PDA

View Full Version : Token Visibility and Possession.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 26th, 2019, 14:59
I will start this post by apologizing because I did not look into the other topics if this problem has already been reported and then I will try to describe step by step what I did and what problem I am having and what I think should happen.
Rule Set: GURPS
CoreRPG Compatibility: 100% Compatible

Two accounts are being used for testing.
One Ultimate GM and Player account on the same Computer and one demo account as a player on another computer on a local network.

In the instance of GM I defined portraits and tokens of the characters and created a test NPC. I inserted them all into the Combat Tracker.
I opened a map and applied it to LOS.
I logged in as a player and took ownership of characters 1 for each account.
For character tokens I applied Mask Sensitivity and Remove from party Vision (of course I did that after inserting combat tracker tokens into the map).

Result: GM vision makes semi-tokens transparent as expected.
The Problem: Tokens held by players lose visibility and selectability for players.
What I think should happen and doesn't happen: Regardless of the "filters" I applied to tokens, they should always be visible to players who have ownership of their respective characters and that is not happening.
So I think you will wonder why I am doing this and I will say because I want to give a "reality" to the maps where for example if I have one character in one room and another in another room both will not know where one is in relationship each other, nor what they are seeing, but each player in their respective room will have 100% of the view of the room they are in and they will only see each other if they are in the same place and see the same NPC if they are in line of sight. both.

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2019, 16:24
I don't see in your list of what you did above that you actually applied the Mask? Did you? Also what ruleset?

As far as I can see this is working in 5e. If I have two characters with the mask on and remove party vision and set Mask Sensitivity then each token can't see the other unless both are in the same area of cleared mask, and each token only sees what it can see within the bit of mask that has been cleared around it. I was only able to test this using localhost however so that may be a factor.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 26th, 2019, 19:30
Yes the idea is this, but what happens is that the tokens that represent the characters on the maps and are owned respectively by each player, should always be visible to him and that's what happens.

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2019, 20:49
Yes the idea is this, but what happens is that the tokens that represent the characters on the maps and are owned respectively by each player, should always be visible to him and that's what happens.

As I say this seems to be working. The tokens were visible to me when I tested it.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 26th, 2019, 22:02
So I must be letting something go or doing something wrong

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2019, 00:01
I don’t think you said if you added a mask or not. Mask sensitivity only works if you have the mask on as far as I am aware. This is in addition to turning in lLOS. It’s just that you didn’t mention you had turned the mask on, so I’m not sure if you did or not.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 27th, 2019, 00:27
How could I say ...
Yes I did, but I did that LOS visibility eye and not the mask I had on the FGC

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2019, 00:31
You need to also put the mask on for token visibility to work like you want. The mask is there in Unity as well. It functions the same way as it does in classic, the players only see what the DM reveals. To add the mask click on the mask icon on the top row of an unlocked map.

Dr0W
December 27th, 2019, 01:29
Ok, let me try to clarify what I understood from the thread and after talking to OP in his native language.

If you want to make the players' tokens Mask Sensitive there's a problem. If a player has a mask sensitive token, if he deselect his own token he loses the view of his own token if it is not being viewed by another party member.
Say your character entered a room, party has no view to it, if you deselect it you can't click it back to select it again. It STILL provides view from where it stands invisible, but it can't be selected because it can't view itself.

It becomes an even worse problem if you decide to remove each player from party's view, so that a player may only see what their characters can see: If the token gets deselected, it's gone forever since you can't have another party member "looking at you", so you can click your token back.

But I'm fairly sure I've seen Moon Wizard talking about this topic on different threads, so I'm pretty sure it's a known issue and might be already tracked.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 27th, 2019, 01:32
Dr0W saving my life!

Moon Wizard
December 28th, 2019, 01:37
yako2020, Thanks for reporting.
Dr0W, Thanks for helping define the issue.

I've filed as FGU-835; and passed on to Carl to look at.

Regards,
JPG