PDA

View Full Version : Creating a custom class, ground up, in the manage characters page. Possible?

Skeletor3040
December 22nd, 2019, 18:27
Ive been trying for quite a bit of time now, reading through the forums, thought id just post something asking about it.

I am trying to create an ultimate necromancer, and i would like to create a class from the ground up, in the manage characters section of the fantasy grounds program, so that it functions as all the other classes do, just grabbing
and dropping a new level of necromancer when i level up, and i get all the features and neato things that i built into this, added in like a normal class.

There is no option to create new, or edit the current class list i have from this part of the program, anyone know if it is even possible?

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2019, 19:10
What ruleset?

Skeletor3040
December 22nd, 2019, 19:22
It's 5e

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2019, 19:24
[Moved to the 5E forum]

There are various videos available to show you how to enter data for the 5E ruleset, available from the sticky threads at the top of the 5E forum.

For this specific question, see the "Class creation" video available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information

Skeletor3040
December 22nd, 2019, 19:28
Yes, I saw this, but this is creating a class from an already opened game session, I want to do it from the manage characters page, I use fantasy grounds as my character sheets for when I play table top with friends. I use it to organize and maintain my character sheets. When creating a class in this way as he does in the video, it doesn't carry over to the manage characters section of the program.

Skeletor3040
December 22nd, 2019, 19:29
If it's better I can take this post to that specific forum thread set and post it there, myb for posting here accurately xD

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2019, 21:31
You can not create a class from within Manage Characters. Create a Development campaign (see link in my sig) and create the class there. Then export it to a module so you can use it any campaign (or Manage Characters).

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2019, 22:08
Indeed; start a campaign and create the class in that. Then as LE say create a module and you can then open that in manage characters and do whatever you like with it.