PDA

View Full Version : Word wrap and Multilinespacing

Blackfoot
December 24th, 2019, 14:21
So.. I'm trying to display some text that comes from fields that are generally open ended, in the original entry they can take as much text as is entered and it isn't a problem.
I'm using <basicstring> to display the text which is probably not right because the text overflows the end of the area and doesn't wrap or go to multiple lines. My display area has a limited width but has as much height as I might want.. also if there is a 'return' in the text it gets ignored with the basicstring function which I'd love to get to work if I could.
I was pointed at textbasecontrol but I can't really figure out how to make that work for me and I don't understand the language that is used in the explanation.

Any suggestions?

Moon Wizard
December 24th, 2019, 19:25
Try taking the tags from the basic string template to embed in the windowclass. Then, add a “<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>” tag.

Depending on the setup of your page, you may need to make sure that you remove any height limits (or bottom anchor) to make it fit the way you want. I’m not sure without seeing example.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
December 24th, 2019, 20:33
Thanks. That kinda helped.. and it is now working. :)
I mostly just removed a bunch of extra stuff I had in there and just left the
<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
bit.. and poof it worked. I'm not sure if I might not be better off using the string_columnh template.. but that seems to have fixed column widths that I don't necessarily want.
Anyway.. it works.. so thanks. :)