PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 1-4 more players, Sunday PM for EST/UTC -5 DCC 0-Level Funnel

Tuirgin
December 24th, 2019, 18:38
UPDATE: The game is tentatively filled. Feel free to request a spot and if I have any cancellations I'll pull new folks in.

FG License: GM has Ultimate, so players just need the demo client
Game System: Dungeon Crawl Classics
Time Zone: EST/UTC -5
Date/Time: Sunday, December 29th afternoon/evening, with start time to be confirmed within the next two days. It's currently leaning towards 5-6 pm EST for a start time.
Planned Duration: We'll play for 3-4 hours. At 2.5-3 hours, if it looks like we won't finish, we'll discuss whether the group want to schedule another session, or wrap things up without finishing the adventure.
Frequency: One-shot
Communication: Discord, voice only
Recording/Streaming The session will not be recorded or streamed.
# of Players: We have 3 confirmed players, 2 tentative, and can add up to 2-3 more players total.
Game Description: This is a 0-Level funnel. Each player will run several peasants through the adventure. Half or less are expected to survive.
Experience Level: People new to DCC will be prioritized. The current players have never played DCC and some have no recent experience with RPGs. The GM is new to FG, new to DCC, and new to running games for adults. This will be a learner-paced session.
Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3706

RunningWolf
December 24th, 2019, 22:58
Sounds good. I'm familiar with the tabletop MCC but not DCC.

Tuirgin
December 25th, 2019, 02:41
Sounds good. I'm familiar with the tabletop MCC but not DCC.

Hi, there. We're trying to narrow down start times. It's currently leaning towards something like 5pm or 6pm EST/UTC -5. Would that work for you as a start time?

RunningWolf
December 25th, 2019, 02:51
That works for me, we're in the same time zone.

Complete noob for Fantasy Grounds, I do have Discord set up. Forget the web page (purple sorcerer?) but can whip out some pregens if they are not provided.

Tuirgin
December 25th, 2019, 03:09
re: Fantasy Grounds noob... that makes two of us! I just picked up the ultimate edition when it went on sale and have been figuring out what I need to know for Sunday.

I've already built up a roster of pregens and have created a module with some extra roll-tables to fill in a couple gaps in FG's DCC character generation. If by some chance we run out of pregen characters, we can create a new character really quickly in-game.

I sent you a pm w/ Discord info... See you there!

Tabarkus
December 25th, 2019, 22:40
I would be interested Tuirgin if a spot becomes open. I have just recently started playing DCC (2 sessions) and am planning to Judge games too. I am very familiar with FG.

Tuirgin
December 26th, 2019, 17:00
Hi, Tabarkus. I'll add you to the standy list and let you know if I get an opening.

Tabarkus
December 26th, 2019, 21:32
Hey Tuirgin, thanks! However, I saw your post on the DCC Discord channel and realized you are running the one and only DCC adventure that I've played through. I've run several "half way through" adventures in Sailors on the Starless Sea; and have read Portal Under the Stars and Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry. So, just my luck you picked an adventure I've been through and I'm not one to run twice unless you just needed someone to round out the party.

Tuirgin
December 27th, 2019, 04:17
Once I get through the session on Sunday, I'm considering my options for the future. While I'm wanting to get a solid campaign going, I'm also considering running a monthly series of adventures/mini-campaigns which I'll treat as open-table with folks being able to join whichever sessions work for them without the need for any sort of roster consistency. The monthly series would likely be focused on packaged adventures, without frequent re-runs.

sAdr
December 28th, 2019, 02:44
I'm interested in joining if you still have room. I've never played DCC, but it looks amazing!

Tuirgin
December 28th, 2019, 14:34
This session is full with a few people on a wait list, but I'll be posting new sessions in the future.

WillJ123
December 29th, 2019, 04:31
I requested a spot. I will be on early to see if you need extra people to fill in.

Tuirgin
December 29th, 2019, 04:38
Unfortunately, at this point there's 3 or 4 people on the waitlist before you. However, I will be running more events in the near future!

digitalhobbit
December 29th, 2019, 06:54
Just registering my interest for future DCC one-shots as well. :)

I'm new to FG, with limited DCC experience (played in 2 one-shots at a local con and ran a funnel for my regular gaming group). I'm planning to eventually run some DCC games on FG as well. Even though I haven't played much DCC yet, it's quickly becoming my favorite RPG. Fantastic modules, a straightforward yet unique ruleset, and most importantly an awesome community.

Tuirgin
December 29th, 2019, 18:32
Hi, there. I'm new to FG and have limited DCC experience, too. Looks like you're one up on me, having already run a funnel for your regular group. I look forward to posting more games, as well as hopefully seeing some others posting DCC games. (I'd love to see more B/X D&D or adjacent systems, too.) Since you're new to DCC, I'll just mention that there's a "DungeonCrawlers" Discord server with a channel for posting games. There's also a FB group called "DCC RPG Rocks!". If you need invites to either of those, let me know. There's the dccrpg subreddit, but I don't think it's a place for posting game notices. Could be wrong. Also, if you're running a public game, be sure to head over to the Goodman Games website and check out the Road Crew pages. There's an event calendar, and you can order swag (free) for every public game you run.

digitalhobbit
December 29th, 2019, 19:16
Thanks for the pointers, Tuirgin!

I'm in fact already a member of both the FB group and the Discord server, and will second your recommendation. :) Both are great resources.

I also came across the Fantasy Grounds College (https://fantasygroundscollege.net/), which seems like a great community for learning FG (they have a Discord server as well). Their events mostly seem to cover D&D 5e and Pathfinder, but most of the learnings should carry over to other rulesets as well. They also have a lot of tutorials on their YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaDbJrVUbiqJoGUObU__lbQ/playlists) that I still need to work my way through.

Lastly, there's a Fantasy Grounds Pick Up Games Discord server that often announces planned and impromptu games. As expected, mostly D&D, but I've seen a few DCC posts (such as one by Tabarkus, who responded earlier in this thread).

It just tends to be tricky for schedules to align with work, family, etc. :)

Tuirgin
December 30th, 2019, 15:06
I've seen the Fantasy Grounds College, but honestly, I just didn't have time to look into it. I picked up FG and ran my first game in it literally a week later. I was on vacation for the week, so had time to sink into learning the basics of the UI. I did have some pain points in situations where the UI surprised me—somehow players were able to move other players' characters, and in the heat of the moment I stumbled over targeting and a few other typical gotchas—but nothing catastrophic. Now maybe I can pick up some tips from the FG college!