PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 Players Needed for a New Greyhawk AD&D 2e Campaign Starting in January 2020

JohnD
December 29th, 2019, 02:37
FG License: Ultimate (along with the complete AD&D 2e Classics bundle)
Game System: AD&D 2e | Classics

Time Zone: Central (UTC -6)
Day of week and time: Friday 7:15 to 10:15 PM (ish)
If new game, planned start date: One of January 24th or 30th 2020
Planned Duration & Frequency: Every 2nd week.
Term: More or less every 2nd Friday until mid-May. Summer hiatus from mid-May to late September (summer is short and glorious). Resume again late September. Rinse and repeat as long as there are people who want to play and Real Life refrains from kicking one in the nuts.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No

Roleplay & Combat Mix: Depends on the in game situation. Over time I think it will be a 40/60 mix but you will have sessions where you spend the majority of your time role playing with NPCs to gain information and you will have sessions where you are knee deep in combat.
Number of Players in game & needed: Would like one or two more players to the roster. I've gamed with probably more than 200 people here on FG in the last 7+ years. Bonus points if we've gamed together in the past and it was a good fit.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st with maximum GP to equip yourself.
Character restrictions: All races from the PHB allowed. Human sub-races from Greyhawk books allowed (and encouraged). Demi-Human supplemental sub-races may be allowed with DM approval. No Drow. All base classes from PHB allowed. Classes from other 2e sources may be allowed with DM approval. More information will be available on the Campaign Page (linked below).

Details of your scenario: You will begin play in the winter of 591 CY in or near the city of Rookroost in the Bandit Kingdoms. You are swords for hire with your own agenda (getting paid), or you might be a budding, newly minted "agent of good" looking to bring instability, disruption and the light and hope of law and good to the rulers and common peoples of the Bandit Kingdoms; a generally corrupt and malleable society where frequently "might makes right" and "the law" can be and mean whatever the ruler wants it to mean at any given time, or what hidden adversaries can buy with coin.

Link to Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3702

Don't just throw your name into the campaign page - follow it up with a post in this thread, and a PM here on the message boards.

meatpants
December 29th, 2019, 19:33
Looking to join in

Long term player - AD&d, 2nd and 3.5ed - as well as other non-D&D
Fantasy Grounds - Full Ed
TZ - GMT - 8
looking for a mature group and fun to work together for a goal. Prefer story based to hack and slash.

Thanks for considering me

JohnD
December 29th, 2019, 20:46
Looking to join in

Long term player - AD&d, 2nd and 3.5ed - as well as other non-D&D
Fantasy Grounds - Full Ed
TZ - GMT - 8
looking for a mature group and fun to work together for a goal. Prefer story based to hack and slash.

Thanks for considering me

Absolutely... feel free to sign up on the campaign page.

Shutsky
December 30th, 2019, 21:22
Applied in the calendar. I tend to favour ranged, but can build a front liner if needed.

Playing off and on since AD&D was new.
What other software should be installed beforehand, other than Discord?

Thanks.

GunbunnyFuFu
December 31st, 2019, 00:19
I can't say enough about JohnD's games. They are a ton of fun!

JohnD
December 31st, 2019, 04:41
Applied in the calendar. I tend to favour ranged, but can build a front liner if needed.

Playing off and on since AD&D was new.
What other software should be installed beforehand, other than Discord?

Thanks.

Welcome!

All you'll need is the demo version of Fantasy Grounds, Discord and a decent headset and microphone combo.

I'll follow-up with a PM or you can get a hold of my in Discord at JohnD #1818.

JohnD
December 31st, 2019, 04:42
I can't say enough about JohnD's games. They are a ton of fun!

Ah thanks so much Gun... it's very nice of you to say! :)

Ellspeth
December 31st, 2019, 14:08
I am another who has played with John for years, he runs great games. However he did slightly understate the combat stuff, more like neck deep and they just keep coming. :),

JohnD
January 1st, 2020, 21:55
40/60 is my goal but it absolutely is dependent on in game situations. :)

Anyways, those who have signed up, please make sure I have an email address from you via PM. Occasionally people throw their names into the hat and are never heard from again, so after a few days of no communication I'll free up the spot for someone who hopefully will communicate.

Art Wendorf
January 1st, 2020, 22:12
This would be once a month? 2nd Friday? Correct?

JohnD
January 1st, 2020, 22:42
Every 2nd Friday give or take the vagaries of life.

JohnD
January 2nd, 2020, 00:32
I currently am a couple of people over the stated limit for this game so I've closed the game page to sign-ups. However... anyone still interested should send me a PM here or in Discord (JohnD #1818) and we can chat.

Quinn
January 3rd, 2020, 01:54
I'd be interested. I was in a really good solid group for over two years, until we finally ended the campaign, a natural ending, not one because people didn't have time or something. Group stayed together for over two years playing almost weekly games. I've been looking for something potentially long and lasting.

I'd have to brush up on 2E, but that's not a big deal. Please, count me in if there is room.

Quinn

JohnD
January 4th, 2020, 22:45
I'd be interested. I was in a really good solid group for over two years, until we finally ended the campaign, a natural ending, not one because people didn't have time or something. Group stayed together for over two years playing almost weekly games. I've been looking for something potentially long and lasting.

I'd have to brush up on 2E, but that's not a big deal. Please, count me in if there is room.

Quinn

Hi Quinn... if something opens up I'll let you know.

Grommit57
January 7th, 2020, 03:10
JohnD, Would love to play in one of your games. I have been a D&D player since 1980. My first D&D was a Basic Box with 4 lead figures, two skinny little pamphlets a set of dice and a crayon. I've played Basic, AD&D, 2e, 3.5 and 5e. I will admit I sometimes get my rules mixed up. I have been playing on FG for almost 5 years. I also have an Ultimate Lic and a good chunk of the Classics Bundle. If you're full up or already started I understand and will maybe can catch you next time.

Greg

JohnD
January 8th, 2020, 05:29
JohnD, Would love to play in one of your games. I have been a D&D player since 1980. My first D&D was a Basic Box with 4 lead figures, two skinny little pamphlets a set of dice and a crayon. I've played Basic, AD&D, 2e, 3.5 and 5e. I will admit I sometimes get my rules mixed up. I have been playing on FG for almost 5 years. I also have an Ultimate Lic and a good chunk of the Classics Bundle. If you're full up or already started I understand and will maybe can catch you next time.

Greg

Hi Grommit57... will absolutely keep you in mind... as I've said there's always one or two that can't stick for a variety of reasons.

JohnD
January 11th, 2020, 22:50

Quinn

I've sent you a PM here on the boards.

JohnD
January 12th, 2020, 01:33
I possibly have room for one player. Potentially someone who is fine playing a Thief or a multi class that includes Thief in the mix.

If interested, post here or message me on Discord at JohnD #1818.

JohnD
January 12th, 2020, 02:19
Spot filled. Thanks everyone who gave consideration.