PDA

View Full Version : FGU: Starfinder error with demo user dragging class onto character sheet

Fargen
December 27th, 2019, 20:31
Demo user was trying to drag 'Operative' class and got the error: Script Execution error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"] 94: attempt to index local 'nodeTarget' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
December 28th, 2019, 08:45
I just tried this in a new campaign both with Unlimited license and with a demo version (no license); but I was unable to recreate the error.

* Are you running the latest beta version?
* Are any extensions being used in the campaign?
* Is this loading a campaign locally, or joining a game? If joining, are both the GM and player running same version?
* Which modules are loaded when the error occurs?
* Can you walk me through the exact steps to recreate the error?

Thanks for your help,
JPG

Fargen
December 29th, 2019, 04:08
* Are you running the latest beta version?
Yes, up to date and retested on 12/28/2019

* Are any extensions being used in the campaign?
No extensions.

* Is this loading a campaign locally, or joining a game? If joining, are both the GM and player running same version?
Cloud Server / Campaign. Both GM and player same version.

* Which modules are loaded when the error occurs?
Modules loaded: SF Alien Archive (GM/Player), SF Core Rulebook (GM/Player), FG Battle maps

* Can you walk me through the exact steps to recreate the error?
Player created a character. Theme Xenoseeker, Race Sarcesian, assigned attibutes, then attempted to drag class to class & level field from class window. Retested which another demo player running on a different system. Released character, they took ownership and tried the same step and received the same error. As GM I'm able to drag and drop the class with no error.

Thank you for all the hard work! Wish could buy you a beer!

Moon Wizard
December 30th, 2019, 06:07
I just recreated this same error in FGC; but noticed there was a new update for FGC. So, it looks like the developers caught this recently. I'll push a new build to the FGU patch system that should address.

Regards,
JPG

Fyndel
January 2nd, 2020, 12:36
Hi, have the same issue just after the last update, whenever I try to add a new class or duplicate a excistent one, I have this same error :/