PDA

View Full Version : Player Cannot Connect to GM Host

zruhnke
December 27th, 2019, 01:24
Tonight, I cannot connect to our weekly game. This issue is persistent, but it doesn't occur every time. Sometimes, I can log in with no problem. Since about 3 months ago, it is essentially non-functioning. I use screen view to play as a crutch.

I also don't know what information to provide or who to contact to resolve this. I'm willing to post essential information, but I don't know what that would even be. Can someone help me or direct me to somewhere/someplace that I can help myself?

Mirloc
December 27th, 2019, 01:42
Your best bet is to go through this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained it's long, but a very good guide to connections and why they may or may not work.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2019, 02:01
Hi zruhnke, welcome to FG.

If you are the only one who cannot connect then something on your machine is stopping FG working properly. Check that you have a fresh exception for FG in your anti virus software (delete any existing rules and make a new one). Check that your router does not have any parental controls or flood protection set. Try using the DMs IP address rather the alias.

damned
December 27th, 2019, 03:34
It can also be a routing issue between ISPs, it could be the GMs router has firewalled the players IP address for various reasons (usually tcp flood control at the GM end)
If you and the GM are unable to troubleshoot successfully you might politely ask the GM if she is willing to run Hamachi for you. You would also run Hamachi and the other players would connect as normal.