PDA

View Full Version : Cgen does not seem to work in PFRPG

dellanx
December 25th, 2019, 03:43
Tried Cgen in FGU, got error said No DEFENSE tag

used this version (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34199-CreatureGen-Extension-Import-Stat-blocks-on-the-fly-with-populated-spells/page21&highlight=Cgen)

Thanks

Mortar
December 25th, 2019, 03:54
In this case the error is likely caused because the critter you are trying to create is missing the "Defense" heading in the text you are parse. CGen requires the monster entry to be formatted exactly as the PFRPG Bestiaries are formatted with the proper headings for each section.

dellanx
December 25th, 2019, 05:06
In this case the error is likely caused because the critter you are trying to create is missing the "Defense" heading in the text you are parse. CGen requires the monster entry to be formatted exactly as the PFRPG Bestiaries are formatted with the proper headings for each section.

No it has a DEFENSE tag:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/devil/erinyes/

Some of those spell abilities would have to be edited, I have worked with plenty NPCs in Cgen, and could send you some examples that dont work in FGU but work in FGC.

Thanks

madman
December 25th, 2019, 20:57
Thousands of tiny mandragoras swarm up into a mound, quickly building their mass up and spreading their malleable bodies apart and together to form a single 35-foot-tall mandragora; an impressive trick they do quickly as soon as any threat is presented.
Immense Mandragora CR 15
XP 51,200
CE Gargantuan plant
Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +12
DEFENSE
AC 18, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +9 natural, –4 size)
hp 232 (16d8+160); fast healing 10
Fort +20, Ref +10, Will +6
Immune plant traits; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 10
Weaknesses vulnerable to darkness
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft., burrow 10 ft., climb 40 ft.
Melee 2 vine whips +25 (2d8+17/19–20 plus poison), bite +25 (2d8+17)
Space 20 ft.; Reach 20 ft. (30 ft. with vine whips)
Special Attacks shriek
TACTICS
The mandragoras require the entire first round of combat to collect into their Gargantuan form. During this round, the immense mandragora cannot make attacks. Once it is fully formed, it uses Power Attack with every strike, and Awesome Blow against characters that are able to make large numbers of melee attacks trying to force the characters to take move actions to get back in range, thus minimizing the damage they do. The immense mandragora fights to the death.
STATISTICS
Str 45, Dex 17, Con 30, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10
Base Atk +12; CMB +33; CMD 46
Feats Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (vine whips), Improved Initiative, Improved Vital Strike, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Vital Strike
Skills Climb +25, Fly +0, Perception +12, Stealth +0 (+8 in heavy plant growth)
Languages Aklo, Common
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Poison (Ex) Vine whip—injury; save Fort DC 28; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect confused for 1 round; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Shriek (Su) Once per day, as a standard action, an immense mandragora can give voice to an unsettling shriek that sounds not unlike the cry of gargantuan baby. All creatures within 30 feet of a shrieking immense mandragora must make a DC 25 Reflex save or take 15d6 points of sonic damage and a DC 25 Will save or become nauseated for 1d4 rounds. A successful Reflex save halves the sonic damage, while a successful Will save negates the nausea. This is a sonic, mind-affecting effect. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Vulnerable to Darkness (Ex) An immense mandragora in an area of darkness loses its fast healing and becomes slowed, as per the spell.

This is the statblock

And this is what information unity is getting from it...

Thousands of tiny mandragoras swarm up into a mound, quickly building their mass up and spreading their malleable bodies apart and together to form a single 35-foot-tall mandragora; an impressive trick they do quickly as soon as any threat is presented.

Immense Mandragora CR 15

XP 51,200

CE Gargantuan plant

Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +12

DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +9 natural, –4 size)

hp 232 (16d8+160); fast healing 10

Fort +20, Ref +10, Will +6

Immune plant traits; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 10

Weaknesses vulnerable to darkness

OFFENSE

Speed 40 ft., burrow 10 ft., climb 40 ft.

Melee 2 vine whips +25 (2d8+17/19–20 plus poison), bite +25 (2d8+17)

Space 20 ft.; Reach 20 ft. (30 ft. with vine whips)

Special Attacks shriek

TACTICS

The mandragoras require the entire first round of combat to collect into their Gargantuan form. During this round, the immense mandragora cannot make attacks. Once it is fully formed, it uses Power Attack with every strike, and Awesome Blow against characters that are able to make large numbers of melee attacks trying to force the characters to take move actions to get back in range, thus minimizing the damage they do. The immense mandragora fights to the death.

STATISTICS

Str 45, Dex 17, Con 30, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10

Base Atk +12; CMB +33; CMD 46

Feats Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (vine whips), Improved Initiative, Improved Vital Strike, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Vital Strike

Skills Climb +25, Fly +0, Perception +12, Stealth +0 (+8 in heavy plant growth)

Languages Aklo, Common

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Poison (Ex) Vine whip—injury; save Fort DC 28; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect confused for 1 round; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Shriek (Su) Once per day, as a standard action, an immense mandragora can give voice to an unsettling shriek that sounds not unlike the cry of gargantuan baby. All creatures within 30 feet of a shrieking immense mandragora must make a DC 25 Reflex save or take 15d6 points of sonic damage and a DC 25 Will save or become nauseated for 1d4 rounds. A successful Reflex save halves the sonic damage, while a successful Will save negates the nausea. This is a sonic, mind-affecting effect. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Vulnerable to Darkness (Ex) An immense mandragora in an area of darkness loses its fast healing and becomes slowed, as per the spell.

I wonder if there was a format change that is screwing things up. Seems like you can not remove the double spaced lines.
I will play with it some more.

madman
December 25th, 2019, 21:55
The end of each line is defined by \n. and it seems like they are not in the formatted text anymore.

Mortar
December 25th, 2019, 22:53
Not surprised it doesn't work in FGU.

Chances are this isn't something that SmiteWorks is going to worry about or even fix, its an extension that was developed by someone who is no longer a part of the FG community.

damned
December 25th, 2019, 22:59
FGU has a tighter requirement on the XML.
If the XML output doesnt match the stricter requirements of the Unity platform then it wont work.

madman
December 25th, 2019, 23:07
@Damned I redefined the term character from \n to .. and it works fine. I have to add a .. to the end of every line though.
Do you by chance know what character/characters FGU uses for the line return, new line?

damned
December 25th, 2019, 23:11
Sorry madman I do not.
Good work on the diagnostics.

dellanx
December 27th, 2019, 06:16
madman and damned thanks for looking at this wonderful extension!

Moon Wizard
December 28th, 2019, 02:42
I posted a fixed version in the CGen thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34199-CreatureGen-Extension-Import-Stat-blocks-on-the-fly-with-populated-spells&p=469442&viewfull=1#post469442

Regards,
JPG

madman
December 28th, 2019, 05:08
WOW! Thanks @Moon Wizard. I truly appreciate your help.

Madman

dellanx
December 28th, 2019, 16:17
I posted a fixed version in the CGen thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34199-CreatureGen-Extension-Import-Stat-blocks-on-the-fly-with-populated-spells&p=469442&viewfull=1#post469442

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for the effort. It does not seem to 31015 as is.

dellanx
December 28th, 2019, 16:29
Tried to unzip it so CGen is in a folder, did not work either. Thanks!

Trenloe
December 28th, 2019, 17:56
@ddellanx - please provide more information besides saying it did not work. What *exactly* do you mean by that?

madman
December 28th, 2019, 19:27
Did you load the extension? I see advanced bestiary.

Mortar
December 28th, 2019, 20:17

dellanx
December 28th, 2019, 20:59
@ddellanx - please provide more information besides saying it did not work. What *exactly* do you mean by that?

Tried to load in a brand new campaign exactly as downloaded.

dellanx
December 28th, 2019, 21:12
Also, changed the ext to zip file and tried it as a Folder. That did not work either. What am I doing wrong?

dellanx
December 28th, 2019, 21:12
Did you load the extension? I see advanced bestiary.

It will not load for me.

dellanx
December 28th, 2019, 21:19
It will not load for me.

pfsrd_archive_spells_1.1.mod I am trying to lad this?

madman
December 29th, 2019, 01:40
The only thing I can come up with is that you are not using the Default install directory.

At least that's not what mine are.

dellanx
December 29th, 2019, 05:00
The only thing I can come up with is that you are not using the Default install directory.

At least that's not what mine are.

You are so correct!!!!

madma, thank you very much!

Trenloe
December 29th, 2019, 14:54
The take away from this is that the best way to ensure you're in the right place to install FG files is to click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen - this will take you to the currently configured <FG app data> directory.

And if you have old directories from previous installations then either rename them to something like "Fantasy Grounds - Old", delete them or copy them off to an archive somewhere. Having old directories hanging around that are no longer used will lead to confusion.

Also - if you're reporting an issue please give details of what the issue is. Stating "it doesn't work" only leads to more questions - which results in wasted time and frustration from all those involved with trying to help.

dellanx
December 29th, 2019, 17:35
The take away from this is that the best way to ensure you're in the right place to install FG files is to click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen - this will take you to the currently configured <FG app data> directory.

And if you have old directories from previous installations then either rename them to something like "Fantasy Grounds - Old", delete them or copy them off to an archive somewhere. Having old directories hanging around that are no longer used will lead to confusion.

Also - if you're reporting an issue please give details of what the issue is. Stating "it doesn't work" only leads to more questions - which results in wasted time and frustration from all those involved with trying to help.

I am grateful for the opportunity to learn! Happy New Year!