PDA

View Full Version : SFS #2-10: Corporate Interests SUN January 5th @ 2 PM UTC

stephan_
December 28th, 2019, 08:41
Tier 3-6 (repeatable), the subtier will depend on the players. Make sure to decide on a reasonable subtier.

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game (5 quests).

As opposed to earlier quest packs, you only get 1 XP if you complete 4 or 5 quests.

The FG alias will probably still change.

About the scenario:

A series of five Starfinder Quests designed for levels 3–6.

When agents aren't travelling across the galaxy in search of ancient civilizations, the Starfinder Society often sends its agents to showcase their skills with various Pact Worlds corporations. Each of these adventures showcase different roles the Starfinder Society takes in the corporate world. From testing out new firearms and starships, to battling escaped outsiders used as corporate experiments, the PCs have the perfect chance to showcase their skills!

Corporate Interest includes five, 1-hour adventures that involve AbadarCorp, Arabani Arms, Frozen Trove, Resurgent Technologies, and Sanjaval Spaceflight Systems.

Written by Diego Valdez, Emily Parks, Joseph Blomquist, and Sam Phelan

Scenario tags: Quest, Repeatable, Starship

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3709), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

xazil
December 28th, 2019, 09:02
I have a level 4 available. I was planning two posts and mixed up my windows of course. :)

stephan_
December 28th, 2019, 09:05
I guessed as much but wanted to clarify it for any new users. :)

Malkavian_Andi
December 28th, 2019, 09:17
count me in.
I think it's quite nice to get to know some of the corporations. That way they're not just some names ^^

mizinamo
December 28th, 2019, 10:02
I would like to play with Mayakeshmiyutra "Maya", my vesk soldier (2361203-701, Exo-Guardians).

She's currently level 3 but I plan to play her offline on Sat 4 January and if all goes well, she will level up to level 4 (gain her 9th experience point) that day. Can I send you her chronicle sheet on Sunday morning?

Also, could you have the server up on Sunday morning (before 7:00 CET and/or after 12:30 CET) for me to update her character? I have a Fantasy Grounds XML for her but it's out of date because I've played the character offline since then.

Thank you!

stephan_
December 28th, 2019, 10:06
Sure, no problem.

You'll likely just have to remind me to have the server up.

Malkavian_Andi
December 28th, 2019, 10:57
My options for the lower subtier are Technomancer 3, Mechanic 4, Solarian 3, and Envoy 3.
As this has the Starship tag, I might go for the mechanic.

stephan_
December 28th, 2019, 11:10
Hopefully without spoiling too much I can say the starship fight should be no particular problem for most parties...

stephan_
December 28th, 2019, 17:24
I believe most people here have already played it but just in case (mostly for Oceania and EU): Starfinder Society One-Shot Pact World Warriors (SFS #2-01) SUN January 5th at 7 AM UTC (https://fantasygroundscollege.net/events/starfinder-society-one-shot-pact-world-warriors-sfs-2-01/)

SchroedingersCat
December 28th, 2019, 21:50
I will be joining with Makaresh lvl3 technomancer

stephan_
December 28th, 2019, 23:41
Alright, with that 2 spots still open.

duhwoo
December 29th, 2019, 13:08
the Doctor is in (level 4 envoy)

HoloGnome
December 29th, 2019, 17:21
For a moment, I was thinking it was Acts of Association. Anyway - signed up in the 6th spot! Looks like Dyzx will hit level 4.

stephan_
January 3rd, 2020, 00:22
FYI: LFP: Starfinder (Signal of Screams book 2) Saturday 1/2 PM UTC (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53061)

stephan_
January 4th, 2020, 16:03
As a reminder about quests:

Aside from personal boons no boons can be slotted.

You get a full rest in-between.

The amount of rewards you get depends on how many quests you complete (1-5).

The quests are decent (some of them would make good scenarios) though if we want to keep it contained to 4 to 4 1/2 hours that unfortunately does not leave too much time for each individual quest.

I'll have a look at how stable the Starship Combat extension is and decide then whether to activate it for the whole game or only the one quest.

mizinamo
January 5th, 2020, 08:29
I would like to play with Mayakeshmiyutra "Maya", my vesk soldier (2361203-701, Exo-Guardians).

She's currently level 3 but I plan to play her offline on Sat 4 January and if all goes well, she will level up to level 4 (gain her 9th experience point) that day. Can I send you her chronicle sheet on Sunday morning?

Okay, here is Maya's most recent chronicle sheet.

I've also finished levelling her up. Please let me know when the server is up so that I can build her on FG. Thanks!

stephan_
January 5th, 2020, 09:59
As I underestimated the impact of the bushfires on Australian players I can have the server up now. New FG alias in the game calendar.

stephan_
January 5th, 2020, 12:18
Any strong feelings on using the Starship Combat extension?

I have not encountered any crashes so far but it is still an experimental feature (though highly useful).

Alternatively, I can restart the server to enable this extension for the relevant quest but that does take a bit of time.

mizinamo
January 5th, 2020, 12:23
Any strong feelings on using the Starship Combat extension?

I have no experience with it and thus no opinion on it.

mizinamo
January 5th, 2020, 12:25
here is Maya's most recent chronicle sheet.

By the way -- Maya has been championing the Exo-Guardians as a soldier, but she's currently on a re-training course to be an operative and has decided to champion the Acquisitives at least for now. (She bought the faction admittance boon after her most recent adventure.)

Please bear that in mind when filling out my chronicle for this upcoming adventure. Thanks!

stephan_
January 5th, 2020, 12:30
You may have to remind me.

Bear in mind all ACQ have a standing order from Radaszam to bring back any possible pets - for completely monetary purposes of course.

stephan_
January 5th, 2020, 13:23
The server is still up by the way (new FG alias in the game calendar).

mizinamo
January 5th, 2020, 13:37
Odd - I can't find my character (Mayakeshmiyutra) on the server.

Did I delete it by mistake when I exported it to XML from my local "Manage Characters"?

Edit: now I do. Perhaps the server or my client just need a little while to "warm up"....

stephan_
January 5th, 2020, 22:59
Chronicle drafts sent. Same procedure as every time.

Note that in theory the One-Time Stipend boon gets crossed off as you immediately use it but I left it as-is to clarify you earned the boon.

Next week (most likely SUN January 12th 1/2 PM UTC) either #1-39 The Herald's War (7-10) or #2-11 Descent into Verdant Shadow (3-6). Any preferences?

Whether I can run anything on the 18th/19th is not yet clear.

Should I get a response from Paizo Customer Service in time most likely Storm of the End Times (1-4) afterwards but that could change depending on a number of circumstances.

HoloGnome
January 6th, 2020, 12:33
Thanks for running this one!

Malkavian_Andi
January 7th, 2020, 15:30
Next week (most likely SUN January 12th 1/2 PM UTC) either #1-39 The Herald's War (7-10) or #2-11 Descent into Verdant Shadow (3-6). Any preferences?As I already played The Herald's War, and currently have no character that can replay it, I'm in favor of Descent into Verdant Shadow.

HoloGnome
January 7th, 2020, 16:21
Descent into Verdant Shadow -- in range for Dyzx/4

stephan_
January 7th, 2020, 17:56
Alright, game posted. With my subscription issue resolved by Paizo we won't immediately run out of scenarios.