PDA

View Full Version : What is the properties field used for in weapons?

hehaub
December 22nd, 2019, 23:06
@Trenloe, Is this used for anything currently?

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2019, 11:48
Described in Wiki -> User Guides -> PFRPG2 - Item Sheet

hehaub
December 23rd, 2019, 23:57
I think it is broken then. It does not work at all that i can see. I tried all the things in the wiki, even following the example to make the dagger, but no love.

Allmight
December 24th, 2019, 12:08
Note that you have to use lowercase letters only atm.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2019, 14:43
I think it is broken then. It does not work at all that i can see. I tried all the things in the wiki, even following the example to make the dagger, but no love.

This is working for me.

So what I did was
1) Made a copy of the club
2) Unlocked the copy and added 'striking' to the properties box
3) Dragged the weapon into the inventory of the PC
4) Opened the Actions tab and the damage is doubled.

Trenloe
December 24th, 2019, 15:58
1) what exactly are you trying to make?
2) do you create the item before adding it to the PC sheet?

hehaub
December 24th, 2019, 16:07
Note that you have to use lowercase letters only atm.

Are you saying it does work? Maybe I am missing something if so. Here I show a weapon with striking added to it, then placed into the inv of
my character. The rolls do not change, but I believe I should see a change.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2019, 16:13
Are you saying it does work? Maybe I am missing something if so. Here I show a weapon with striking added to it, then placed into the inv of
my character. The rolls do not change, but I believe I should see a change.

Yes, we are saying it is working. Are you using any extensions? Does this work in a new campaign without extensions?

hehaub
December 24th, 2019, 16:37
Yes, we are saying it is working. Are you using any extensions? Does this work in a new campaign without extensions?

Hey Zacc, thanks for the confirmation. I did try a new campaign and disabling extensions. After your post of what should happen I started going through my setup a bit closer
I found my issue.... I had an unzipped ruleset on this machine that was causing the issue. :o Thanks for the feedback everyone.
It is working as advertised for me now that I have fixed this. Thanks for all the hard work Trenloe, I look forward to watching this rule set progress! :)

damned
December 24th, 2019, 21:41
just in case you are not aware - if you unpack a ruleset FG will always use that unpacked version over the downloaded PAK. So if there are updates to the ruleset (of which there have been many with PF2) they will be getting downloaded but FG will still be using the unpacked version.