PDA

View Full Version : DM looking for Pre Made 5E Dungeon Crawl

Bones972
December 28th, 2019, 21:21
So I am trying to get my old gaming group to run some 5e over FG. We have run some pathfinder stuff several years ago so I am fairly familiar with the FG system.

I am looking for a solid dungeon crawl to run these guys through. Something that is more of a Roll Playing Dungeon Crawl with limited to no Role Playing
The group is scattered around the U.S. now however we used to all live close enough to play on a regular basis.

Dungeon of the Mad Mage is out because every one of these guys has either run it, owns it or has been run through it already.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Bones

Zacchaeus
December 28th, 2019, 21:56
You can make pretty much any of the big 5e adventures a dungeon crawl really. Although SKT and Tomb of Annihilation have large travel sections (although you can easily hand wave those kind of things). Probably Princes of the Apocalypse or Out of the Abyss would fit the bill.

mattekure
December 28th, 2019, 22:26
If the conversion of Rappan Athuk were complete I'd suggest that. its pretty much one of the grandest of dungeon crawls. You can convert it section by section yourself, but its giant!

Bones972
December 29th, 2019, 04:50
@Zacchaeus Yea I kind of want to stay away from any of the recent 5.0 stuff from Wizards because several of the guys in my group are DM's and literally own all the books in the 5.0 series.

@Mattekure so that was originally a Pathfinder module? I found the players guide and Beastiary but not the module itself.

LordEntrails
December 29th, 2019, 05:20
What about Undermountain? Not DoMM, but the Old School style UM in 5E? Familiar places for those that have played in the past, but done up with new adversaries and details yet still intended to be evocative of the past?

mattekure
December 29th, 2019, 14:35
Rappan Athuk was converted to 5e about a year ago. You can get the pdf at https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/262702

dendarii
December 29th, 2019, 22:07
The 5e version of The Grande Temple of Jing from Hammerdog Games looks like it's nearly ready to ship. There isn't a Fantasy Grounds module for it, though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hammerdog/the-grande-temple-of-jing-5th-edition-and-other-ed

Myrdin Potter
December 30th, 2019, 15:22
If you want an older school "dungeon crawl" and people are starting from 1st level, try either "Tomb of the Iron God" by Matt Finch or "Grimmsgate" by Frog God Games (and also written by Matt Finch).