PDA

View Full Version : Ranger in D&D:UA?

Blakey
December 23rd, 2019, 13:55
Is the new Ranger class built into the FG purchase of Unearthed Arcana?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5EUA

Thanks
Blakey

esmdev
December 23rd, 2019, 15:15
No. Sadly it predates the official license and had to be removed (along with everything else before X date). Not sure why but there have been several topics about it.

My personal belief is that the licensing people at Wizards are classists and are Paladin supremacists trying to keep the rangers down. But I just got done imaging an adventure for the Kult RPG so maybe I'm just in conspiracy theory mode.

Blakey
December 23rd, 2019, 15:23
Thanks. I guess I won't be buying that then!

Zacchaeus
December 23rd, 2019, 16:31
What do you mean by New ranger class? Any article which dates from January 2018 is in the Unearthed Arcana module. The newest Ranger that I see is the Swarmkeeper archetype and that is in UA as well as the Hunter from the enhanced classes article.

Nickademus
December 25th, 2019, 06:28
Revised Ranger

Myrdin Potter
December 25th, 2019, 15:45
Nickademus had been converting the UA articles and releasing them on DMs Guild. The WoTC decided to block the distribution of UA to new people (it still is there for people that got it in the past). Then WoTC decided that all UA articles from a certain date were OK and those are being released here.

Since Smiteworks added the ability to create a class to the client, you can easily recreate it. Copy the existing Ranger class in the SRD and rename it. Edit to add the "revised" features, export itr and it is ready for use.