campaigns" list?

Yes, Trenloe all my laptops have internet connection available and I let them all connect via IP adress to my GMinstance (everyone also GM connects via Wlan to IP adress) and this works totally fine for FGII. Also as I said, with that Playerinstance I am able to connect to someone elses campaign so for me looks like the player side is totally fine.
Only thing I see is I have the unity ultimate running under FGusername Steve (updated with licence key 4.0.0 Ultimate) and I have on the other laptop a FreeClient (4.0.0FREE) also running under FGusername Steve. Could this causing problems? (I do the same on FGII and that also works fine).

It seems more and more that itīs the host side that causes problems not the playerinstances or the freeclient running under same FGusername (what I also can do with this freeclientSteve is click the HostCampaign button and never thought these will do anything but I could load the GMCampaign??? from the Freeclient???? but the campaign does not show up in the Lobby Campaign List. This seems not to be correct.

Let me know what you all think about and what could be the solution here

Steve Flammang aka KingGraan

Steve Flammang
January 2nd, 2020, 11:24
Just to confirm, the license key that Steve sent me via PM is a valid FGU Ultimate key; so the issue is most likely that the player client is being blocked from validating the key on our servers.

Regards,
JPG

Thank you for confirmation :)